Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/17/23 10:12 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

In reply to Appleseed :

In theaters this summer! Dead Commies on Mini-bikes!

Yo, I want to see that. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/18/23 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I've owned both mini bikes in that top pic, as well as a few of the really little ones with built clone motors. 
The chopper type in the top was the most fun. I love mini bikes

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/23/23 12:34 p.m.

I took my truck on the interstate yesterday. Twice. Im that guy. When the freight guys are passing you, uphill, you may be in the way. 

I just stay in the right lane, doing a Jimmy carter approved speed. Y'all can go around, and stay off the grass on your way. 

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
2/28/23 9:40 p.m.

I have a GMC Sierra as a rental for a few days, and I really really like it.  GM trucks were always the bottom of my full size truck list, but that is apparently no longer the case.  

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
2/28/23 10:33 p.m.

I sent $500 off to a guy I don't know to buy a body that I haven't seen pictures of that supposedly some other guy is storing for him and for some reason  I was laughing while I did it.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
3/1/23 11:07 a.m.

The relentlessly enthusiastic ex-president of our firm sent an email out on Monday inviting us all to attend his presentation on emotional intelligence, to be held during our lunch break today and over two additional lunch hours later on. It sounds like my own personal hell. I'm strongly considering taking a fall down some stairs or inducing diarrhea to get out of it.

wae
wae PowerDork
3/1/23 11:24 a.m.

I just realized that I almost never use the TV to watch anything because it's less annoying to watch on my phone than go find my glasses.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/1/23 11:36 a.m.
Puddy46 said:

I have a GMC Sierra as a rental for a few days, and I really really like it.  GM trucks were always the bottom of my full size truck list, but that is apparently no longer the case.  

They are all really good from what I've experienced, it's crazy how far they have all come.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/1/23 1:19 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I have a 36" CRT type TV in my bedroom.  It holds mail.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/1/23 1:50 p.m.

The past 3 years I stopped turning on the TV in my hotel room.  

Hampton does this "Welcome Datsun310Guy" thing on their TV's when you check in.  Sometimes I think of calling down to have them come up and turn it off but then I'd have to use the nasty 90's phone. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
3/1/23 2:32 p.m.

I haven't bought new work clothes in 5 years, and those were my "fresh out of college" clothes.

I bought 2 pairs of Lululemon pants (highly recommended by my other guy friends) and a pullover this week and wow. It feels nice to have newer clothes, and I genuinely felt more comfortable/confident at work because of what I was wearing. Now I have to continue the refresh with some new shirts..

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/1/23 3:01 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

I need to get some new dressy/golf pants, and am thinking about Lululemon. Kind of hard to accept the price point for me, a Costco shopper, but my wife's stuff from them has been exceptionally well made and they do look good.

classicJackets (FS)
3/1/23 3:13 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

It goes against every fiber of who I think I am (as someone still wearing khaki pants from 2013), but I would recommend them. I got the ABC Classics.

Edit: my wife and I were wondering why some of their stuff is so pricey, and apparently on the shirt side of things - they don't show sweat and don't smell, so that's part of their reasoning for being higher cost. Material does feel nice too.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/9/23 9:57 p.m.

Those fish tacos had a seriously unforgiving exit strategy. 

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/13/23 9:23 a.m.

I got home from work this morning, showered, shaved, then whipped up some tuna patties to eat once I wake up.

They smelled AMAZING while I was cooking them and (minor confession) I'm laying here thinking about how delicious they're going to be when I wake up, and salivating like a sweaty-toothed mad man.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/16/23 11:49 a.m.

I have decided I am no longer driving other people's cars for them. If they can't be bothered to notice the biggest SUV ever sold to the public while they are turning, changing lanes, or going through a parking lot, they can deal with their insurance repairing or replacing it. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
3/17/23 9:19 a.m.

I have been feeling kind of "soft" lately. I have always been hands on, working on my own stuff, doing a lot of physical work, relatively self sufficient and having a feeling that if my desk job every went to E36 M3 I would be good to go with a variety of manual back labor back up options. 

This feeling that I can't do any of the hands on stuff anymore has been really freaking me out. I have started to deal with it and got more active, wired a friends trailer this week, did some work on  the truck, yesterday I washed my truck by hand. I used to do this all this time and I have gotten to where I just drive it through the car wash. It was refreshing to just wash a vehicle with a sponge and a bucket. 

wae
wae PowerDork
3/17/23 9:21 a.m.
RevRico said:

I have decided I am no longer driving other people's cars for them. If they can't be bothered to notice the biggest SUV ever sold to the public while they are turning, changing lanes, or going through a parking lot, they can deal with their insurance repairing or replacing it. 

When I had mine I always said that the turn signals were a warning, not asking for permission.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
3/23/23 3:41 p.m.

Started watching Morbius last night while waiting for eastsideWife to come downstairs to watch Mandalorian.  I ended up sitting there watching the whole movie.  It was as bad as the reviews said it was, and I usually like bad movies.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/23 4:58 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Started watching Morbius last night while waiting for eastsideWife to come downstairs to watch Mandalorian.  I ended up sitting there watching the whole movie.  It was as bad as the reviews said it was, and I usually like bad movies.

Yeah, DW and I gave it a shot because Jared Leto is usually a hilarious trainwreck.

Not in Morbius.  Just a trainwreck.  Having zero familiarity with the source material may have helped, or maybe not.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
3/24/23 10:49 a.m.

Rounds two and three of the aforementioned emotional intelligence thing went by. Lots of talk about what makes an effective leader - I am not in a position of leadership, cannot be due to lack of education, and have no desire to be - and on how important relationships are, how we all need to make ourselves vulnerable to others, and how critical it is to seek uncomfortable situations. 

The whole thing really felt like a combination of proselytizing, MLM sales pitch, and pep rally. I can't help but resent it.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
3/24/23 10:19 p.m.

The Ford Flex is a decent vehicle, and I might consider one if we needed to replace the current mom-mobile.

But if they'd made them with a rear facing tail gunner seat like an old school station wagon ,I'd have bought one a long time ago.

classicJackets (FS)
3/25/23 3:34 p.m.

My wife and I got married and became parents as COVID hit. We also had each just started new jobs, that became WFH. The friends we spent time with moved away in the years since. I don't know how to make new friends, or how to spend time away from my wife and children. Do I want to move? Maybe. Do I even want to make new friends? I wish I knew. But something feels like it's missing.

I was supposed to do grown-up chores today, like go to the grocery store, clean the house and maybe do some light yardwork.

But instead I stayed in the a/c, looked at memes and then purchased a wheelbarrow online.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/25/23 6:17 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

My wife and I got married and became parents as COVID hit. We also had each just started new jobs, that became WFH. The friends we spent time with moved away in the years since. I don't know how to make new friends, or how to spend time away from my wife and children. Do I want to move? Maybe. Do I even want to make new friends? I wish I knew. But something feels like it's missing.

You need a GTG, we need a GTG

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CP1Dq8LKzA0mg2NShDvLTH1OlJcMk9QJlBnvike9tzlXFmDiEFB4lhtTAFsCFtmG