I was next to one of these in traffic on my way to work today:

I couldn't stop staring at the horrible tail lights. They remind me of cheapo chinese ebay special camper tail lights. What an abomination.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/7/23 9:29 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Rotate them 90 degrees.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
6/7/23 9:53 p.m.

I don't like buying single purpose tools. I used to think it'd be great to have one box to do it all, but most of them just take up space for years at a time.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
6/8/23 4:13 a.m.

*Puts man card on the table*

I am in a 5 star hotel for the first time in my life and there is stuff here I have never seen/tried. I grew up in a trailer and consider myself pretty redneck for the most part.

Here comes the confession:

The hotel has the first bidet I have ever seen, so I tried it. Clean as a whistle, even passed the paper test.

Now I want one...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/8/23 7:31 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

There's a bidet in the firehouse.

There's no ceiling in the bathroom, but there's a bidet. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/23 7:37 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Priorities 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/23 7:41 a.m.
NickD said:

I'm disappointed in myself that I put less than 1200 miles on the Miata last year. For years I put 7000-8000 miles on it on average, then in 2021 I only put 2400 miles on it and now last year I put 1156 miles on it.

I made up for it. Brought the Corvette in for an inspection yesterday, I put 11,602 miles on it last year. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/8/23 8:34 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Yes, those are horrible.

Immediately made me think of this, where I think they work

j_tso
j_tso Dork
6/8/23 8:44 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

I  thought about getting one for years then the 2020 TP rush finally pushed me into purchasing. Using any other toilet now might as well be camping.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/9/23 1:50 p.m.

Despite my general avoidance of European cars, I have an odd desire to get an E36 lately.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
6/9/23 7:19 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

I was next to one of these in traffic on my way to work today:

I couldn't stop staring at the horrible tail lights. They remind me of cheapo chinese ebay special camper tail lights. What an abomination.

It *might * work if that vehicle was black.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/9/23 8:03 p.m.

I was thinking - where do we draw the "low baller" line in the sand?

Am I a low baller offering $400? $450? $375?  

When am I not a low baller? 10% offer below asking? 

I'm 25% Bohemian- low balling is in me. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/9/23 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I generally start 20-25% below asking. But, and this is important, I flat refuse to talk money until I see something in person. 

Folgers
Folgers Reader
6/9/23 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

He will let that go for $450 no problem. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
6/9/23 9:00 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I've been very pleased with the one I bought over 20 years ago. However, whatever you've read about interiors not lasting well is true.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
6/9/23 9:06 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I was thinking - where do we draw the "low baller" line in the sand?

Am I a low baller offering $400? $450? $375?  

When am I not a low baller? 10% offer below asking? 

I'm 25% Bohemian- low balling is in me. 

As I see it, lowballing is making an offer so far below fair market value that it insults the seller by insinuating that they are either foolish enough or desperate enough to allow you to openly rob them.

I try not to waste a seller's time with an offer that insults them. OTOH, I have no problem telling them what something is worth to me, and why, and giving them an opportunity to negotiate from there.

Also, ask yourself what you really want more - a minibike, or a bargain?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/9/23 9:07 p.m.

I like small cars.

I like turbocharged cars.

I think the 1.4T Cruze is the worst car currently on the road.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/9/23 10:05 p.m.

I like Cruzes.

But were I to buy a Korean Chevy, I'd pass the Cruze and get an Aveo.  They are like alternate universe Golfs.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
6/10/23 7:48 a.m.

I helped create the tagline for a magazine that caters to German lesbians.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/10/23 7:51 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

When it was time to replace PW's Cobalt, I  looked at 2-3 yr old Cruzes. I drove a number of them, all different  trim levels, and couldn't find a single redeeming quality. We ended up with a loaded Sonic. The car itself has been stellar, but that 1.4T is the one thing preventing it from being a complete package.

I think you might be on to something.

Edit: My confession. I have been accumulating parts for a 1.8 Sonic hatch build for the last 3 years. But with the way they're holding their value, it's not looking good. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
6/12/23 6:58 p.m.

I turned on Sirius 70s on 7 as I walked out to the barn to get the lawnmower, right at the intro to Deodato's Also Sprach Zarathrustra.  

It was truly an epic mow.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/12/23 9:42 p.m.
M2Pilot said:

In reply to NickD :

I've been very pleased with the one I bought over 20 years ago. However, whatever you've read about interiors not lasting well is true.

Getting Nick and Datsun's posts cross-threaded. Thinking, "Uh...that slab of vinyl wrapped foam hardly qualifies as an interior."

Apparently, reality can be whatever I want.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
6/13/23 12:15 a.m.

I have 2 project cars I love. In the winter it was too cold to get much work done on them, and this summer I've been (and will continue to be) away more than I'm home. I hate cutting ties with projects but I'm strongly considering losing one. Maybe a major confessions?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/13/23 11:02 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

I have 2 project cars I love. In the winter it was too cold to get much work done on them, and this summer I've been (and will continue to be) away more than I'm home. I hate cutting ties with projects but I'm strongly considering losing one. Maybe a major confessions?

one at a time is my limit, but i'm old and grey.

get a Mr Heater propane torpedo. it's a game-changer. the experts say radiant is the way to go, and for heating a shop they may be right. however, to knock the chill off enough to get an hour of work done, i say the propane torpedo is perfect.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/15/23 11:01 p.m.

I confess I still want a Datsun 510 - not a fan of yellow but I'd rock this yeller one from big Pete.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BuoX2S1NMkUcVcFOj0JSkqxrif0JeCojHzoAu5sCrRJcMj8DvCxxiBDM4vDNVp1w