AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/14/23 10:43 a.m.
Duke said:
Peabody said:

In reply to Duke :

Honestly, I'd rather watch an award show than a singing/dancing show.

I actively want to avoid watching either of them, but at gunpoint, I'd choose people doing stuff over people getting congratulated for doing stuff.

People who play make believe, being congratulated by people who play make believe, for how believable their make believe is.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/23 10:49 a.m.

I treat the Oscar's like I treat most sporting events.  I'll watch the highlights. 15 minutes for an 8 hour mess is all I'm willing to put forth.

The fact that the Academy recognizes sound and costume and special effects and editing, but not stunt men and women, well...berk those awards.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/14/23 1:11 p.m.

Sitting here in the local hospital for a day and a half having all kinds of tests, imaging and a stress test for some arm numbness, shortness of breath and heart beating like crazy in my head after just walking up a flight of steps. NOT FUN! Waiting on results of stress test.........

3/14/23 1:15 p.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Sitting here in the local hospital for a day and a half having all kinds of tests, imaging and a stress test for some arm numbness, shortness of breath and heart beating like crazy in my head after just walking up a flight of steps. NOT FUN! Waiting on results of stress test.........

dang, i hope they identify the cause and can recommend a path to resolve.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/14/23 2:07 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

dang, i hope they identify the cause and can recommend a path to resolve.

Wow, I hope everything works out for you, lotus!  Please keep us posted as you are able.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
3/14/23 3:45 p.m.

I always seem to forget how difficult it is to bury a pet. 
Heading home for lunch, wife calls in a panic. Kids left door open, dog had gotten out, and she was searching. Found her while I was on the phone Hit and run. I pull up and the apartment maintenance had covered her up. Drove her up to my parents place. That's where we got her, where she'd spent most of her life. Buried her close to the other rescue that came home at the same time. Under a nice tree. In 22 years here we've had to dig 6 dog graves. I berkeleying hate it. 
Now I get to drive home again and try to convince the kids that it isn't their fault. I tried before I left but they're still really upset. Wife worst of all. 
Kitty was older. We don't know exactly, but guess around 12. A superb fetcher. She always chose the softest spots to sleep. 

The world keeps turning. The rain is appropriate. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/14/23 3:48 p.m.

Oooof. I'm sorry, barefoot.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
3/14/23 4:02 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Having recently been through a similar loss, that really sucks- I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
3/14/23 5:19 p.m.

My condolences. I've dug several over the years. None of them are easy but some are harder than others. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
3/14/23 5:46 p.m.

E36 M3.  That sucks.  I've been on the receiving end and the other end of the hit a pet situation.  It feels almost as bad both ways because you know you took a family member away from someone.

Rest in peace cute doggo!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
3/14/23 6:19 p.m.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I just buried my 20 year old cat on Sunday. I cry several times a day over her.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
3/14/23 10:47 p.m.

I was reading this

And I noticed the milage that this cool looking Datsun B210 was able to produce! So reading this made me look into it.

So all these years later an being told  forever that gas milage has improved and that we are going to run out of gas. Looks to me like nothing has been done to improve mileage?!!  :0(  or has emission been improved since then?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/14/23 11:37 p.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

My buddy's '73 Chevrolet K10 got 10mpg - he threw in a 400cid engine with bigger tires and a lift and got 8-10 mpg.  

Today's Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with a 6.2 which is close to the 400cid comes in at 379cid gets about 12.5mpg.  Almost 50 years later?

3/15/23 12:02 a.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Relative to the 1979 B210, the 5 cars on that list make more power and less emissions, moving more weight, more comfortably and quietly, while having better steering brakes suspension stereo crash protection etc. Also, current mpg ratings come from a more real-world drive cycle than the one used back in the day.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/15/23 12:42 a.m.

I do not feel so bad with my Disco's 13 to 15 mpg anymore.

barefootcyborg5000
3/15/23 2:14 a.m.

Yeah I read a comparison a while back about a 30 year old Corolla vs new. Very similar mpg, but the new car made way more power, was orders of magnitude safer, and had way more equipment, all for about the same (adjusted) price. The new car is something like 30-40% heavier, too. So take the economy and acceleration numbers into perspective in context. 

Still, give me a 90s Honda 8 days a week. Or any 4cyl ford. Serious mental problems out here, and totally unashamed. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/15/23 3:53 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Bit jealous, just filled Canyonero and mathed it out to 8.0 even on a half tank. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/15/23 7:03 a.m.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. My thoughts to your family.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
3/15/23 2:20 p.m.

Yay, the only way to shut the water to the bathroom off is to shut it off to the whole upstairs. The maze of copper I've discovered explains why it takes over a minute to get hot water at the kitchen sink. This project just keeps getting bigger.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/15/23 2:27 p.m.

Nothing worse than losing a dog. Except losing a dog before her time.

I'm sorry.

3/15/23 3:05 p.m.

dude on Marketplace in BFE pennsyltucky selling a set of rims, asking $400, no shipping.  i offered $300.  offer rejected, no counter.  is a 75% offer out of line as a starting point?

barefootcyborg5000
3/15/23 3:13 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

He probably knows what he has. 

3/15/23 3:21 p.m.

berkeley.  i didn't even consider that.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/15/23 3:31 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Were they posted at a fair price?

To be honest, I probably wouldn't reply to a 75% offer, but I post things for sale at fair prices.  I usually figure a lowball offer = non-serious buyer so I wouldn't waste my time.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/15/23 4:04 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

is a 75% offer out of line as a starting point?

No, it's about right.

If I'm asking $400 for rims I'm likely prepared to take $350. So $300 is really the perfect starting point

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VbnFOaE6gxM0XZVc3EacxlmHRQUnmaqOU0kt79SVpx9Pn6oeHUp5EFiDo7D2qAaY