stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle UberDork
10/13/21 11:00 p.m.

I was all set to order a new Ford Maverick after selling my truck but a friend of a friend is selling his 2020 Miata Club with only 3,100 miles on it due to health reasons. He is asking, well, let's just say I'd be an idiot not to buy it. I wasn't planning on buying an ND2 but a deal this good never happens.

I'm going to see the car Sunday and hopefully come home with it.

I have no idea how I'm an adult.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/13/21 11:05 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

Ford will probably make a bazillion Mavericks, there is only one friend selling a 2020 Miata for $saywhat.  Seems like this IS the adult decision.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
10/14/21 12:00 a.m.
stanger_mussle said:

I have no idea how I'm an adult.

Adults realize that they only get one life in which to drive a slow car fast with the top down.
They've also usually got the money to do so without screwing over their lives.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/14/21 3:04 a.m.

I've been CADing and 3D printing so many things, that I've realized my latest part for the 190E gauge pod is too large to be printed on my current Ender Pro 3, and I now need a bigger printer. People weren't kidding when they said this "hobby" gets expensive once you really get into it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/14/21 7:37 a.m.

I'm not really a VW guy, or a Euro guy in general, but I really like how the 2022 Golf R looks.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/16/21 11:08 a.m.

I've been receiving a lot of texts/messages/emails from people I grew apart from after high school, and it may seem somewhat mean, but I must confess I have no desire to talk to any of them.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
10/16/21 1:58 p.m.

A couple years ago my sister sent me a message on FB about our upcoming school reunion so I said, why would I want to spend an evening with those idiots? I didn’t like them then and I’m pretty sure I won’t  like them now. Then told Her how one of our ex HS buddies showed up recently at my door looking like garbage,  telling an absolute bullE36 M3 story about his fantastic life in Europe and how pathetic the whole thing was. 

It wasn’t until after I sent it that I realized it was a group message to most of our classmates, including Mr pathetic 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/16/21 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

That is fantastic.  Best accident ever.

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle UberDork
10/16/21 9:00 p.m.

I just tried to drill a hole in a plastic trim piece to mount a rocker switch using a spade bit.

It went about as well as you can imagine. Sometimes consequences of our actions is the best teacher.

Note to self: buy a nice hole saw kit and stop trying to use a tool the wrong way.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/21 10:46 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

I don't think I've ever drilled a hole with a spade bit in, well, anything, that didnt look like it was chewed by a weasel high on PCP.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
10/17/21 8:21 a.m.

My confession? 

I have that album

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/17/21 6:50 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

My confession? 

I have that album

Well, yeah.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
10/18/21 5:47 p.m.

Caught myself shopping robot mowers. Might actually try to get one some day.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
10/18/21 5:51 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:

I just tried to drill a hole in a plastic trim piece to mount a rocker switch using a spade bit.

It went about as well as you can imagine. Sometimes consequences of our actions is the best teacher.

Note to self: buy a nice hole saw kit and stop trying to use a tool the wrong way.

Christmas tree bits work better than anything for drilling clean holes in plastic.

Azryael
Azryael Reader
10/18/21 6:19 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

I'm a huge fan of step bits in general, so much cleaner.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/18/21 6:57 p.m.
matthewmcl said:
stanger_mussle said:

Christmas tree bits work better than anything for drilling clean holes in plastic.

They are more like self-countersinking reamers than drill bits, I think.

They are also awesome for drilling stainless.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
10/18/21 8:09 p.m.

I've lost all interest in cars.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/18/21 8:44 p.m.

I deliberately wore a two day worn shirt on Sunday in case I got a trophy, just so I could photobomb Sportscar with the GRMness.

And I got a trophy.

Someone in my class was wearing a "Berkeley this E36 M3" shirt, and he was driving an E36, which belongs in the minor win thread.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
10/20/21 9:03 p.m.

I picked up a super clean 2006 R50 MINI for way less than challenge money. I can't believe how much fun this thing is to drive on a daily basis. I actually look for excuses to drive this car. I know I'll come to curse this car but right now I'm in the honeymoon stage.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
10/23/21 6:30 a.m.

I really should have known that leftover rice and beans for breakfast at 5am then two chili dogs and the remaining bowl of chili at 9 am break was not a great idea. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
10/23/21 6:42 a.m.

This is exactly why I don't keep a gun in my bathroom. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
10/23/21 6:59 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

This is exactly why I don't keep a gun in my bathroom. 

Y'know, toilet plungers are cheaper and never need to be reloaded.

JPIII, on using full throttle while driving/testing/experiencing a Sprint car: "I do not do this, for the same reason I do not use a Mossberg shotgun to flush my toilet"

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/23/21 7:55 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I'm having shoulder surgery in a few weeks. The doctor says that my recovery will take three to six months. 

I'm going to look at a Model A project car this weekend. 

Surgery has been postponed. Shoulder is still pretty useless.

I'm going to look at a Model T today.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/23/21 6:54 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Seriously solid and original car, but I just couldn't figure out what I would do with it. sad

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/23/21 7:58 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FkRLnIgJ1ILU1FtGpfWmMWcWQ10rr2Xq6r3oX8dqVeZ6G0u9JbtvxrEOGkFE5iog