T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/22/19 8:50 p.m.

Moved it another 45 mins. Was scheduled to be home about now originally. Now at best I have an hour more waiting, an hour flight and 45 minute drive home. 

I’m glad this only happens once in a while. Most of the time the airline gets me where I need to go as scheduled. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/22/19 9:05 p.m.

Moved it again. I shoulda rented a car. It’s only 3.5 hr drive and I’ve been hanging out in the airport for a flight that may not happen for longer. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/22/19 10:21 p.m.

Changed gates again. Maybe third time is the charm. 

Nope. Cancelled and soonest i can fly home is Saturday. My son is driving up in the morning to get me. At least the motel is nice. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/22/19 11:18 p.m.

And then my truck leaves me stranded on the way home from the last day of a crappy work week.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
8/23/19 12:10 a.m.

Wife is just about ready to explode.  I’m not far behind.  We need a break from the kids and all of the nonsense at work.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, but at least I think we both know it needs to happen.

Sigh, how did our parents deal with this E36 M3?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
8/23/19 12:44 a.m.

Can sellers please hold off giving out tracking numbers until they've ACTUALLY shipped the thing?  
'Shipping label has been created' doesn't help me if the shipping company isn't going to even have the package in their possession for three more days.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
8/23/19 6:18 a.m.

The turnbuckle that I use on my battery holddown on my Miata vibrated apart on track at Pineview Run on Wednesday. So, the battery slid and put two nice sharp dents in the quarter panel from the inside. Grrrr.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/23/19 6:35 a.m.

I FINALLY found the source of the noise in my dash in my van:

See that screw way the berk down there in the defrost vent? It was sliding around in the duct and was DRIVING ME BERKING INSANE. It seems to have found a spot to where it won't roll around but its still going to bug me since I know its there now.

Notice the half-disassembled dash? I was going to find out what the hell was causing all that noise even if it meant tearing the entire dash out. The van needs a new windshield and I'm going to ask the glass shop very nicely if they could fish that little berkeleyer out when they remove the windshield.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/23/19 6:42 a.m.
Stefan said:

Wife is just about ready to explode.  I’m not far behind.  We need a break from the kids and all of the nonsense at work.

Not gonna happen anytime soon, but at least I think we both know it needs to happen.

Frankly?  They got divorced, statistically speaking. I am firmly convinced that at least half of divorces happen simply because of the general stress of having kids under about age 12 in the house.  Once they get to be that age, yes, then you have teenagers.  But they start taking increasingly more care of themselves so that you can stop being on duty 24 / 7 / 365.  Couples that can tough it out to that point generally make it. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/23/19 6:48 a.m.
Stefan said:

They sent their kids to camp and to the grandparents for a week or three. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/23/19 3:11 p.m.
T.J. said:

Nope. Cancelled and soonest i can fly home is Saturday. My son is driving up in the morning to get me. At least the motel is nice. 

I suspect that airlines think they're letting us down easier if they string us along with a lengthy procession of delays before they say the flight is cancelled.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/23/19 4:08 p.m.
Duke said:
Stefan said:

Frankly?  They got divorced, statistically speaking. I am firmly convinced that at least half of divorces happen simply because of the general stress of having kids under about age 12 in the house.  Once they get to be that age, yes, then you have teenagers.  But they start taking increasingly more care of themselves so that you can stop being on duty 24 / 7 / 365.  Couples that can tough it out to that point generally make it. 

Alcohol and domestic violence. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
8/24/19 7:03 p.m.

Changed the oil in the van, went to top off the tires with air and snapped off a valve stem. Awesome. 

Minor rant part 2 - despite being open until 6, there are no techs still at Firestone at 4:30. They can do it tomorrow, but that's still annoying. 

Rant part 3 - it's not the valve stem, these wheels have the tpms integrated into it. Awesome. $120 instead of $5. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/19 8:28 p.m.

I am firmly convinced that cars with VHT spray painted tail lights are all driven by total shiny happy people. I have never had one prove me wrong. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/24/19 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm sorry I hurt you.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/24/19 9:20 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I am firmly convinced that cars with VHT spray painted tail lights are all driven by total shiny happy people. I have never had one prove me wrong. 

You could extend the same theory to include people who drive with sunglasses on and not be wrong.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/19 10:05 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm sorry I hurt you.

Did you do it, or did it come like that? Big difference. Plus if the headlights are blacked out, it's a flat garuntee. Maybe it's location specific? 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/24/19 10:12 p.m.

I had a long reply typed out, but I erased it.

People suck, especially when you’re married to them.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/24/19 10:38 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

It came like that and I was about to order a pair of stock tail lights before the motor started rattling. Turn signals on the front are tinted and soon to be replaced too after I fix the motor.

I do consider myself an shiny happy person most days though.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
8/24/19 11:15 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
T.J. said:

I suspect that airlines think they're letting us down easier if they string us along with a lengthy procession of delays before they say the flight is cancelled.

Delaying a bunch of times and then canceling masks the fact that they are canceling because the flight is undersold and flying it will just cost them money.

Delays make it look like they are trying to fly but just can't make it happen.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
8/24/19 11:16 p.m.

I'd love to stay out and make money - $15 extra per trip at the soccer stadium - but when every block is an accident avoidance course amongst all the guidos/douchebags/hoodrats/general berkeley-heads I'll head home for the night.  ( Posted from home.) no

edit.  berkeley bridge and tunnel people.  Stay out of the damn city.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/25/19 6:43 a.m.

Can somebody please explain the mindset of whoever ordered my SL1 new in 1999. They didn't pay for a single damn option on it, but they got the damn ugly wing on the trunk.

I'm not sure I've ever seen another SL with the wing but my stupid manual window, manual trans, no abs, manual steering, 14" steel wheel, rear drum brake, no CD player having single cam SL1 has the stupid wing. It makes 0 sense to me.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/25/19 7:51 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/25/19 8:40 a.m.
Daylan C said:

Can somebody please explain the mindset of whoever ordered my SL1 new in 1999. They didn't pay for a single damn option on it, but they got the damn ugly wing on the trunk.

I'm not sure I've ever seen another SL with the wing but my stupid manual window, manual trans, no abs, manual steering, 14" steel wheel, rear drum brake, no CD player having single cam SL1 has the stupid wing. It makes 0 sense to me.

Pedantic point:  If it has manual steering, it is an SL, not an SL1.  Yes, there was a trim level below SL1.  (Does it have A/C?  That was an option too)

I have a feeling a salesman had the wing thrown on for free just to move the car off the lot.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
8/25/19 10:09 a.m.
Knurled. said:
Daylan C said:

Pedantic point:  If it has manual steering, it is an SL, not an SL1.  Yes, there was a trim level below SL1.  (Does it have A/C?  That was an option too)

I have a feeling a salesman had the wing thrown on for free just to move the car off the lot.

Fixxored. $750. 10% finders fee.  cheeky

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R0DkMYPFrRGQmVcRGJlmWoB5rV9VWXC2wXf8AVcQv3xhi4jBfLkMQZBXycu3AvQt