Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/9/22 4:37 p.m.

In reply to hunter47 :

My reply : "Unsolicited advice is unsolicited."

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/10/22 7:46 a.m.

My wife has never met a flat, free, and open surface she can't clutter to the ceiling. I have a desk in the basement set up for working from home. I leave it cleared off so I can setup my work stuff. This morning it was cluttered to the moon with random crap. Zero effort to clean up. 

My house is a chronic pile of clutter. So tired of every surface in my house being cluttered. Guess who's fault it's not? 

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
8/10/22 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I just told the guy "I'll make sure to buy an STI tomorrow". 

To be clear it's not GRM. GRM is the only forum that I can tolerate. 

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
8/10/22 11:24 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

My wife has never met a flat, free, and open surface she can't clutter to the ceiling. I have a desk in the basement set up for working from home. I leave it cleared off so I can setup my work stuff. This morning it was cluttered to the moon with random crap. Zero effort to clean up. 

My house is a chronic pile of clutter. So tired of every surface in my house being cluttered. Guess who's fault it's not? 

My wife is the opposite, very orderly, almost OCD about it.   She has the house like a live-in tetris game with everything a perfect fit into this little space or that.  I travel a lot and when I leave, she will see the open shelf spot in the closet where my suitcase goes along with a few other things I travel with and will have them filled up before I can get back.  Then I have to ask where does this stuff go? (computer bag, suitcase, etc.)

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/10/22 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

I get both. My home is cluttered (it's both our faults..) but Jesus berkeley if I don't have a million bags tucked into other bags that we need to untuck from 50 other things and pack up before we can go anywhere. I almost hate going to the beach because it's a three hour process to load the car. I'm perfectly ok with flying halfway across the country with my wallet and phone and not much else- and she needs to organize and pack for a trip to berkeleyin mars when we grocery shop. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/10/22 5:12 p.m.

Breaker panel being "convertible to main lug" isn't much use if the conversion kit is not only not stocked here, but closing on unobtainium, and if you could find one would cost half as much as a main lug panel despite consisting of 2" of extrusion and two bolts.

(I have plenty of blame for myself for not looking into that before buying the panel; guess I assumed that was built in and would more or less consist of removing the main breaker)

Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
8/10/22 6:19 p.m.

Just got my Jeep back from inspection, and the new sticker is nowhere close to straight, to the point that its distracting.  How?  How can someone be so bad at placing a sticker.  And it's a really short dash, so it's not like you have to work to reach the windshield.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/10/22 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Puddy46 :

In his younger days, my BIL punched the windshield of his F100 hard enough to break it, for that very reason.

Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
8/10/22 11:14 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'm thankfully not *that* upset about it, but I kind of get it.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/11/22 7:00 a.m.

Indeed shows my application for the company i want as "employer reached out "

I cannot find any missed emails, calls, or texts. In any account or on any device. 

I messaged them via indeed about it, but it's super frustrating. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/11/22 9:10 a.m.

I have a flight in 4 hours, and am getting a lovely Delta error that I cannot check in online / they cannot validate my ticket. The only other examples of this online are from people who made alterations to their flight, or whose flight information was changed - neither of which happened to mine. I am in "line" for a callback, but that's just frustrating..

Edit: The callback came on time, but I have now been back on hold for 51 minutes while they try to understand what is happening. Feels like this flight isn't going to happen, no??

Double edit: 2 hours on hold for them to tell me that despite reserving a ticket with my vouchers, their system allowed me to make a reservation while still owing $72. I'm pissed that they let me "reserve" a ticket incomplete.. how is that possible? If I had shown up at the airport today, they would have had to call and go through the SAME process I did, which would have meant I missed my flight. Absolutely insane

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
8/11/22 8:01 p.m.

When did cherry bomb/glass pack mufflers become $70?

I haven't bought one in awhile, but a couple years ago I bought one for like...$20

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/11/22 8:12 p.m.

I got extremely upset with the toddler who just wanted to play with dad. I feel like such an shiny happy person . 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/12/22 10:30 a.m.
Antihero said:

I haven't bought one in awhile, but a couple years ago I bought one for like...$20

They were $50~$70 when I bought some around 2014 or so, fairly cheap stuff like Dynamax.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/12/22 10:41 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Antihero said:

They were $50~$70 when I bought some around 2014 or so, fairly cheap stuff like Dynamax.

I think I paid  $25-30 earlier this year at summit.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/12/22 10:44 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I got extremely upset with the toddler who just wanted to play with dad. I feel like such an shiny happy person . 

It happens to all parents from time to time. Don't worry about it too much. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/12/22 11:44 a.m.

I'm not sharing a rant exactly, I'm asking a question. How do people who are not perpetual aggrieved at a cardiologically-significant level go through life?

Like, do they just go, "yeah, of course I'm getting a $400 bill for a twenty minute telehealth call eighteen months ago, and of course they want me to sit on hold to talk about it; I'll just send that check. Of course my computer won't boot after an update - I'll just play some fun music while I fix it! Sure the cats are angry and want to have a fight on my clean towels. I'll just move the towels and give them their space."

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/12/22 12:00 p.m.
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm not sharing a rant exactly, I'm asking a question. How do people who are not perpetual aggrieved at a cardiologically-significant level go through life?

Like, do they just go, "yeah, of course I'm getting a $400 bill for a twenty minute telehealth call eighteen months ago, and of course they want me to sit on hold to talk about it; I'll just send that check. Of course my computer won't boot after an update - I'll just play some fun music while I fix it! Sure the cats are angry and want to have a fight on my clean towels. I'll just move the towels and give them their space."

For the most part it isn't about not having the same emotional reaction. It's about not holding onto that emotional reaction.

Have emotional reaction. Sigh. Set emotional reaction aside. Take steps to resolve problem. Move on.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/12/22 12:43 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

For the most part it isn't about not having the same emotional reaction. It's about not holding onto that emotional reaction.

Have emotional reaction. Sigh. Set emotional reaction aside. Take steps to resolve problem. Move on.

The situations that really should piss me off are easy. Son wrecks a car. No problem. I seldom raise my voice. I don't get wound up. I just deal with the situation and move on. Accidents happen, machines fail, bureaucrats are gonna bureaucrat. I can't change it so it's water under the bridge. Moving on...

It's the little E36 M3 that sends me through the roof. The inconsiderate things that people do from lack of thought or lack of care. Like CLOSE THE berkeleyING DOOR AND STOP LETTING THE AC OUT OF THE berkeleyING HOUSE!!! Or, PUT YOUR berkeleyING PHONE DOWN AND DRIVE THE SAME SPEED AS ALL THE berkeleyING TRAFFIC AROUND YOU!!! My blood pressure never goes up, but I will cuss a person out just so it doesn't. Being considerate of the people around you isn't hard, but you do have to turn on the brain.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/12/22 12:44 p.m.
dculberson said:
Appleseed said:

It happens to all parents from time to time. Don't worry about it too much. 

Yep.  It happens.

When you can make a little time in the near future, just say: "Hey, buddy, sorry I got upset earlier.  What do you want to play now?"

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/12/22 12:50 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

This. ^^^^^  Is it worth getting that uptight about some cat hair on your towels?

You can't hold on to everything or you'll blow a gasket.  In fact you can't even get upset about everything, even if you can move past it.

Not everything is worth the energy.  Minor annoyance is minor.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/12/22 12:51 p.m.

I'm not sure if rant or win, but- 

Been dizzy for almost a month now. Can't drive. Saw an ENT- saw my regular doc. End result - it's the crystals in your ears, do the thing. 

I'm glad it's nothing, but as many times as I've been to the doctor, I would expect more than some excercises on a berkeleyin photocopy sheet. 

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
8/12/22 1:21 p.m.

Planned obsolescence.   Jerks.

I have a vacuum at the house that I bought maybe 4 years ago.

The bags are NLA.

Now for the internet search where half the results will not be useful in any way.

BTW, why does full have 2 Ls and useful only have 1?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/12/22 1:31 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

The second l wasn't as....useful? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/12/22 1:34 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm not sure if rant or win, but- 

Been dizzy for almost a month now. Can't drive. Saw an ENT- saw my regular doc. End result - it's the crystals in your ears, do the thing. 

I'm glad it's nothing, but as many times as I've been to the doctor, I would expect more than some excercises on a berkeleyin photocopy sheet. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mJMBbvus2mSnIS10oy0OQFro7y06whwJoHfKWSxxXgUXD4yZoLotpJoqANhjWSEI