Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/2/20 7:45 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero said:

And my job isn't really dealing with the public much, I don't know how everyone that works in grocery stores hasn't stabbed multiple people by now.

Well, grocery stores have big freezers so...they probably won't find the bodies for a while. laugh

And seriously, berkeley that guy. 

Seriously, how do you put up with it.

One 75 year asshat made me want to commit newspaper related violence, you guys seem to get that several times an hour

So, so many drugs. Or the idea that I know they're gonna die soon.  

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
4/2/20 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I think it helps that we are all in it together, like a big, dysfunctional team. We can commiserate and roll our eyes together and know that people are weird and it doesn't seem to bother me as much. If it was just me, alone, out there doing my job then yeah, that 75 year old shiny happy person would have gotten a paper with the funny pages missing.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/2/20 9:53 p.m.

That paper should have been filled with chewy nugat made of dog E36 M3. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy MegaDork
4/3/20 9:26 a.m.

I needed 3x18 sanding belts. I ordered 3x24 sanding belts. 

That was completely my fault. I can return them, but I have to show up at a UPS store in person to do it. Depending on how long the stay in place order lasts, I might just keep them or gift them to my buddy that has a wood shop when this is over.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/3/20 9:35 a.m.
Antihero said:

In reply to Mndsm :

The entitlement is real and a big problem. Maybe it wouldn't bug me so much but I had a complaint about getting a paper a couple minutes late. This customer is at the very end of my route, waaayyy in the mountains. We had a windstorm and there were several trees down so I drove slow on the highway and a couple more things added up to a whole 3 minutes late. He called and complained.....as I was delivering his paper and could see me.

I know I was late, but berkeley....3 minutes in a storm that knocked out power and 9 trees across the highway. berkeley you too dude

I have a degree in passive aggression, and I would probably stop at the end of his driveway every day, read his paper, then fold it up and deliver it after I was done, while making sure he could see me.

Note:  This is not good advice.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/3/20 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

It is good advice really lol

Basically.....people like this are never happy anyway so there's no reason to go out of my way to make him happy. Paper could be in the tube, over a fence, on fire.....no berkeleys given anymore

4/3/20 9:59 a.m.

Also .....day 3 of migraines.....berkeley

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/3/20 11:24 a.m.
Furious_E said:

"Hi, you've reached so-and-so..."

No, I haven't, which is why I'm getting your voicemail. The most minor of minor rants, but this is a pet peeve of mine. 

"We are currently experiencing heavier-than-normal call volume.  Please listen carefully, because our menu options have changed."

NO YOU BERKING AREN'T AND NO THEY BERKING HAVEN'T.  Just tell me that it will be a while before I can talk to a human being and that I can try the following options.

I don't need to be berking patronized by a berking voicemail system.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/3/20 12:54 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

I needed 3x18 sanding belts. I ordered 3x24 sanding belts. 

That was completely my fault. I can return them, but I have to show up at a UPS store in person to do it. Depending on how long the stay in place order lasts, I might just keep them or gift them to my buddy that has a wood shop when this is over.

New Years box...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/3/20 1:06 p.m.

Ate waaaaay too much chili for lunch.  I feel like one of those snakes after they ate a baby hippo.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
4/3/20 1:27 p.m.

If I refuse your call immediately the first time, that doesn't mean call me another three times.

Especially when I'm in a meeting with our new CEO.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/3/20 1:38 p.m.

And now the local screeching NIMBYs are complaining about the location of the COVID testing site. Somehow a local health clinic got 1,000 tests and is doing free testing for just our town. But how dare they organize a testing site on a large private parking lot without getting permission from the people who live hundreds of yards away! (clutching pearls commences)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/3/20 1:48 p.m.

Shouldn't have eaten McDonald's. It never ends well.

Also, crutchfield shpped my new stereo to my friends house. 40 miles away. Dammit.....

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/3/20 2:30 p.m.
Duke said:
Furious_E said:

"Hi, you've reached so-and-so..."

No, I haven't, which is why I'm getting your voicemail. The most minor of minor rants, but this is a pet peeve of mine. 

"We are currently experiencing heavier-than-normal call volume.  Please listen carefully, because our menu options have changed."

NO YOU BERKING AREN'T AND NO THEY BERKING HAVEN'T.  Just tell me that it will be a while before I can talk to a human being and that I can try the following options.

I don't need to be berking patronized by a berking voicemail system.

I got an odd one the other day when I called GM TAC and they told me "Due to lower-than-usual call volume, please expect a longer wait time." Come again?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/3/20 2:32 p.m.

"We value your business but couldn't give two hoots about your time"

logdog
logdog UltraDork
4/3/20 2:34 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Unfortunately that likely means they laid off most of the contract workers due to lower call volumes so now the wait is longer for the ones that are left.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/3/20 7:00 p.m.

Weather was absolutely beautiful today.  So of course it's the perfect time to have to deal with an emergency patch for a production issue, and have testing become an absolute E36 M3show that has kept me in front of my computer all evening, and continues to do so.  I did have plans for the evening...

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
4/3/20 7:18 p.m.

It appears the battery died in the key fob for my wife's Mazda 3, so she can't get in her car.  That wouldn't be an issue, but I can not figure out where I put the spare keys and fobs for any of our cars.  All are missing.  Where the neck did I put them????  It's driving me nuts...

Rodan
Rodan Dork
4/3/20 7:45 p.m.

Beautiful here today as well... wanted to take my motorcycle out for a ride, but after the way people were driving on the one errand I had to run, I decided I wasn't suicidal.

4/3/20 8:26 p.m.

Who knew the weather was going to be so nice for the apocalypse?!

My rant continues to be customers who are not social distancing. We have started regular announcements over the intercom to "gently remind" customers to spread out. Circles on the floor for queue areas to help those who are distance challenged. Still, it seems I can't even go 5 minutes without someone walking right up to me. I'm going to have to start carrying a stick.

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/20 8:37 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) :

Problem solved.

4/3/20 8:40 p.m.

Weather was horrid here, a had to pull over because it was snowing so hard.

2 inches in a half hour( giggity?)

4/3/20 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) :

Ha! Also, no. laugh

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/20 10:47 p.m.

Being on the West Coast and having two young kids makes the GRM Zoom Chat nearly impossible to attend, let alone participate in.

Its a minor one for sure, but such is life.

What little I heard/saw looked like a ton of fun!  I'm glad it's happening and I think it's what JG's weekly show should have been.

Anyway.  Onto the weekend!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/4/20 11:46 a.m.

dropstep said:

According to the local PD I can drive on expired plates during this because the dmv is closed. Took the zephyr off storage insurance today! This could turn into a rant. 

Friend of mine posted that due to the virus, our DMV was doing online renewals with no inspection about 2 weeks ago.  He took advantage of it to renew his ancient high-miles hybrid which is currently showing a CEL. A few days ago he got his 2022 tag sticker in the mail. 

We can't renew until 90 days before expiration, which was 2 days ago for the Manic Miata. I tried online renewal yesterday and apparently since his post they have gone to drive-through inspections by appointment only, and online renewals are gone. 

Berk. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
krPDHs2vyRVs9VDxgVMqAcvcQDtDxWLoXErCqgGWADk7W2iUkGQtMJRQjX6ydk0q