Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/22 10:07 p.m.
Duke said:

I never use the word 'gay' in the derogatory sense common among 12-year-olds.

But the theme song from Friends is the very textbook example of that usage.

That's ghey. There's a difference. The Friends theme is ghey. That entire show sucks huevos.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/22 10:12 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
JohnInKansas said:

Well, the challenge car *was* faster than little brother's heavily modified Mk4 R32, but current symptoms point to a newly minted hole in the block that I suspect has an errant con rod living in it.

We may have to tap out of this year's challenge. sad

What is with everything throwing rods right now? The Reconkid car, your challenge car, and two other people I work with....

Is that bad?!?!

...Yep.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/20/22 10:12 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I know what I said.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/22 10:16 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Lolzers.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
9/21/22 11:15 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

$9 at taco bell. For E36 M3ty food, small portions, and bad music. 

I think i may be done with this fast food chain as well. Add to McDonald's, arbys, burger king, and kfc. 

Think i should just stick to non chains from now on.....

If we're in a real hurry and it's late, I'll run out and get The Dancer McDonald's and myself Taco Bell- I typically just get whatever the $5 box is at the time and have them make any hard-shelled tacos with Doritos shells (and The Dancer usually has me get her a Supreme Dorito taco as well).

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
9/21/22 11:20 a.m.

Spent about an hour or so last night fixing the strings on the E46 convertible's 'batwings'. Go to fire it up to put the top all the way up or all the way down since it was at like half for doing the rear shocks & the strings- battery is too low to even get it to try the starter. OK- grab small jump pack, hook it up, and it fires right up. Go to put the top up- and it stops and won't latch down properly to the top of the windshield. Also won't apparently retract the latches enough for it to want to put the top down either, and trying to do it manually feels like it's not turning the mechanism. So now I get to manually put the top down, and hope that it will reset things and work properly.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/21/22 1:18 p.m.

Drag Week always seems to come up during my busiest week of work, so I can't blow off any time to either go to one of the tracks, or even spend more than a few minutes at lunch watching it.  And of course, today, the track was being cleaned from an oildown through my lunch break.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/21/22 1:28 p.m.

I'm really good at doing things. You call and something broke, you need a thing, you need someone to lift, pull, push? I'm there.

You need -anything else-, and I suck at it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/21/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I'm not even good at that.

Self loathing? I excel. I've got gallons of extra. Need any? It's free. Won't cost anything but your dignity and sense of worth.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/21/22 4:45 p.m.

What hair brained bureaucratic E36 M3stain thought "you know what will make addition easier? Make the kids subtract to get their addition answer".

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/21/22 5:08 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Duke said:

I never use the word 'gay' in the derogatory sense common among 12-year-olds.

But the theme song from Friends is the very textbook example of that usage.

That's ghey. There's a difference. The Friends theme is ghey. That entire show sucks huevos.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I agree

Puddy46
Puddy46 New Reader
9/21/22 5:17 p.m.

2 hours 45 minutes is entirely too long for a work phone call.  That's a new record, and my head is spinning.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/21/22 6:48 p.m.

Got off work early. 

To take the 6yo to emergency again. Has a habit of breaking his arm. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
9/21/22 7:31 p.m.
93EXCivic said:
mtn said:

Garbage disposal started leaking from the bottom. Needs to be replaced. Then the TV died. On top of us needing a new roof and the washer not draining and needing a new dishwasher too. Oh, and a new fridge. 

Homeownership. It is great. 

Having dropped a bunch on fixing my A/C today and trying to figure out how to find the rest of the money to finish this damn garage, I am feeling this so much.

Expensive tree trimming, poorly repaired previous work from old owners, and we still need to replace our stove with it's cracked glass top and our fridge that leaks water (not attached to a water line). Berk it

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/21/22 7:35 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Got off work early. 

To take the 6yo to emergency again. Has a habit of breaking his arm. 

Seriously?  You'd think if it hurt then he'd stop doing that frown

OTOH when I was about 10 or 11 I skinned my knees so often that I almost wore through the skin.  So many of my socks got bloodstained that I stopped wearing socks.  (Kid logic)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/21/22 7:36 p.m.

So, wifes van had a suspension failure friday. Knew it was strut related, so i ordered a pair of quick struts. 

Finally got to tear into it tonight. Sheared the threaded portion of the drivers side strut off completely, mangled the fender liner with strut rod and spriing, and wrecked the inner cv on the axle. 

Ive never seen such E36 M3. All stemming from some no name strut that was swapped in on the drivers side. Van only has 65k. What the berkeleynuggets batman? 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/21/22 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Yikes.  And I thought I was cheaping out going with Monroes on my 5.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/21/22 7:55 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yup. First time was falling off the monkey bars. First day of kindergarten. This one was.... wait for it.... falling off the monkey bars. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/21/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I broke both feet, an ankle and several fingers falling off a bike from about age 8 to 13.  Yes it hurt, no I didn't care 

wae
wae PowerDork
9/22/22 5:06 p.m.

I appear to have gotten a little poison ivy during the "day in the community" last Friday.  Weirdly, it didn't appear until yesterday.  Not scratching is taking up about all of my willpower.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/22/22 8:19 p.m.

Holy hell. How hard is it to find POR15 on a shelf? It's not like this is some dandy new product, it been around for years. No way am I burning a weekend waiting for E36 M3 to come in the mail.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/22/22 8:44 p.m.
wae said:

I appear to have gotten a little poison ivy during the "day in the community" last Friday.  Weirdly, it didn't appear until yesterday.  Not scratching is taking up about all of my willpower.

A couple weeks ago I did a fuel tank in a vehicle after some sort of small woodland creature chewed through part of it.

For about five days, I would break out in a rash on my arms and belly, where I had been exposed to the nesting stuff, at around 7pm.  It did not matter if I was at work, at home, or in my garage, raised hives would erupt and it would take all of my willpower to not scratch them.  They would be gone by morning.

In short, I have no berking clue.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
9/22/22 8:56 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

$9 at taco bell. For E36 M3ty food, small portions, and bad music. 

I think i may be done with this fast food chain as well. Add to McDonald's, arbys, burger king, and kfc. 

Think i should just stick to non chains from now on.....

I haven't willingly eaten at Taco Hell for like ....2 decades. I have no idea why it's popular, it's terrible to eat, terrible for your stomach and terrible for your soul.

On prices I feel you. Me and the wife went to Burger King and each got a whopper meal. $23.....wtf

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
9/22/22 8:59 p.m.

I need a 21mm 1/2" drive crow foot wrench . I couldn't find one anywhere nearby. I finally ordered one from Amazon on Saturday. On Monday I got a notice that it was running late so I decided to order another just in case. The first one still hasn't shown up and now the second one is running late too. I hope that one of them shows up by Sunday. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/23/22 7:29 a.m.

Whelp, we entered our 4yo in a summer reading program and they still give out certificates for a pizza hut personal pan pizza. As someone who grew up in the 90s I have nostalgia for this.

Redeemed the certificate at a local pizza hut the other week. Take it home and 4yo chows down. Halfway through, he's puking it up. Full purge. This kid had only vomited 2x in his life. (Once when sick and once when daddy shouldn't have listened to requests for faster faster on the carasel at the park. bottle spit up isn't vomit)

Pizza went from his absolute favorite to a refuse to eat. It's been a few weeks and he won't go near any pizza. 

So yeah, berk you pizza hut.  Never again. Last one I had eaten at years ago and hundreds of miles away for this one I had gotten food poisoning from too. NEVER AGAIN 

I'm pissed that they ruined pizza for him. It's just wrong.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dooQSRP18EDrT0xm0H9nuRQUxrsxISdypKABLtRJ9nsjW4HNMVro8QlhunuEg5MS