Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/31/22 8:43 a.m.

I'd phone up the love guru canoe guy, but he didn't specifically target Saskatoon.

His loss, I guess.  

What a pointless exercise.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/31/22 10:05 a.m.
NickD said:

A fox has taken up residence in my area and every night in the 11pm-1am time period feels the need to make that godawful barking sound they make

I wish I had fox.  I have trashpandas that make an awful noise when fighting or mating (I am not sure which sounds worse)

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
7/31/22 11:26 a.m.

The car warranty scam has been replaced with the "someone has ordered $1000 worth of Apple gear on your Amazon account" scam. We've received about 30 calls from these people in the last week. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/31/22 12:06 p.m.

I get upwards of ten calls a day at my shop about my Google listing being out of date.

It's not.

I've actually punched 1 and yelled at some poor innocent a couple of times.  I generally just hang up, but enough is enough.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/31/22 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

If I don't hang up immediately, I like to play the game of seeing how long I can keep them on the line and how much I can confuse them. I figure that any time I tie them up for my own amusement is time they're not using to harass someone who might actually fall for their scam.

The one I seem to get lately is people asking if I'm interested in selling my house. Not sure what the angle is on that if it's actually a scam or just Chinese lowball investment flippers.

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
7/31/22 4:08 p.m.

For some unknown reason, my Amazon account got locked yesterday. I didn't even know that was a thing. The log-in page says it's locked and I'll receive an email. 24 hours later and still no email AND when you click on all the customer service links you have to LOG-IN to actually contact anyone. Of course I'm still getting Amazon SALES emails...

Fume.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/31/22 4:20 p.m.

1.  Fabricating an exhaust system from scratch is way harder than I thought it would be. 

2. All of my exhaust welds leak like a sieve. I pressure tested them. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/31/22 4:41 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

206-266-2992 used to be the customer service phone number, not sure if it still is. 

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
7/31/22 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Yep, tried it yesterday. No longer an active number.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
8/1/22 8:53 a.m.

My new sworn enemy is whoever told my kids that Alexa can play sea shanties. It sounds like a 1800s Boston public house stuck in a time loop in my living room. At least the songs are clean, my kids aren't ryming anything with "Nantucket" yet.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
8/1/22 9:03 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

In reply to Toyman! :

Yeah. The interface is also crap to list things is also a massive pain.

One of the things I listed was in a group so generally that has less idiots.

And it's horribly inconsistent- for some reason, "Garage Sale" or "Yard Sale" or anything of the likes does not show up as an option when I go to try and list the annual fundraiser yard sale we have for The Dancer's non-profit. Every search I do for how to list one there says, "Just choose the Garage/Yard/Tag sale category" but I don't have one to choose

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/1/22 11:15 a.m.

Kiddos daycare is shut down for the week due to a Covid outbreak. We've been testing consistently negative, which is good, but my wife has something that is making her super tired. Meanwhile, her dad is living with us, though thankfully he's easy, but it stresses my wife out. 

Due to that, I've taken kiddo 45 minutes away to be with my parents for the day and am working from here. Get here and realize that I have my wife's keys in my pocket. Damnit. And my keys for her van are missing, she borrowed them about a month ago and forgot where she put them. 

Oh, and we forgot to renew the registration on our cars on time, so we are going to have to pay an extra $40 for our stickers. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
8/1/22 12:03 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Chinese lowball investment flippers.

They're playing at the Canyon Club this Saturday...on standby for tickets; fingers crossed.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/1/22 12:53 p.m.
slefain said:

My new sworn enemy is whoever told my kids that Alexa can play sea shanties. It sounds like a 1800s Boston public house stuck in a time loop in my living room. At least the songs are clean, my kids aren't ryming anything with "Nantucket" yet.

The minor win thread is somewhere else.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
8/1/22 1:48 p.m.

The demise of Sears, Wards ect.

I need a new washing machine and I can't go somewhere and buy one and take it home.

It comes out of a warehouse somewhere, at sometime to be delivered eventually.

I JUST WANT TO BUY ONE AND TAKE IT HOME TODAY!

*sigh*

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/1/22 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Is 45 minutes too far to drive?

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
8/1/22 2:47 p.m.

Wife and daughter are now both sick with non-Covid snots.

Middle son is just now getting over Strep-B, which was preceded also by non-Covid snots two weeks ago. Which we think he got from his sister last month when she was sick previously.

Everyone has been tested with rapid and military-grade Covid tests multiple times, all clear. It's just weapons grade snots with no fever again and again.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/1/22 2:59 p.m.

Ordered 3M seam sealer.  Received same in 3M "Flex Pack" packaging.  I wonder if this metal tube will fit in a standard caulking gun?  I know who's going to find out! laugh

Edit:  Standard caulking gun works great!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/1/22 3:03 p.m.
Noddaz said:

The demise of Sears, Wards ect.

I need a new washing machine and I can't go somewhere and buy one and take it home.

It comes out of a warehouse somewhere, at sometime to be delivered eventually.

I JUST WANT TO BUY ONE AND TAKE IT HOME TODAY!

*sigh*

I feel your pain!

I drove across town and paid 1000 dollars for a crappy Kitchenaid dishwasher because they had it right there in stock in the store.

Other places are like "We can deliver it.  Maybe next week."  GTFO!

Pretty sure Costco still keeps items in stock at each store.  Limited selection, for sure, but they actually possess appliances.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/1/22 4:22 p.m.

Blew out a brake hose on the Focus. Normally  I wouldn't care, because I have a death wish, but I had Junior in the car which precluded plowing into whatever was handy.

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
8/1/22 6:13 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

We just dealt with this. Now our new washer and dryer message me when the load is done. I E36 M3 you not. I didn't even try to convince SWMBO that while I could fix the old washer and dryer, the new ones are well above my pay grade.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
8/1/22 9:56 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Maybe, if I had known about that.  I would even paid the bridge tolls gladly.

*sigh*  Washer comes Saturday in some 4 hour window to be determined.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
8/2/22 6:26 a.m.

MR2 cooked a fuel pump on the way home from work yesterday- 37 years is a pretty good run for an electric motor that lives in gasoline I guess.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
8/2/22 10:42 a.m.

Subaru made a fender liner that extends all the way to the front bumper. Tabs gave out (probably one too many cone strikes) and fell off. 

At first I thought I pulled a brake duct hose off and I was originally relieved that it didn't but now I'm wishing it did. The road (and part of my tire) ground off about 25% of plastic so I had to use a crapton of tape to get it to hold. So far so good, but it certainly isn't permanent. Replacement fender liner is $55, but because my brake duct hose bulges that area (which I think was the cause of the issue) I'm contemplating getting a chassis mount front splitter which covers the area fully and I won't have to worry about weak plastic tabs giving out again. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
8/2/22 12:38 p.m.

Thanks to a confusing order system and my general airheadedness/ADHD, I accidentally'd 2 of the 'new retro' LEGO Galaxy Explorer instead of just one. 

Now I have to decide... do I keep it to have to do alternate builds with or just for general fun space parts? Or try and sell it (likely just for what I paid for it- it's still available on LEGO's site so not considered 'hard-to-get' I would think despite people listing them for 50% over list price on eBay). Normally I'd add, 'save to give to my nephew for his birthday/Christmas,' but... yeah, we already have a pretty ridiculous pile of stuff for him, and if I were to give it to my 2nd cousins (I think that's what my cousins' kids are) I'd have to come up with something else of about the same value to give to the other cousins' kids.

Additionally... this makes like half a dozen sets I have sitting around waiting to be built. I have so much other stuff that is more important and should take priority... but... but... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IUECQa9HDzT8OTONTS6077rn8UkvoEV3IZsaMKoeRjBrXoxfjIIlDCxp7LZgftoj