wae
wae UltraDork
9/2/20 7:43 p.m.

I like those alcoholic freezer pops that costco has.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/2/20 8:25 p.m.

I'm sitting here listening to my Spotify favorites playlist and I'm about 2 beers and a glass of bourbon in. Lots of Fear Factory, Static-X and Coal Chamber. Its making me really miss the 90s. I was 14 in 1995. Was that really 25 years ago?! What the berkeley happened? Someone must of slipped some nostalgia into my glass. Damn sad

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/2/20 11:53 p.m.

I really wish mini vans that can tow a Miata on a trailer were a thing now for some reason. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/3/20 4:45 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

You should try a smoky martini.  Now that I think about it I think that'll cut down the sweetness of the Skrewball Peanut Butter whiskey perfectly.  

A Wodka Ball is my new favorite drink.  First try I'm doing 1/3 Wodka Rye Vodka and 2/3 Skrewball.  I might try 1/4 3/4 but I think I nailed it on first try.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/3/20 4:48 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I really wish mini vans that can tow a Miata on a trailer were a thing now for some reason. 

I’d think with a really lightweight trailer, built specifically for a Miata, you’d be good to go.  I think Chrysler minivans can tow up to 3500 lbs.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/3/20 5:33 p.m.

Pretty sure an Astro could do it no problem.

Heck, I've seen it done.

9/3/20 10:37 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I was thinking more Honda Odyssey than Astro. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/4/20 5:22 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

What about an R63 AMG? Those definitely have to be able to tow. Mind those head bolts though.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/4/20 7:31 a.m.

A good friend has dragged his Golf race car all over western Canada behind a vaguely pickup truck shaped Honda Odyssey...

9/4/20 10:05 a.m.
NickD said:

What about an R63 AMG? Those definitely have to be able to tow. Mind those head bolts though.

That's an amazingly bad idea. I like it.

9/4/20 10:06 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

so Pilot/Ridgeline bits swapped on to an Odyssey to effectively build a tow package Odyssey was considered.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/4/20 10:09 a.m.
NickD said:

That's an amazingly bad idea. I like it.

RIP Dead Space.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/4/20 10:10 a.m.

the little trailers and cars can easily be towed with a DGC or CT&C with towing package. 

rabbit and golfs were pulled many miles with that combo

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/4/20 10:17 a.m.
NickD said:

RIP Dead Space.

BIG berkeleying rip. One of the few games that gave you "power" but still made you feel some fear. Hard tightrope to walk.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/4/20 10:21 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
NickD said:

RIP Dead Space.

BIG berkeleying rip. One of the few games that gave you "power" but still made you feel some fear. Hard tightrope to walk.

Dead Space 2 was an amazing game. DS3 was pretty meh once you went groundside. Exploring the old abandoned fleet in space was cool though. It undermined Ellie really badly as a character. She went from a gun-wielding badass who put up a fight even after having an eye scooped out to a whiny sniveling teenager who spent the whole game crying "Why doesn't my ex and my current boyfriend get along?" and needing to be rescued at every turn. Also, Isaac no longer suffering hallucinations really gutted a lot of the mind-berkeley horror that occurred in 2. I'll never forget the part in DS2 where Isaac pops out of the vent and necromorph Nicole tries to stab him in the eye with a hypodermic needle and Isaac fights her off and once the hallucination dissipates Isaac realizes he was trying to stab himself with the needle.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 10:55 a.m.

I was thinking more Honda Odyssey than Astro. 

Well, given that Odysseys are larger and have larger brakes, you should be fine.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

so Pilot/Ridgeline bits swapped on to an Odyssey to effectively build a tow package Odyssey was considered.

The only real difference is Odysseys never got AWD because the floor is in the way.  It's the same drivetrain and IIRC they're the same from the firewall foreward.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/4/20 12:00 p.m.

The new Bombardier Can Am, the Ryker, looks like a badass cyberpunk trike buggy and I really want one.

9/4/20 12:40 p.m.

My understanding is that cooling and spring/shock/sway bar changes would be the biggest items if one was to do such a thing.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 6:17 p.m.

It's been a year since I've bought a vehicle.  Actually feels good.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/4/20 10:29 p.m.

I told work I was ready to be back starting in a week. Work said they'd try and squeeze me into the schedule. They're slow and payroll is berkeleyed. I'm not upset by any of this. Part time? Sure. At this point I'm watching the clock until I buy a house and refuse to commute anyhow. 

I love the way me mew truck rides and drives. Yet i cannot get the idea of lowering it out of my head. I keep telling myself it will only be spindles and a flip kit, and it will retain all the niceness i like. But i know 2/4 won't be enough.....

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/5/20 9:30 a.m.

Getting that weird itch to build a high horsepower Chevy 2.2l.

The heads in those things are beautiful.  And they had 44mm intake valves stock.  Ask a guy who plays with 8v VWs what he would do to be able to run 44mm intake valves.  Or intake ports that heavily downdrafted, and exhaust ports that weren't designed with a T-square.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/5/20 10:25 a.m.
NickD said:

Dead Space 2 was an amazing game. DS3 was pretty meh once you went groundside. Exploring the old abandoned fleet in space was cool though. It undermined Ellie really badly as a character. She went from a gun-wielding badass who put up a fight even after having an eye scooped out to a whiny sniveling teenager who spent the whole game crying "Why doesn't my ex and my current boyfriend get along?" and needing to be rescued at every turn. Also, Isaac no longer suffering hallucinations really gutted a lot of the mind-berkeley horror that occurred in 2. I'll never forget the part in DS2 where Isaac pops out of the vent and necromorph Nicole tries to stab him in the eye with a hypodermic needle and Isaac fights her off and once the hallucination dissipates Isaac realizes he was trying to stab himself with the needle.

My "favorite" thing about DS3 wasn't the fact the guns removed limb mechanics completely or how easily you could become a total death machine; it was that somewhere, someone decided to add 20lbs of T&A to Ellie and everyone was just cool with it. I'd love to be the fly on the wall in that meeting: a Visceal dev patiently trying to explain to some scummy EA manager that she shot and fought her way out, lost an eye and was leading a one-woman crusade against an army of corpses and them steepling their moist hands together responding "But what if... she went up several cup sizes?"

And that's not even getting to how they killed her character. Like, if my partner was wracked with alien sigils and hallucinations constantly I wouldn't argue with them if they told me they couldn't fight.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/5/20 6:10 p.m.

I'm probably an idiot, the fat shot had no side effects until I went to the full dose. Now I get about three hours of anxiety in the morning and a bunch of nervous energy the rest of the day. A normal person would probably stop but I am getting better riding out the anxiety and with the energy I'm getting a ton of stuff done. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fTtoQCfDPtnYP6tkcQn778vo9EuFS2Ik2VQ56fnFYYC3tSRsQw30enVPvazq5mX3