Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/10/22 9:54 p.m.

Deep down I wouldn't mind moving to central Wisconsin.  I'm in Neenah tonight and would actually buy a boat if I lived here. Maybe not this one.....  

I'm probably the only guy that wants to retire and move north rather than south.   

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/17/22 4:45 p.m.

I need to quit watching car trek. All I do is hit autotempest, put whatever horrible idea I have in it, and sort by lowest price. That shouldn't be allowed. 

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
8/21/22 3:07 p.m.

Today has been the weirdest birthday of my life, so far.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/24/22 4:51 p.m.

I have been using the jump box to start my truck for the last 2 months. Every time I've had to start it. I finally quit being cheap and lazy and got a battery while I was at Walmart today. Pretty sure it might actually been a loose terminal.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/31/22 4:02 p.m.

I spent the morning with a very pleasant young woman (not alone) working on a group project.

She was maybe 4'-10" tall, but she was wearing a very flattering outfit, and dear Bob was she put together the way I like 'em.

She seemed smart, too.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/31/22 9:03 p.m.

Here we go again

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/1/22 8:33 p.m.

I just watched a national prime time broadcast.

I was so embarassed that I turned red.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/5/22 8:42 a.m.

I am mostly a fan of American V8s and Japanese cars, and am leery of European cars in general.  As of yesterday, somehow, the eastside fleet is half German cars.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/5/22 9:08 a.m.
Duke said:

I spent the morning with a very pleasant young woman (not alone) working on a group project.

She was maybe 4'-10" tall, but she was wearing a very flattering outfit, and dear Bob was she put together the way I like 'em.

She seemed smart, too.

I hate it when that happens

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/5/22 9:13 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

I am mostly a fan of American V8s and Japanese cars, and am leery of European cars in general.  As of yesterday, somehow, the eastside fleet is half German cars.

Uh oh.  Lori's VW budded, didn't it?

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/5/22 9:25 a.m.

I'm sure I've confessed this before, but if I haven't, I hate being a passenger in my own vehicle.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
9/5/22 9:37 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I am absolutely moving north when I retire, and it can't come soon enough.

I look forward to wintering in Maine. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/5/22 9:46 a.m.

Our friends in their late 50's just moved to Iron Mountain, Michigan and still need to work but they love the area.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/5/22 10:10 a.m.
Duke said:

She seemed smart, too.

Yes. There was a welder on my shift, about that size, fine features, red hair, looked like she just got off the boat from Scotland. She ran a robotic welding cell, was an excellent operator, and valuable resource who, on days when we were in need, would run up to 5 cells at once. Nobody does that. She was accused of stealing from the company by a departing employee, hauled in to HR, and suspended pending an investigation. When they realized that they actually had no proof they called her back, reimbursed her for the day off but would not, at her request, apologize.

It took her a day to find a new job. I sure miss Carole-Anne

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/5/22 12:27 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
eastsideTim said:

Uh oh.  Lori's VW budded, didn't it?

Seems like.  We're at 2 VWs and a Mercedes, now, versus 2 Mazdas and a Chevrolet.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/7/22 12:22 a.m.

I can't be the only person thinking about swapping an FA24 out of the new GR86 and putting it in a GT86?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/8/22 6:11 p.m.

I unironically want a Tercel 4WD wagon

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/8/22 8:12 p.m.

I just paid Lil Stampie $1 to go out to my work van and get my iPad.  I didn't have to take off my comfee socks and he made like $120 an hour.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/9/22 8:09 a.m.

Working my way through the bleeding process for a power steering/hydroboost system is demonstrating to me how little upper body strength I have.  I really need to start working out again.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/11/22 4:28 p.m.

I went to a car show today and in the swap meet was a gorgeous, running, driving, bone-stock '62 Ford Falcon coupe for $7k. I stared long and hard and looked it all over, and I could have afforded it, but ultimately didn't buy it. I'll probably kick myself for that.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/11/22 4:44 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Working my way through the bleeding process for a power steering/hydroboost system is demonstrating to me how little upper body strength I have.  I really need to start working out again.

There is a bleeding process?  I always just added power steering fluid, started the engine long enough for it to catch and then shut it off right away so the pump did not suck the reservoir dry, add fluid and wait for the bubbles to rise, repeat until adding fluid is no longer necessary.  It is generally good after that.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/11/22 5:46 p.m.

It is the eleventh of September, and I finally gave my 82 Camaro it's spring wash.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
9/13/22 2:01 p.m.

I'm now buying 2 of whatever apparel I really like.  My favorite driving shoes have been Adidas Trackstar XLT, they're like Puma but wider and more comfortable, and they don't make them anymore. Never again!

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/14/22 12:17 p.m.

In reply to j_tso :

I felt the same way about my Puma Driftcat IIs. Found three pairs at the Puma outlet up the road a few years back, but I've already worn them all out.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
9/14/22 12:20 p.m.

In reply to j_tso :

Not sure which era of the Adidas motorsport shoes those were by name, but I've found the Goodyear is now making more or less the shoe I remember and calling it the ORI-S. I feel like quality may be a half step down, but they seem to be more or less the thing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IWr0WxHUOcOQW8FFWxVJPPxSStNJHhtTKLdDOXPFR3lN2JvNIMs2NQzbjTKbbnkA