Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/19/23 3:27 p.m.
NickD said:

I had a vehicle today where the DTC was B0085. It got a chuckle and a "Noice..." out of me.

I've posted this before, I'm sure.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/23 5:37 p.m.

Screenshot on a genuine GM TechII

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/19/23 7:33 p.m.

My work email alert used to be a sample from Blazing Saddles of Slim Pickins getting hit in the head with a shovel and going "OWWWwww..."

Yes, I worked in an open office. I kind of miss those days.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/19/23 7:36 p.m.

I discovered that I can buy brake line fittings from Rock Auto cheap.  Real cheap.  I need ten NPT to double flare adaptors and they are like 53 cents from RA, and about five bucks each and a trip to six parts stores locally.

But somehow I am too cheap to put everything in one big order...

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/20/23 7:51 p.m.

I want a 64 Impala with a 80's vintage Dusterdb13 installed system just so that I can go to car shows playing Boyz n the hood.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/21/23 6:40 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Bring it. Ive got a couple square subs, a vintage deck or three, and a few thousand watts of amp. Should be able to do damn near competition grade fir under a half budget  challenge car.

My confession: i have too much E36 M3 I'll never use.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/22/23 8:58 a.m.

We have heavy wet snow falling this morning, the surface temps are just enough to melt a tiny layer of it, while leaving most of it intact, and the roads have not been plowed or salted.

Why is this in confessions?  I ran my errands already, but I really want to go back out, find a place to park my car, and watch the mayhem when everybody else starts heading out.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/22/23 8:30 p.m.

I like my hot dogs violently overcooked to almost the point of inedible. As I live in an apartment this can be difficult to attain. Grill access is...limited. 

My mapp+ torch however is NOT. Instant crispy. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/23/23 7:09 p.m.

The classified ads are making me want to financially ruin myself.  Buy the Bentley Turbo R, and one of the Ford 7.3 engines, mix together, and destroy my life.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/23/23 7:45 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I mean, the guy said 10k installed....did he specify that it had to be a Ford? You could have a whole lot of fun for the price of a used Camry. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
1/25/23 4:03 p.m.

I was laid off from my first two jobs out of college. Economy was down and one of the companies moved to Mexico. That was over 20 years ago and the thought of layoffs still freak me out. All this new talk about recession and layoffs has me feeling very uneasy even though I have progressed quite far in my career and my wife and I have a life style that is within our means. Just a constant fear that lingers in the back of my mind. 

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/26/23 11:03 a.m.

I'm starting to feel the allure of unreliable European cars. So far I have stuck to reliable Japanese hatchbacks for my daily drivers, and that strategy has served me very very well - I've driven tens of thousands of trouble-free miles. But still, the pull of Audi, Porsche, MINI, BMW, Alfa, etc. is very strong.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/26/23 6:44 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

I think some of us are just wired to be concerned about the future.  Never been laid off past college, live well below my means, and could survive on savings for quite a while if I had to, but still am always nervous about employment and finances.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/26/23 7:51 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I have two bosses, co-owners of the firm.

Boss 1 always worries that we're one lost project away from starvation.

Boss 2 always worries how we're going to get all the extra work done on time.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/26/23 8:22 p.m.

I made wonton pizza bites for dinner with some very nice ingredients.  I totally berkeleyed them up by stuffing them too full and once the grease got out the wontons didn't brown.  Now I'll end up throwing them in a blender and try to save them tomorrow evening when Lil Stampie isn't around to see my shame.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/27/23 12:34 p.m.

The more I see those Can Am Rykers, the more I want one. And the prices don't seem that awful. $9000 for a cool cyberpunk trike thingy? Sign me up.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
1/27/23 3:23 p.m.

I work in customer service. 

I hate people. Most of them anyway.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/27/23 4:51 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

I've spent 42 years in CS and sales - you'd think I'd be easy to deal with in regards to other people in CS and sales.  

You would hate me. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/28/23 9:51 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
jimbob_racing said:

I've spent 42 years in CS and sales - you'd think I'd be easy to deal with in regards to other people in CS and sales.  

You would hate me. 

Problem being, there are a great many CS and sales positions held by people, which means a reasonable percentage of them are bad at their job.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
1/29/23 10:49 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:

Therefore, I hate people. Most of them anyway.

You left out a word, JB.

My outlook on life improved considerably when I left the retail/CS environment.

Confession: if it stays as cold as the forecast says it will, I'm staying indoors and ignoring my chores today.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
1/29/23 11:10 a.m.

Disturbing new evidence suggests that Leon Russell might have hooked up with one of my older sisters back in the 70s. .. sad

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
1/29/23 6:36 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Disturbing new evidence suggests that Leon Russell might have hooked up with one of my older sisters back in the 70s. .. sad

I read this and my mind changed Leon Russell to Leon Redbone.  Not sure if that's better or worse.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/29/23 6:42 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Is the evidence a kid that looks a lot like him?  Guess that would be old evidence unless it was just recently noticed.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/2/23 4:52 a.m.

It is astounding how often the idea "I should buy a SAAB" pops into my head. 

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/2/23 10:49 a.m.
mtn said:

It is astounding how often the idea "I should buy a SAAB" pops into my head. 

Same. Astounding how many times I've given into the thought.

The number is 33. I've bought 33 Saabs. I'm not sure how minor that confession is.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SFqff8uXx2kbzx1FbKQ9EaFsvnPBZU39YtFIvRJPR9mkrFptt5T5JLpxNYKFAhHH