mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/9/24 1:08 a.m.

Who the hell blows off fireworks at 12:07AM? I hope they get explosive diarrhea in a traffic jam. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/9/24 4:57 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Knock on their door at 6:30 am and ask them.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/9/24 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

If I knew who it was, I would. 

I've been ignoring the front lawn for a couple of weeks. I was out of town all last week and didn't feel like mowing before I left.

I got everything out to start mowing and heard rolling thunder. Yep, it's going to storm.

Of course it didn't do that until I was ready to mow...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/9/24 10:57 p.m.

You'd think that if you were diagnosed with MS in the 90s, and it had advanced from relapsing/remittance to primary progressive in the 00's, that at some point in the 10's or early 20's you'd move to a home with a first story bathroom and bedroom. 

But nope. Let's just ignore it. That's totally fair and appropriate to your kids. 

No Time
No Time UberDork
6/10/24 7:51 a.m.

While under my Jeep I noticed the lower ball joint boots are cracking and split almost all the way through on both sides. If I keep it, I expect the lower joints will be infiltrated by salt, sand, and slick over the winter.

These were Moog complete control arm assemblies installed less than a year ago! 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
6/10/24 10:30 a.m.

Reading LinkedIn posts from execs at companies that just gutted entire swaths of their workforce is just insane.

"Today on my way to my massive corner office I actually spoke to a person who didn't know they shouldn't be in the elevator with me. After asking what they did (and noting it for future layoffs) I was proud that they were so enthusiastic about helping us reach our yearly completely unrealistic sales goals (and my third beach house). I'm so proud of our employees and they make our company so great (the ones who are left at least). We have the best employees!"

Followed by a string of yes-men replies from lower C-suite (and hopeful C-suite) employees. Just once I'd like to see one of the recently laid off employee reply back "go berkeley yourself Bill".

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
6/10/24 11:45 a.m.

Pinched my fingertip in between concrete slabs, lost my balance and fell on the slab with my finger under it.

Removed photo:  It's swollen and purple.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
6/10/24 12:49 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

If it makes you feel any better, this was found under my Jeep over the weekend.  Body mount got bit by the tin worm.  Yay more fixes...

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
6/10/24 12:58 p.m.

In reply to Puddy46 :

Boo. That sucks. 

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
6/10/24 2:34 p.m.

My admin is on vacation this week. 

We aren't through Monday yet and already the damn phone is about to piss me off. I'll be lucky to get anything done for having to stop and answer the berkeleying thing. 

This is going to be a long week. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/10/24 3:20 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Removed photo:  It's swollen and purple.

Yeah, but what about your finger?

(Sorry, couldn't resist cheeky)

No Time
No Time UberDork
6/10/24 4:37 p.m.

In reply to Puddy46 :

It doesn't make me feel better, but makes me feel bad for you. 

I'll take replacing parts over rust repair any day of the week. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/10/24 4:40 p.m.

Did you think I wasn't going to notice the 15% increase on my bill?

When I complained and you offered me less than a tenth of my current data at a dollar per month less than I was paying before the increase, I wonder who was more insulted, me, or you when I asked if you were mentally retarded.

Fortunately I no longer need anywhere near the amount of data I did when I was working, and there's no shortage of lower priced plans with your competitors.

I never liked you or your stupid English accent anyway.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
6/10/24 5:36 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Yeah, it definitely put a damper on the weekend, since the plan was to go do some light trail rides with it.  And the other 5 body mounts look just fine.  The lesson in all this is don't buy a vehicle from Ohio.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/10/24 7:23 p.m.

I just went with my Son to test drive a car. He's been waiting for this thing to be ready for two weeks, and finally got the call Friday. We arrive, drive the car and realize it has a violent shake starting at 80km/h that gets significantly worse very quickly with speed. We return the car, the salesman asks how it went and I very nicely call him on it. We drove 40 minutes to drive this car and didn't. He half heartedly apologizes. Son asks about OTD pricing and right away he goes into his pitch. I just listen, it's not my deal, and in short order he has the price of that $22k car up to $33k with BS, add ons, extra insurance, and warranties. When I tell him I'm only there because my Son got boned (not nearly that) hard the last time he dealt with them he makes the mistake of trying to sell me. When I call him on his BS, he BS's more, and I start laughing. He then gets his back up, says I'm calling him a liar and says if we don't like it, we should probably be dealing with someone else. When I agree and get up to leave, he suddenly wants to start talking business again.

If you're going to try and take advantage of people, you really have no business being upset when you're called on it.

It's days like today that I miss the times when you could just punch somebody in the face.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/10/24 7:58 p.m.
Puddy46 said:

In reply to No Time :

Yeah, it definitely put a damper on the weekend, since the plan was to go do some light trail rides with it.  And the other 5 body mounts look just fine.  The lesson in all this is don't buy a vehicle from Ohio.

Sell it as is in Ohio, buy a better one somewhere else, use the profits to go on a nice trail vacation.

One of the silliest comments I saw on here was someone worried that they might buy a used car in Georgia that might have been from Ohio.  Car values are so much higher here that I wouldn't doubt if wholesale price up here is higher than retail down there.

ESPECIALLY Jeeps!  People pay crazy money for Wranglers that literally have nothing left on the frame to hold in the transmission, and see-through front fenders.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/10/24 10:46 p.m.

I had a discussion prompt in mind that I really wanted to hear opinions about, and while I was trying to decide whether to post it here or on FB, I totally forgot what it was.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/11/24 5:15 a.m.

berkeley you brain.

Go.

The.

berkeley.

To.

Sleep.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/11/24 10:23 a.m.

It was 58-degrees and windy at my daughters' softball game last night.  It was 49 degrees when I woke up this morning.  Seemingly very unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather sweat than freeze. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/11/24 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Totally on your side, man.  Shivering sucks.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
6/11/24 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

hard disagree. I can always put on more layers if i'm cold. But I can only take off so much clothing before someone is calling the cops...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/11/24 10:34 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

It was 58-degrees and windy at my daughters' softball game last night.  It was 49 degrees when I woke up this morning.  Seemingly very unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather sweat than freeze. 

It was 92 with 90% humidity here yesterday. My balls were boiling in their own sweat 

Give my fat ass cold any day.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/11/24 10:34 a.m.

Was quite enjoying last evening's temps,  it was perfect

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
6/11/24 10:47 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I'll trade you. 58 sounds glorious. 

My back porch was 100 degrees Sunday afternoon with a humidity level somewhere around 90%. Luckily we had a hail storm last night that brought the temps back down to almost comfortable. 

Our daytime temps will probably stay over 90 for the next 2.5 months with quite a few weeks it will hover around 100+.

I've been ready for winter to return since last month. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WoNbdRuWg4EkuEwzJ0KR6p6jh9bk0NqlQ6hqeAup5mWLamK7Gy890s50bT9cA0sC