Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/5/20 6:44 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

If you can deal with the side effects, go for it. Some people can't or won't, some can...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/5/20 6:52 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm probably an idiot, the fat shot had no side effects until I went to the full dose. Now I get about three hours of anxiety in the morning and a bunch of nervous energy the rest of the day. A normal person would probably stop but I am getting better riding out the anxiety and with the energy I'm getting a ton of stuff done. 

Meth is a powerful drug...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/5/20 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I've got to many teeth to be a meth enthusiast. If it weren't for random drug testing a little coke could probably fix things in no time. This stuff doesn't make me quite that anxious or fidgety. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/7/20 7:45 p.m.

Wow I am down a weird rabbit hole. Someone suggested a series on Facebook, Sorry for your loss. It's really odd how close to home some of this is hitting.  I'm out of Kleenex and had to move on to TP. I'm ok but wow this is odd.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/20 12:53 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Catharsis.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/8/20 6:30 a.m.

Oops!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/8/20 6:31 a.m.

...wrong thread!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/8/20 8:12 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Absolutely 

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 1:27 p.m.

I've started down the rabbit hole of small displacement motorcycle land speed. I live in UT. Boneville is here. I like cheap tinkering. This may be bad. 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/8/20 1:49 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

How small displacement?

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 1:59 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

There are classes for 50cc, 100cc, 175cc and 250cc. 
The predator 3hp is 79cc and $109. I haven't read the rule book for classing based on mods, and I don't know where I would start for a frame, but if I could do land speed stuff on two wheels and keep it around wife approved interstate speeds...

Not that I need another project, but I've always wanted to go to speed week and I feel it's a bit silly to go and not participate. So here we are. 

9/8/20 2:07 p.m.

I have  TW200 project that I am getting rid of.  I was midway through lengthening the frame.  I have various bits from several bikes (forks, brakes, wheels, 250cc engine). A 100cc class would have a lot more power than you can get out of a predator, but that doesn't mean you still wouldn't have fun.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/8/20 2:08 p.m.

I think someone in prior years used a hopped up 150cc scooter and ran at Bonneville.  Seems like that's a pretty cheap entry point.  I wanted to build a sub 250cc streamliner.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 2:15 p.m.

Oh my engine of choice would be a Briggs L head but no way that would be competitive. Not that competition is the goal, but my old trike would hit 30 with plenty of room for taller tires and gearing. I wonder what could be accomplished with a single speed <10hp bike. A tw200 would be a great power plant. But at this point, my budget is exactly $0 and my project time is booked for the foreseeable future. 

Still. I have a habit of obsessing over silly things. And bench building is a favorite pass-time. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/8/20 3:03 p.m.
barefootskater said:

I've started down the rabbit hole of small displacement motorcycle land speed. I live in UT. Boneville is here. I like cheap tinkering. This may be bad. 

This guy built his own 50cc 2-stroke engine and competed at Bonneville.

2STROKE STUFFING

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/8/20 6:10 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Top drawer. That is expert level enabling. And good inspiration. I've rebuilt but never modified any 2 stroke. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/8/20 8:22 p.m.

I usually drink 6-8oz of milk a day. But about once a week I just get an urge on and end up drinking a half gallon in a single day. 

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/8/20 8:25 p.m.

I can't stop thinking about building a bus and living in it full time. Probably because I'm still young and dumb and hate myself.

9/8/20 8:41 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I can't stop thinking about building a bus and living in it full time. Probably because I'm still young and dumb and hate myself.

Too much time and money.  You can buy a not-that-old Class A for not a whole lot. $10k to %15k, sometimes with a towed vehicle at that price.  With the price of parts that go into an RV, buying complete saves a lot of money.  The stairs are hard on older knees and many high end campgrounds only allow 10 year old and newer rigs.  A 35' and done is the easy button.  Even if it needs a couple repairs, that is cheaper than building your own. Be patient and you will find a deal.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/8/20 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

Not exactly the same but I often think of getting in a bus and driving off. I'm curious how long it would take to notice we were gone and then catch up. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/8/20 8:50 p.m.

I've got 10 years and a kid over you, and I still look at the challenge priced school buses and think the same thing.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/8/20 8:53 p.m.

Being able to go wherever you want to is cool.

I mean.....I've considered it

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/8/20 9:00 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

Sometimes my bus heads into Canada to see how far north I can go.  Can I get to the Arctic Ocean?  The plan falls apart trying to figure out what to do about winter which starts soon.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/8/20 9:01 p.m.

TIL there are high end RV campgrounds.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/8/20 9:09 p.m.

I've also considered that style of living. My plan is to get a newer Class C RV and roam the country. I've followed some people who do the whole #vanlife thing and it's pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I don't have the right skillset to work remotely. I mean, I could learn that skillset. I've done a bit of IP networking for the military but I'm pretty rusty since I haven't done it in about 6 years.

Something about making configuration changes in a router 3000 miles away while overlooking a lake seems mighty appealing.

Hmmm... Something to think about I guess. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fbhJs8fuEAQipWKTt2NTAs4DOcFdJwPXV5hSLhMR9X4lv0a5245tyaV7UWWKnRp6