Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/15/21 10:31 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

We tried the fried in mayo thing a few times, and it just wasn't as good as plain old fashioned butter. I like mayo, but mayo grilled cheese is not for me.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/15/21 11:11 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Have you tried bacon grease instead of butter?  That was the bomb when I made one each morning for Lil Stampie in elementary school.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/15/21 11:17 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
12/16/21 2:07 a.m.
Stampie said:

I've been wanting a 245 and prefer white. I saw this at a customers house. Ran when parked two years ago. They told me to make an offer. My confession is that I didn't make an offer. 

I'm disappointed.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/16/21 7:58 a.m.

Someone on Facebook Marketplace was selling a Mazda 929 with a 6.0L LQ4 swapped in, running and driving, for $6000. If I wasn't buying a house, I'm pretty sure I'd be on my way to Ohio to buy it.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
12/16/21 8:14 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/259120172858065/

That's kinda cool.  Kinda cool indeed.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
12/16/21 8:24 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

It doesn't seem like it would be great at anything, but it'd be a terrific hooligan car.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/16/21 8:54 a.m.
NickD said:

Someone on Facebook Marketplace was selling a Mazda 929 with a 6.0L LQ4 swapped in, running and driving, for $6000. If I wasn't buying a house, I'm pretty sure I'd be on my way to Ohio to buy it.

Saw that a few days ago, and it is close to me.  It's tempting, might make a fun start to a drift car or a Street Eliminator class Drag Week car.

My confession - I found out what my year end bonus is going to be.  I am tempted to go looking for something cheap and considerably more fun to drive than the Mazda5 as a winter beater that I don't care if it ends up a smoldering wreck eventually.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
12/16/21 8:59 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Like one of those unreliable XJR Jags but with a comfy japanese body and understressed american power.  Seems like a win in my book.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/16/21 9:32 a.m.

Paging Pete...

I can't stop thinking about that 929.  Any knowledge on whether the rear differential can hold up to an LQ4 in a car that heavy?  As I understand it is similar to a TII diff, but may have some smaller bearings in it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/16/21 11:02 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

It probably won't have enough traction to hurt anything.

Launching on slicks over 700hp with a manual trans might break the case.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/16/21 7:01 p.m.
NickD said:

You can't post E36 M3 like that without a link, dude.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
12/17/21 9:16 a.m.

My favorite NFL stat of the week:

Chiefs are 7-0 since Michael Irvin predicted that they won't make the playoffs.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/19/21 4:18 p.m.

In trying to communicate with a customer I said "Yo hablo Espanol muy paquito."  Turns out he's Arabic. Pretty sure he understood my Spanish just as well as he understood my English. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/20/21 11:09 p.m.

Yesterday I wanted to go to tonight's Chicago Bears/Vikings game.  

At 4pm Today I still considered going down and scalping some tickets.   

As I watch the crappy game under a warm blanket on my couch l am glad I didn't drop $300 on 2 tickets, parking, two hot dogs and a hot chocolate.   

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
12/20/21 11:29 p.m.

Two years ago I spent more on a single souvenir than on the ticket into Disneyland where they're sold. Last year I realized it had no use and gifted it to 11yo bro. This time around I didn't buy one. 

We bought three. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/21/21 3:11 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater5000 :

What is it what is it what is it

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/21/21 9:24 a.m.

dculberson said:

What is it what is it what is it

It was impossible for me not to read that in Mike Patton's voice.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/21/21 10:17 a.m.

The only thing I wanted to bring home from any Disney gift shop was the LGB train set they had in the German shop in Epcot.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
12/21/21 11:26 a.m.

I dropped a Costco sized bottle of ibuprofen all over the floor.

The cause: trying to open it while both arms are in over the elbow casts
the solution: pick up about 500 pills while both arms are in over the elbow casts.

That took more than a minute.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/21/21 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Well, with both arms in over the elbow casts, you probably needed something to keep you occupied other than the TV...

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
12/21/21 6:04 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Just got back to UT. Pics when I get home and unpacked. 

The left two are the legacy Ahsoka Tano padawan set, and on the right is one of the custom jobs you build yourself during a half hour experience with only about ten other folks in the room. It's silly and expensive but fun if you're a Star Wars fan. I did one a couple years ago and we were both gonna go but they were all booked up this time around and we could only get one space on standby. Then I bought the ahsoka set because I have poor impulse control. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/21/21 10:01 p.m.

I discovered the Qxir channel on YouTube, and normally I don't like "talkie" videos, but his are entertaining.

Now I am reading written words with an Irish accent voiceover in my head.  It's actually kinda nice.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
12/22/21 5:29 a.m.

So icy on the way to work that I slid about 1/4 mile down the first hill by my house. That was when I said berkeley it and turned around and called off. I am not dying to get to work.

The minor confession?

I giggled the whole way back up the hill as the only way I could make progress was on the rev limiter in the R and she ain't quiet.

"BAPBABAPBAPBAP*POW*BABAPBAPBAP"

My neighbors must be really impressed at 5:10am.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/22/21 9:45 a.m.

My year end bonus hit my account, and there is an empty space in the driveway.  I do not need another car.   I do not need another car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ptM63neA4uFllagZqmq2Xmvcyeutow5CxdeiYJri9AYO17TaNIqN5ADA9F1mT4p0