dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/24/22 12:19 p.m.

New Zealand and the Netherlands are both looking pretty good right about now. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/24/22 12:44 p.m.

Please take your political commentary somewhere else.  This is not the place.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/24/22 12:47 p.m.
dculberson said:

New Zealand and the Netherlands are both looking pretty good right about now. 

I need to finish getting my British passport sorted.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/24/22 12:56 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

Sounds like this guy has it made.

Ive worked with many people like this in the past. They are never in their office, never answer the phone, never returns emails. When you do make contact when them they seem to be in crisis mode because they are so "busy." 

::Shrug::

I have other developments I'm discussing in the Minor Win thread.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/24/22 1:38 p.m.

Talk To Me Goose no Twitter: "“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is  the war room!” Day 540 of #365daysofmovies quotes #drstrangelove  #orhowilearnedtostopworryingandlovethebomb #talktomegoose #moviequoteaday  #petersellers #georgecscott ...

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
6/24/22 2:58 p.m.

Going to keep these rants minor for my sanity and yours:

Rant one: Tried to clean the baked on, dried out bugs off of my windshield from my night time drive back from the coast. This is going to take several scrub/rinse cycles.

Rant two: Despite it being less hot and humid according to the weather forecast today, it's still hot enough and humid enough that scrubbing my window had me sweating buckets within a minute of starting.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
6/24/22 3:42 p.m.

My washer pump was exhibiting signs of low fluid level, so I did the sensible thing and checked for leaks along the hoses and filled the reservoir. 

My washer fluid pump has perished. And mounts into the bottom of the reservoir, the the passenger side of the engine bay is going to get soaked when the new pump arrives.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/24/22 7:03 p.m.

Just got a note from work saying as of right now they will be denying my request for a leave of absence.  Their reason, the doctor did not fill out if the surgery I just had was necessary or not.

I got hurt at work, gave myself a hernia, and just had it fixed.  Not only does one part of HR not know what the other part is doing with this workman's comp thing, but I had the surgery and I need time to heal.  It's not like this LOA is actually costing the company a ton of money.

So now I have to drive down to the dr's office, get him to make changes to the form, initial it, and fax is back to Vegas.  I really hate that we do not even have a single HR person in our building anymore.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
6/24/22 7:20 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I've occasionally checked on emigrating to New Zealand, it seems like one of the nicer places from what I've seen so far. The Dancer wants to retire to Santorini, but I'm far from convinced that would be wise- and we would (at least the last I checked) likely not be able to work whiel there so would need enough savings to live off of because of the laws on hiring non-citizens. Unfortunately for me, the NZ military doesn't use SAC helos so my direct knowledge wouldn't be useful but I've still got 20+ years of airframe & jet engine structural analysis experience so imagine I'd be able to find a job. The Dancer doesn't like that it's so close to Australia (where I'll likely never get her to go to because she's seen too many pictures of the wildlife there, especially of the 8-legged variety...), but it seems like it would be the best place for us as I've yet to see much of anything about their laws or government that I don't like and they speak English so there wouldn't be a language barrier problem. 

And it's berking far away from pretty much everything else in the world, which while it would be a pain for getting things shipped there would be a massive advantage on other fronts.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
6/24/22 7:21 p.m.

My ADD apparently has managed to put my 3d printer out of commission for the moment. I started one of the calibrations it needs periodically and got distracted, and when I came back to do it things had gone wonky and I can't figure out how to fix it... so now I wait and hope that someone on Reddit has the answer.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/24/22 9:26 p.m.

I've been doing some work for a good friend of the guy that's worked with us for 20 plus years. He got a life changing job with a guy that has money to burn and wanted to do a literal crap ton of work on his new vacation house. A very nice guy but incredibly green as a contractor, I was helping as much as I could. All of us were gonna go out and have some drinks for his birthday about a week ago but it got cancelled and we just planned on it soon.

He died in an ATV crash last night. I just saw him 2 days ago. He wasn't a super close friend or anything but the sheer randomness of his death has shook me a lot. 

Life is so short...

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/24/22 10:44 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Hehe! I would never consider New Zealand *close* to Australia. It's over a thousand miles! Of open ocean! That's a long way away. 

Both my wife and I have careers that New Zealand is actively looking for people to fill. We also have investments that would work to get us in. But being a 20 hour plane ride away from all our friends and family would be pretty rough. It's always a tradeoff. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
6/24/22 11:18 p.m.

This happened sometime during the night while it was parked in the driveway. Nothing more to needs to be said.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/25/22 12:58 a.m.

Damned insomnia.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 New Reader
6/25/22 8:14 a.m.

So apparently there's a tire shortage? Or the GT500 just has a weird combination of tire sizes. The only matching set I can get within a reasonable amount of time are pilot sport 4s, but those would run $1500 and give me worse grip than I have now. 

As much as I hate to do it I'm probably going to have to just replace the rear tires for now and just run a mismatched set until fronts are available. Frustrating. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/25/22 1:30 p.m.

Bought a cymbal off of Reverb and it arrived cracked. Seller says it isn't a crack at all from pics so I have to involve reverb now.

How can you look at this and not see a crack?

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
6/25/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

There is no way that isn't a crack...

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/25/22 3:10 p.m.

One kegerator crapped out yesterday or night before.

Our boiler crapped out, with some sort of fault and isn't making any steam.

Motor for our glycol recirculation pump caught fire today and is dead now.

We are *literally* putting out fires at work.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/25/22 3:27 p.m.
Antihero said:

How can you look at this and not see a crack?

Smoking crack?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
6/25/22 3:34 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Good thing the owner is there to help devil

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/25/22 4:41 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Antihero :

There is no way that isn't a crack...

Exactly!

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
6/25/22 5:11 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

If it's brass or bronze, you could probably braze it. Don't know what that would do for the tone; I'm not a cymbal maker.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/25/22 5:17 p.m.

Decidedly NOT having a good time at rallycross right now.

Depressing.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
6/25/22 5:35 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Antihero :

If it's brass or bronze, you could probably braze it. Don't know what that would do for the tone; I'm not a cymbal maker.

I could but I also paid for an uncracked cymbal too so I'd prefer that but you aren't wrong 

wae
wae PowerDork
6/25/22 6:44 p.m.

The dosage for the Kroger-brand NyQuil is 30ml.  The container is 358ml.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E0lKmEpc4vIwHx1lC924ZCrMA6bQPsEOc2I3sESJi8nOf2DLdmU2zkxh0tdpxsn1