mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 1:39 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Getting pulled into another lawsuit again over the same shiny happy person that hit me two years ago. Apparently he took the repair money and ran with it and then hid the car and did not pay the loan or repair it.  Now he is claiming more repairs that his insurance company will not pay because he is a lying scumbag and he is tacking this on to the rest of the bullE36 M3 crap he did before. Car has never been seen yet, still no actual physical injuries proven and he fled the country again after filling to avoid a cross claim.  Still no physical US address as well and he has a bench warrant out for failure to show. I am not the only one he is doing this to but man I hope karma catches up with him. I am a small fish in the grand scheme of this but not sleeping again due to it. Doubled up my Lexapro for the next month. 

Allegedly. 

I do not want your luck.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 6:45 a.m.

We were getting so close, my raise last year almost got us there.  We were done worrying about paying bills and would be able to let her stop working if she decided to. 

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 8:17 a.m.

[mods - please delete if considered too political]

As a lot of you know I'm a US legal permanent resident. Even though I have essentially unlimited residency in the US unless I decide to abandon it, I still have to get a new Green Card every ten years as a proof of status. Mine expired early this year and you can only apply for a new one six months before the old one expires.

You can probably guess where that's going.

Yep, USCIS (who are funded by the fees for visa applications) have my money. It also looks like (allegedly) their contract with the company that printed the new documents has expired and moves of pulling printing back in house have by stymied by lack of available funding.

Well, if you see me stop posting for a while and then resume posting from Germany, you can all guess what's happened.

Somehow this makes the task of having to send a couple of definitely more-than-challenge car sized checks to both the IRS and the state treasurer today even sweeter. Not.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/11/20 9:23 a.m.

My dog died. I loved that dog more than most people. He got sick on the anniversary of my mom's death and we couldnt save him.

I know he was 14, I know that he had a medical problem we couldn't figure out but goddamit does it hurt.

RIP Jack The Pooper, the best dog ever and pretty much a Canine Sapien. The world is worse without you

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/11/20 9:48 a.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I'm so sorry :(

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 10:07 a.m.

So sorry to hear that.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/11/20 10:09 a.m.

That sucks so much.  I lost my Julie girl last thanksgiving.  It still hurts

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/11/20 12:04 p.m.

Eastside's car interior theory:  On a long enough timeline, all rocker trim fasteners will be replaced with drywall screws.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
7/11/20 2:39 p.m.

I am sorry for your loss. No matter how long they live, losing them is never easy. Even though ours was almost 18 when she passed, we wished we had more time. Even years later, you still miss them.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/11/20 3:34 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

...I loved that dog more than most people...

I identify with that.

Sorry man :(

7/11/20 3:56 p.m.

Dogs and all pets are hard to let go of.  Nothing will ever love you so unconditionally as a beloved pet.  I am sorry to hear you lost Jack.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
7/11/20 4:13 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

I had hiccups all day. Now i wake up in ths middle of the night with them, and that bile taste/feeling in the back of my throat. Been all berkeleyed up since the steroid injections in my hand Thursday morning....

When I get them it is for 2-3 days and my abdomen hurts.  I have been to the Dr a few times over the years.

Try treating for indigestion.  Zantac was the best for me but it's not available anymore.  Tums or Prilosec or the like.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/11/20 4:56 p.m.

Oh man, we just lost a pet, so I feel your pain.

My rant of the day is about the awful NBC Gold Indycar product.  I pay out of pocket, and I get basically NBC broadcast-quality coverage (e.g. awful, with forced ad breaks where I can't watch the racing)?  No thanks.  Not going to do that again.  They pull the same scam for the IMSA races, and frankly so far this season I've just switched off the NBC coverage and watched a free onboard and listened to the IMSA radio. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 9:06 p.m.

I broke my left middle toe. By getting it caught under the chair leg trying to scooch in to the dinner table and then basically fell back into the chair and squashed myself. frown

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/11/20 10:23 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

...I loved that dog more than most people...

I identify with that.

Sorry man :(

He is even on one of the Interstellar Sledgehammer recordings I posted. 

It used to annoy me that he scratched himself so hard that it came thru the recording at a soft part but now.......

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/12/20 12:12 a.m.

Nevermind that I am going to have to drive 3+ hours to track this POS if I can actually put it back together, nevermind how stressful it will be to do a baptism by fire like that, but berkeleying two hours of struggle and ZERO progress getting the E36 M3 (actual E36 M3, the car) back together.  

Best part? All I'm trying to do is replace the manifold-to-exhaust gaskets. Two gaskets, SIX NUTS

FML, already considering selling it for a loss just to be done with it.
Why the berkeley didn't I listen when EVERYONE said avoid BMWs?

7/12/20 12:50 p.m.

I remember replacing the exhaust manifold on my 318ti, that was a smaller 4 cylinder, it was a PITA.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/12/20 1:34 p.m.

It's is very handy, yet fairly irritating having a three year old for the weekend.  He's found a couple of things around the house I've been looking for, but when he brings them to me, he can't explain where they were...

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/12/20 7:58 p.m.

Sold a nearly perfect autocross car  (NC) because I had too much money tied up in it.

Have the Zoomboni but it keeps having "issues" that prevent it from realizing it's full awesomeness (not charging, backfiring, not taking throttle).

Bought an inexpensive turbo 93 Miata for DD and "fun driver" duties but wasn't planning to autocross it so I sold the wheels and tires it came with and put quiet 400 tw commuter tires on it. 

So of course it was all that was available to AX today.   Boost was late all the time and the tires had no grip whatever.  Sigh.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
7/12/20 8:34 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

I had hiccups all day. Now i wake up in ths middle of the night with them, and that bile taste/feeling in the back of my throat. Been all berkeleyed up since the steroid injections in my hand Thursday morning....

The longest recorded case of hiccups lasted 69 years. Would have sucked to be that guy. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
7/12/20 8:46 p.m.

Three years ago, my brother and sister-in-law moved to our town from out of state on a wing and a prayer- no house to move into, no money  for rent/deposit, no warning, just "We're moving!". Mom (who also lives here) is a nice "little old lady" type in her early 60s, Dad is an Air Force vet. They both said bad idea, but the siblings decided they were moving, come hell or high water. The only people in town who were able to help them were us, and since it was rent them our house or they live in a tent, we rented them the house under the condition that they were to buy it. Well, we all know the end of that story-Credit is bad, can't buy the house yet, yada yada...

Then we find out a month ago that the shower has been leaking for three months, the sewer backed up into the laundry room because one of the kids flushed something unflushable, and they have an infestation of bedbugs. Oh, and by the way, they are moving out... 

It's taken me this long to get to where I could vent a little without completely exploding. My Nephews (their kids) are all somewhere along the Autism spectrum, and they are great kids. I'm just super pissed at their parents for trashing my house. 

So, I've now torn the place apart, and it's down to drywall and subfloor so I can get it back into livable shape... 
Next time, they can borrow a tent, cause this is bullE36 M3...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/12/20 8:58 p.m.

There is a website I want to find, that is basically the memoirs of a man who served in WWII as a bomber mechanic in Guam, and I cannot find it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/12/20 9:12 p.m.

2020 can suck my sweaty nutsack. berkeley it, I'm done.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/12/20 9:39 p.m.
classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
7/13/20 8:39 a.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:

I remember replacing the exhaust manifold on my 318ti, that was a smaller 4 cylinder, it was a PITA.

I need to do this job on mine, was considering just pulling the engine to do it, re-sealing etc at the same time - this post makes me feel like that might even be worth it..

Rant: New role at work is great, but it comes with an upgrade in responsibility/stress level, and starting this new role while working from home means there is absolutely no separation from my job. Constantly feeling the things I need to do, and I can't pop over to a coworker's desk to ask a 2 minute question, which is really how I feel like I learn/operate.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L84zx7RwCAjZD7S6bcP4NWuCzBbXSZ0bV3pUqXC3I6pjtIv5zwN9eIjzjMQD7J1Q