BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/6/20 7:11 p.m.

I’ve been watching too many Touring Car Masters races on YouTube. Now I really want a 70s muscle car with big fat slicks and flares. Preferably a Torana.

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/6/20 9:46 p.m.

I literally got one bolt started on my Caprice this afternoon. It was enough of a pain that I called it a win and went back in the house. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/8/20 8:05 a.m.

I just accidentally filled the Yaris' gas tank with 93 octane. Guess the little 1NZ-FE will be having steak dinner for a while

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/8/20 7:13 p.m.

Started cleaning out the garage tonight.  Found a carpet for a car, and have no idea what it came out of.  

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/8/20 10:26 p.m.

Finally changed my avatar 3 years after I sold the truck that was the old one. Last time I attempted, a forum bug stopped me and I sold that car before the bug got fixed.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/9/20 12:10 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

Minor confession: I only recognize people by their avatars sometimes.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/9/20 12:58 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Me too.

That's why I'll never put a car as an avatar. Tastes change. But rat-flails are forever.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
4/9/20 2:12 a.m.

Someone here may have given their licensed teenage offspring the blessing to go find a safe spot and do their first ever burnouts as a Viking send off for their worn tires. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
4/9/20 7:22 a.m.

With my whole family at home, I am enjoying my basement office.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/9/20 7:56 a.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

Finally changed my avatar 3 years after I sold the truck that was the old one. Last time I attempted, a forum bug stopped me and I sold that car before the bug got fixed.

I stripped and crushed the car in my avatar many years ago, but I still like it and have another one so I guess it can stay.

stanger_missle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/9/20 9:05 a.m.

My "non usable" 13b housing and rotor got delivered yesterday. I was way too excited to open my new toy that I didn't change out of my work clothes before tearing into the oil-soaked box and I got oil on my work slacks sad. Of course I had to move the rotor around the housing while making BRAP sounds. Wankels are like dark magic to me. Its a spinning Dorito filled with wonder. I'm curious but I have to be careful that I don't get too deep and fall in with a cult.

I really want to get it hot tanked since it is caked with oil/grease/paint.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/20 9:55 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

This. So true.

And my confession is that i took tomorrow off. Just so i didn't have to pretend to be productive and instead play with the hotrod.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
4/9/20 11:06 a.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm gonna start using my social distancing pole to distance people the berkeley out of my store if I get one more "were just looking". Y'all motherberkeleyers are the reason we're all on punishment as it is. Go the berkeley home. 

And they keep extending the quarantine like teachers used to do by cutting into recess time in grade school.

If you guys can't behave, we're extending the quarantine another two weeks.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/9/20 11:24 a.m.
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) said:

change out of my work clothes before tearing into the oil-soaked box and I got oil on my work slacks sad

Brake cleaner is your friend there.

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/9/20 12:39 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

Quoted for truth!

stanger_missle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/9/20 1:31 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) said:

change out of my work clothes before tearing into the oil-soaked box and I got oil on my work slacks sad

Brake cleaner is your friend there.

Luckily, I was able to get the oil out using Simple Green. The slacks are dark grey and would hide the spot pretty well.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
4/9/20 2:37 p.m.

Anyone else using their multimeter to check their temperature? 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/9/20 2:39 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

I'm using my cheap infrared thermometer

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/20 2:45 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) said:
Mndsm said:

I'm gonna start using my social distancing pole to distance people the berkeley out of my store if I get one more "were just looking". Y'all motherberkeleyers are the reason we're all on punishment as it is. Go the berkeley home. 

And they keep extending the quarantine like teachers used to do by cutting into recess time in grade school.

If you guys can't behave, we're extending the quarantine another two weeks.

Right. And there's always that one shiny happy person that ruins it. Like, I'm fine chilling at home. But- I want some damnit hot wings and the best place around is closed because of this bullE36 M3, and I can't even give my lbs uncle Donny's fun bucks for a new bmx! 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/9/20 4:18 p.m.

I found a version of the bike I had in 1996, except somewhere along the way it was given a full XTR groupset, and the buy it now is under $600 with $100 shipping, and this makes economic sense to me.

Can not find any Schwinn s9five.3 for sale anywhere, which was my favorite bike of all time.  22lb rigid machine, was perfect for the slow technical trails I grew up on.  The geometry was right on.

OTOH I was 17 in 1995.  That should be a clue why I should not be looking at "vintage" mountain bikes.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
4/9/20 5:58 p.m.

I kinda saw this coming, but the hardest thing about not living with former SWMBO is going to be not having our pup around.

Don't get me wrong, as long as she can take care of him, I know he's better off with her and she sorely needs him more.  But I'm really going to miss him.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/9/20 6:30 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

So, is your temperature 12 or 120?

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
4/9/20 8:49 p.m.
Duke said:
SaltyDog said:

So, is your temperature 12 or 120?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/10/20 8:07 a.m.
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/10/20 10:56 a.m.

I just bought the correct, proper, not cheap Hazet piston retractor tool for opposed piston brake calipers, so I can continue the brake work on the Porsche.

It feels dirty spending more than the usual twenty bucks for a tool like that, but if the tool that's ten times as expensive lasts ten times as long, it's likely to be the last brake piston retractor I had to buy for this style of caliper.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QVz0iNH7Ymg8GT9Xju7Sw9BMmcmQYtIImHc78FY2wGz3xaYHA1o30bvm6dngpVjR