Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/26/23 6:04 a.m.

Many years ago I took Zyban to quit smoking. One of the side effects was crazy dreams and People were stopping it because it was so bad. It was my favourite part. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/26/23 2:28 p.m.

Those are normal dreams for me.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
5/28/23 10:07 p.m.

I like everything about a cigar night. Looking over what's available and picking a cigar, having a good chat with the shop owner about what their recommendations are, sitting with a few friends for a bit, maybe having a few fingers of whiskey. Cutting, lighting the new cigar.  All of that is great, except for smoking the cigar itself.  

I'll finish it, but I never feel great about it afterwards. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/29/23 3:39 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

He's playing Dazed and Confused now, at least.  In key, at least, although a little off time, and missing a couple of the little flourishes, but hell, he's out there playing and I am in here trying to figure out a spring rate

Now he is playing "Come as you are" and completely omitting two or three notes.

Urge to shred... rising

Edit: switched to "Where is my mind" (aka the Fight Club song) and fairly well nailing it, so... rock on, dude

My GF does not like milk. Like at all. She bought a half gallon of chocolate milk to use for a recipe but only used like a cup or so.

I love milk, especially good chocolate milk.

I drank the entire half gallon in one sitting. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/31/23 4:22 p.m.

I actually don't like working from a home office.  I prefer to leave and be gone all day then arrive home at 5-5:30.  I agree it's nice to be here for those one foot snowfalls in the winter.

I love my wife but all this togetherness is really annoying.  I get a $500 car allowance and someday's I think of putting it towards one of those desk rentals.  

I could have fake coworkers I could talk about when I get home. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/31/23 6:39 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I like 2% white milk. I usually drink about 6 ounces a day. But about 1 day a week, I'll just get the urge and drink anywhere from a quart to a quart and a half.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/31/23 6:51 p.m.

I love it when I see one of my random, innocent posts has an upvote or two, and then I come back and see it is down or zero again.

It makes me think someone has a vendetta.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/31/23 7:16 p.m.

I can remember fighting with the teacher  in kindergarten. And I still haven't drank the milk. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/31/23 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

It isn't me. I rarely down vote. It has to be a particularly E36 M3ty post.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
5/31/23 10:59 p.m.
Peabody said:

Many years ago I took Zyban to quit smoking. One of the side effects was crazy dreams and People were stopping it because it was so bad. It was my favourite part. 

That was almost my exact experience with Zyban.

wae
wae PowerDork
5/31/23 11:05 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

My wife works from home a couple days a week and I think I'm going to start working from the shop on those days since everybody's home all day now.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/31/23 11:25 p.m.

I have a vendetta against 2% milk because it's not real milk and taste like E36 M3.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/31/23 11:29 p.m.
M2Pilot said:
Peabody said:

That was almost my exact experience with Zyban.

Makes me want to try Zyban. And I don't smoke.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/31/23 11:30 p.m.
Stampie said:

I have a vendetta against 2% milk because it's not real milk and taste like E36 M3.

Wait till you get a mouthful of skim milk. You will bow at the alter of the 2%.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/31/23 11:37 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

No ... no I won't because I was tricked into trying that E36 M3 when I was a child.

In honor of the page ...

I haven't tried Mary Jane for 25 years because of drug testing at my job.  Now that I'm free I've thought about trying it again but I'm scared because of what I hear about how more potent it is now vs then.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/1/23 7:56 a.m.
Appleseed said:
Stampie said:

Wait till you get a mouthful of skim milk. You will bow at the alter of the 2%.

Skim is the milk equivalent of Diet Pepsi - undrinkable swill.

1% is tolerable in a pinch, if you really must, like trying not to put water on a bowl of cereal. Whole is of course preferred, but 2% is a place I can save a few calories without too much problem.  Just like Diet Coke, it's worth a minor loss of fidelity.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/1/23 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I was the same, about 25 years. Edibles. Start off small. Very small.

I can't smoke the stuff they grow today, that E36 M3's nuts.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
6/1/23 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Interesting this came up on page 420....Good one Stampie...and you didn't notice either Peabody. It took me until your reply.......

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/6/23 9:03 a.m.

You know how people are supposed to look peaceful when they sleep?

She's never looked like that.  Not in 40 years.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/7/23 12:51 p.m.

I'm disappointed in myself that I put less than 1200 miles on the Miata last year. For years I put 7000-8000 miles on it on average, then in 2021 I only put 2400 miles on it and now last year I put 1156 miles on it.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UberDork
6/7/23 1:01 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to Peabody :

Interesting this came up on page 420....Good one Stampie...and you didn't notice either Peabody. It took me until your reply.......

Pfff, you guys waited until page 420...those of us that know how to reduce fractions were having a great time back on page 15.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
6/7/23 3:25 p.m.

My shoulder has finally stopped grinding when I move it.
The wildfires seem to have reduced the number of people running on the Greenway and made the sunsets amazing.
The kids buckled down and got their school work done.
I stopped using Splenda

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/7/23 6:22 p.m.

I confess I don't get the song lyrics....I like DLR then someday s he's a tool.  I can't decide.  

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher - are these grown men going back to school?  Or are they reflecting their past days as youths?  

Sounds like beer bottles rolling around?  Lots of sexual innuendos?  Hey teacher, I brought my pencil now I need something to write on?  

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
6/7/23 8:35 p.m.

Since my unretirement is now complete, I've put on a wrist watch for the first time since 2020

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WW9RFsQEeR31qKcQDvlkcihJJaN4WpWD4HXRc8ihUS1jLA4WspnrraGQiGVxVyCq