RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
1/12/22 7:19 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I believe the problem is with the word "mother". 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/22 7:52 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

And "maiden", which implies not only femininity but assumes virginity.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/12/22 8:38 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I would not have the patience or wit to do that.  Have we gone so far down the road that asking for your mother's maiden name is offensive?  Berkeley me gently...

Normally I would have just pointed out the stupidity, laughed,  and moved on. I was tired and miserable yesterday, and when I'm in a mood my pedantic tendencies creep out

She did mention that not all families are traditional and some have two females and some have two males as parents. Mrs. P noted, and  rightly so, that all people have a mother. There's really no way around it. Asking for my birth mother's born name would have been simple, and oh so less offensive, but more importantly, is my Mother's maiden name really a legitimate security question for a federal government to be using in 2022?

Offensive?  You living under a rock out there in Saskatoon? Ask Don Cherry or Wendy Mesley

And who cares? I just want my berkeleying pogey

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/12/22 8:51 a.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
was tired and miserable yesterday yesterday, and when I'm in a mood my pedantic tendencies tend to come out

And who cares? I just want my berkeleying pogey

Now here we have a legitimate sidebar.

Pogey.  What parts of the world do we understand that?  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/12/22 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I think Canada? 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/12/22 8:57 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Pogey.  What parts of the world do we understand that?  

I was thinking that as I typed it

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
1/12/22 12:36 p.m.

I ran out of patience to read it all but I keep checking to see how many pages the "GREEN" thread has gotten up to.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/16/22 11:40 a.m.

I really want the $700 2+2 280z, despite being happy with the projects I have. It's within an hour of my parents house in GA, which means it would be a weekend retrieval process and my parents could get it registered in their name so I could get a MI title. Sigh.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/22 1:01 p.m.
Daylan C. said:

I ran out of patience to read it all but I keep checking to see how many pages the "GREEN" thread has gotten up to.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading it too- and honestly it's part of the reason I'm less likely than ever to build a challenge car. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/22 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'm not kidding about that Caddy. After I posted...I looked up airbag kits. Seriously.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/22 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Wise man once said- you can live in a car, you cannot drive a house. You know what I'd do. 

(In other news, do I have to add a caddy to my storage pile?)

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/16/22 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I cannot imagine changing the label on an existing database field and expecting everyone to just guess it out, even at a very small scale. If you want to switch from "mother's maiden name" to "parents' last name" or even "parent's last name," then you create a new data field. 

Also, "mother's maiden name" should have died as a security question fifteen years ago.

The idea that someone would expect someone to validate against a field that was named something else when it was filled, and that agents aren't allowed to say what the field was called is insane and built to fail.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
1/16/22 6:55 p.m.

Today I learned flaming hot Cheetos flavored Mac and cheese in a box was a thing. Guess what the 10 year old and I are eating for dinner...

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/17/22 10:32 a.m.

I got my Pogey!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/18/22 3:06 p.m.

I had a dream last night that I won a Pontiac Fiero in a raffle. I was disappointed to wake up and realize it was a dream.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/18/22 5:25 p.m.

I feel your pain.

I dreamt on the weekend that I had a full head of hair

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/18/22 5:30 p.m.

You guys are way ahead of me, I dreamed that Hillary Clinton was hitting on me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/18/22 5:36 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Hillary Clinton or Scotty Klimer?

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/18/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Young Hillary or old Hillary?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/18/22 7:11 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Daylan C. said:

I'll be honest, I stopped reading it too- and honestly it's part of the reason I'm less likely than ever to build a challenge car. 

I posted there once only to comment how terrifying it is.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/18/22 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

What GREEN thread is this of which you speak?

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
1/18/22 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Look in the $2000 challenge section. You'll see it. 

TT86
TT86 New Reader
1/19/22 7:53 a.m.

Confession thread? 

I'm not as talented as I think I am. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/22 8:08 a.m.
Appleseed said:
Mndsm said:
Daylan C. said:

I posted there once only to comment how terrifying it is.

I read about three pages and noped the berkeley out. I get what some of the guys were saying but, wow, turn the melodrama down a notch.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/19/22 9:17 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Frankly, I've never understood why they made tires budget-exempt to begin with.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6H3vD3ve6VbRuqaFWh9t82Jkfwh6vsC4R8EWteOKkunJSuoKHbqLrOl7VOCw9vrC