NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/9/20 9:25 a.m.

I just rewatched the Maze Runner trilogy of films, which I really enjoy and feel like they got overshadowed by The Hunger Games when they came out. But the ending of the series always bugs me. It's one of those where after the film wraps you think about it for even ten seconds and go "No, wait, they're entirely berkeleyed."

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/9/20 9:32 a.m.
RevRico said:
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

I can't stop thinking about building a bus and living in it full time. Probably because I'm still young and dumb and hate myself.

I've got 10 years and a kid over you, and I still look at the challenge priced school buses and think the same thing.

I see cheap rvs all the time in Florida. I've come very, very close. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/9/20 9:34 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Daylan C (Forum Supporter) :

Not exactly the same but I often think of getting in a bus and driving off. I'm curious how long it would take to notice we were gone and then catch up. 

Reminds me of a joke "I was told to take a bus instead of my car home after a night of drinking. That was totally wrong. I can't drive a bus for E36 M3, either and now I owe someone a fence". 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 5:43 p.m.

Today I bought a Volvo 240 pedal box.  I don't own a 240 or Volvo.  I hope to one day and and just in case it needs a manual conversion I want to be ready.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/10/20 5:45 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Today I bought a Volvo 240 pedal box.  I don't own a 240 or Volvo.  I hope to one day and and just in case it needs a manual conversion I want to be ready.

I'll sell you one. I can even take out the manual pedal box so you can install your own.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

Honestly I like your truck.  I was set on a 245 but why do that when you can have an Evan built original.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 5:57 p.m.

Second minor confession within 15 minutes ... Evan got me ... he won't sell me the truck.  He will sell me the donor for the truck.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/10/20 6:00 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Once I bought one for a 510 in case I found an automatic car then I gave up and sold it on eBay.  

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/13/20 6:39 p.m.

I swear to god, I will never get tired of hearing this song. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
9/13/20 10:03 p.m.

I ran out of oats for my protein shake for tomorrow. Hopefully Honey Nut Cheerios is a good substitute..

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/15/20 8:52 p.m.

I most definitely do not want or need another crappy Saturn in my life...unless it's a green 2nd gen SW2 with a manual trans. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/15/20 10:45 p.m.

I've fallen down a rabbit hole of sci-fi spray paint art on Etsy and will probably be buying a crapload

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/16/20 3:32 p.m.

I just remembered that I have an unopened box with two brand new Kirkey seats inside.  I bought them about 5 years ago.  I think I forgot about them about 3 years ago.  I might have a parts hoarding problem.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/16/20 4:03 p.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile said:

I ran out of oats for my protein shake for tomorrow. Hopefully Honey Nut Cheerios is a good substitute..

Well?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/16/20 5:09 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I just remembered that I have an unopened box with two brand new Kirkey seats inside.  I bought them about 5 years ago.  I think I forgot about them about 3 years ago.  I might have a parts hoarding problem.

No, you just have a memory problem.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/17/20 8:48 p.m.

Not my minor confession but Lil Stampie's.  

I went to eat some chips out of the family pack.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
9/18/20 10:38 a.m.

I was putting off some work around the house "until it was cooler outside" and now I've got a pile of stuff to do, and there's probably no way I can get it all done.

I think I might have to hire a crew to do some of it.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/18/20 7:56 p.m.

I may have taken "Don't say no to anything" a bit too far lol. I have a second car to crew for tomorrow night after work and if somehow one of the kids wins I may get my first tattoo. Should be an interesting night. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/18/20 7:59 p.m.

Today I was texting the word "Got", and I must have hit the wrong key for one of the letters.

Autocorrect changed it to "Foyt".

I have no idea why that happened, but I was too afraid to ask.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/19/20 5:44 p.m.

I'm debating the merit of putting the ranger up on the barter section of Craigslist. 

I want a different vehicle, now would be an amazing time to sell it price wise, but I'm afraid of getting stuck with a pocket full of cash and nothing but garbage or things priced triple what they should be in the buyer's market. 

I'm just frightened of what kind of laugh out loud trade offers I'll get. 

I can't afford to pay cash for another vehicle without selling the ranger, while my credit is awesome, my income and dealer used lots are both opposite of awesome, and after a $1250 trade in offer from one dealer that's entirely off the table.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/19/20 8:55 p.m.

It was fun while it lasted. Thanks to poor draws to start their heats neither driver is going to be in the feature. They both finished just out of transfer spots so it wasn't a bad night but disappointing. With 70 cars trying to get 32 spots a lot of fast cars are going home. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/20/20 9:04 a.m.

Today is landscape day, so I probably won't have a MonZora update until tomorrow night.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
9/20/20 12:29 p.m.

I just used a jack as a cheater bar because I don't have a stubby impact gun.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
9/20/20 4:53 p.m.

The night wasn't a total loss. I was dumped off at my hotel as some drunken bridesmaids were gathered in the lobby. The loudest/drunkest had some questions for the dirt covered mess that tumbled out of a barely stopped truck into the lobby of the Embassy Suites at midnight.  We had a good laugh for a while and came close to opening auditions for the next Mrs until what's left of my conscience kicked in. Every day is another awkward adventure. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/20/20 7:28 p.m.

I walked 10 miles today just to play Pokémon go with friends

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xVfVd9ptX0cW4ifCS8IXLn2LRpNtgW1NGchvY2baxAKmcBqI8ZQiPzC1Mgzaqc35