NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/2/20 6:05 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I accidentally raised the ride height of the challenge car by adding stiffer springs. 

I intentionally raised the ride height on my Miata with the new coilovers that I installed. I went inside afterwards and stared in the mirror, wondering who I am.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
4/3/20 10:45 p.m.

This is probably a major win, but also a sort of confession.  We are surviving the current time really well.  Both of our good jobs are fine with working at home, our house is decent size and we have a gym in the basement, we are getting along well, we have lots of food and booze and plenty of projects to keep us busy, no kids to worry about, an iRacing setup we bought this winter, and a lightly used Mercedes wagon on the way to us now for a bargain price.  I really feel for how many people are suffering and having a hard time, and I'm quite aware of how fortunate we are.  We are now trying to spread the wealth to local small businesses we care about by giving them business, even if we don't really need it, like gift cards from local restaurants and sending work to our local father and son mechanics.  I can't help but feel guilty and fortunate at the same time.  It is humbling.  

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/3/20 11:31 p.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Sometimes caring for the big house and shop and 3.5 acres gets to feel like too much. But man am I enjoying it now!!!!!

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/4/20 2:03 a.m.

It's 2am, I'm wide awake, and nobody wants to talk about Project Pigeon. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/4/20 12:43 p.m.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/4/20 2:31 p.m.
barefootskater said:

So, rice crispys and naturally fat free marshmallows.  A large healthy snack!  Good for you.

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson Reader
4/4/20 2:42 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

That looks awesome.

Mine:  working from home the last two weeks, 4:00 yesterday spiked my afternoon coffee with Wild Turkey 101.  Texted my boss that, he replied he poured three fingers of whiskey at 3:00.  Starting the weekend out the right way.  Completely forgot about the Zoom chat again.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/4/20 3:24 p.m.

this is not the same picture. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/4/20 3:41 p.m.

I may have just spent minutes with the wife trying to figure out how to make a saxophone sound like a dolphin.

I'm not crazy, the voices tell me I'm not

stanger_missle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/4/20 4:28 p.m.

I just bought a used 13b housing and rotor on eBay because I'm bored. Its going to be used purely as a display piece/fidget spinner.

There is also a bare BMW M54 block that is pretty cheap.

And a VQ35 block.

Why am I like this? frown

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
4/4/20 7:13 p.m.

Made chicken and dumplings tonight with Bisquick that said it was best by September of 2018.  

Can confirm.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/4/20 7:25 p.m.

So my folks have a dickhead neighbor who (in an agricultural neighborhood where every other house has a few dormant vehicles out back and everything is over an acre) decided to comb through the county zoning laws and found some bs and called my folks in for having 3(!) dormant vehicles on the back 40. They have three weeks to remove/repair the vehicles and prove insurance and registration. 

Anyway, I work for my dad and since things have been slow he has been paying me to play chop shop. I've spent kore time wrenching in the last two weeks than I have in the previous six months. I really enjoy cars and working on them, but the reason I never tried to become a real mechanic is because I fear it would take a hobby I like and turn it into work I hate. 

im starting to approach that point. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/4/20 7:34 p.m.
ThurdFerguson said:

Mine:  working from home the last two weeks, 4:00 yesterday spiked my afternoon coffee with Wild Turkey 101.  Texted my boss that, he replied he poured three fingers of whiskey at 3:00.  Starting the weekend out the right way.  Completely forgot about the Zoom chat again.

Normal Friday being in sales?.......Once I met a guy at a hotel bar on the road and he was bragging how he had a stocked bar and keg in his house and would tap into it while at work and it made the conference calls a bit easier.   

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/4/20 8:46 p.m.

I made it 4 miles today after putting the 16s on the zephyr before being a man child and doing a burnout. My wife yelled at me because it wasn't junk burnout rubber!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
4/4/20 8:57 p.m.

I just cut Lil Stampie's hair at his request.  I didn't tell him that I'm two drinks in.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/4/20 9:13 p.m.

All of this quality home time has made my sense of humor exceptionally dry and prime to word vomit. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/4/20 9:28 p.m.

My wife made cookies. I’ve eaten way more than I should have already and I think I’m going to get more. 

What kind of a monster am I?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/6/20 8:11 a.m.

I ran into a post; I wasn't going fast but had put myself in a position that I felt the need to accelerate to move out of someone else's way and that's when the unseen post introduced itself to my door, door, bedside. Dang it

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/6/20 8:13 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

I tapped one at the atm Friday. So you're in good company!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/6/20 8:43 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to chandler :

I tapped one at the atm Friday. So you're in good company!

Just looking the parts up on car-part in the right color it's $6500. Ouch

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/6/20 8:48 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Holy carp! I think id be talking to insurance. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/6/20 11:15 a.m.

I'm 90% sure I'm the only one working inside this 270,000 sf , 4 story building.

Thinking of taking off my pants and going for a walk.

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/20 11:16 a.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

"Let me tell you about the time I became a registered sex offender..."

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/6/20 11:17 a.m.

In reply to dculberson (Forum Supporter) :

That's the one thing stopping me! 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/6/20 12:01 p.m.

I'm gonna start using my social distancing pole to distance people the berkeley out of my store if I get one more "were just looking". Y'all motherberkeleyers are the reason we're all on punishment as it is. Go the berkeley home. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vFSUWlpXufZCM7e7Q71rS77G6VXDIhvhzk2BAotfdIVKUcekMhyPQkOiWfTLWNO3