RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/7/18 8:30 a.m.

What do you mean I can't pull my child out of head start? She's been in your care 13 hours this week, her behavior and attitude have gone to complete E36 M3, she got berkeleying lice again, and now your concerned because of the weapons grade lice shampoo we had to use because no one can bother cleaning their kids hair before sending them in to school left some red marks on her skin? It took us a berkeleying MONTH to get her cleaned when she picked it up at SeaBase in the spring and now I get to deal with that again thanks to you. No, clearly you are not capable of handling things, I want her out.

Edit: oh its even better. It wasn't a reaction to the medication, it's whatever bullE36 M3 YOU fed her for breakfast. Considering we had a full allergy panel run and she eats what I eat, which is pretty much everything, you're REALLY dropping the berkeleying ball and making me wonder why I let you watch over my child at all. 

Tell me again why I can't pull her out of your stupid broken program?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/7/18 4:19 p.m.

Went to the doctor this morning for continued coughing and shortness of breath.  They did xrays. Not pneumonia. Rib healing.  But they found a spot on my right lung that the doctor said is PROBABLY not cancerous, but is highly irregular. So they want me to do a ct scan with dye. Soonest I can get an appointment is the 25th. 

So i get to wait two weeks, minimum, worried about having lung cancer. 

That is a mindberkeley.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/7/18 4:23 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Good thing you broke your rib so they had the opportunity to find out what it is. Here's hoping it's a misplaced valve cap you inhaled accidentally and not the big C.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/7/18 4:26 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Im hoping for tuberculosis again. Was expose a bunch of years ago.

Or asbestos. 

Or a bit of calcified cocaine from back in the day.

ANYTHING but cancer.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/7/18 4:34 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Yeah man good luck and prayers and all. Waiting on tests is E36 M3ty any time

Related rant: we find out next week if the baby has to have some blood transfusion in-utero. Didn't even know that was a thing. Either way they said today that they won't let her go past 38 weeks so possibly other problems... Guess who doesn't have insurance.

Unrelated: My shoulder is just getting worse. Is this what getting older feels like?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/7/18 4:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

calcified cocaine

I didn't even know that was a thing. 

Hang in there man. I know it's impossible not to worry, but hopefully soon "probably not" will be confirmed as "definitely not".

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/7/18 4:38 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Im not sure it is a thing, but ill berkeleying take it over cancer!

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/7/18 6:28 p.m.

When is the rat rod fad going to end?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/7/18 8:15 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I dunno man.  Caught early they can just chop it out and you move on with a bit less capacity.  It’s when that E36 M3 isn’t caught early you have issues.  Still hope it’s the valve cap ECM mentioned.

Heck, if I caught a lung cancer diagnosis right now i’d be looking at a 100% disability check for the rest of however long I had left.

Obligatory rant: we’re forecast massive rain and thunderstorms all weekend.....and the other folks who have a say in our local autocross group want to have a fun event Sunday.  Just give it a rest people!  Nobody enjoys dodging cones in the rain.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/7/18 10:04 p.m.
barefootskater said:

When is the rat rod fad going to end?

It's not. Its just too easy to build a pile of crap and call it art/style with Rat Rods.

People would walk by my 28 roadster, and my shoebox with a full y block manual swap, both full on period builds to look at something that someone had a knife attached to the steering wheel and a suicide front end with F150 shocks welded on with booger looking welds.

Sorry they need to die in a fire, especially if they are unsafe. Trailer you pile of crap all you want but for the love of everyone else keep it off the road.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/8/18 8:21 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Obligatory rant: we’re forecast massive rain and thunderstorms all weekend.....and the other folks who have a say in our local autocross group want to have a fun event Sunday.  Just give it a rest people!  Nobody enjoys dodging cones in the rain.

Run The Nationals course! 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/18 9:49 a.m.

It's raining, it's gonna get worse, I need to put the trans back in my car in a garage that is only technically enclosed because the nose is right up to the rollup door, and all of my wet weather gear is 2 hours away.

This gonna suck.

wae
wae SuperDork
9/8/18 10:09 a.m.

Piling on with the rain rant.  Parish festival is this weekend.  Last night was pretty light due to the rain and it's supposed to rain all day and all night today and tomorrow.  I made 10,251 doughnuts last year but this year is going to be way below that number.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/8/18 10:22 a.m.

The rain always comes on my days off.  Well not as much as it used to but it still does.  laugh  Gonna drive out to HF to buy me an XT Earthquake.  Need to get some other stuff for the upcoming first ever solo clutch change.  Some pry bars and yes a transmission jack.  I remember years ago having to help my dad put transmissions back in.  Pain in the balls.  And I have no helpers.  All the men folk are drinking bottomless mimosas on the weekends around here.  I guess I should get the socket extension set as well as the socket set because the SVT ain't gonna restore itself.  Just looked at my cart and it seems they have a 20% off coupon.  That'll help.  Not on 'Earthquake' it seems but I think there's still a $20 off coupon.  Now to just get my ass moving.  smiley

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/8/18 10:23 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/8/18 11:22 a.m.

Finally got MRI confirmation that my foot is fully healed, put one of my bikes back together and it's going too rain all weekend. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/18 12:08 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/8/18 12:36 p.m.

It's raining today.  This would have been our 4th rainy autocross date out of 5 events so far this year... except I already had to cancel it because our T+S laptop got destroyed by rain at the previous event.

I know I shouldn't really complain, considering what just went on in Lincoln.  But we're a local club and our entire net worth is probably less than the spot-a-pot budget at the Nats.  Our program can't afford this E36 M3.  We need good events with good turnout.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/8/18 1:39 p.m.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/8/18 2:25 p.m.

Well that was slightly annoying. Laurel didn't have the XT so I decided to drive to Glen Burnie and they don't accept any virtual card above $100 so I had to put it on a credit card that I didn't want to. Who the berkeley doesn't accept Google pay? The Laurel location accepted one but apparently they weren't supposed to. The irony is that the Glen Burnie location was a million times nicer.indecision

Oh well I've got everything. Pit stop in Mickey D's then a forty mile drive home.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/18 5:36 p.m.

I can't find the title for my 4Runner or Murdercycle. 

Where.

The.

Berk.

Did. 

I. 

Put.

Them?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/8/18 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

ooh. Missing title.  that brings out the heebeejeebees in some board members. laugh

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/8/18 6:27 p.m.

xt seems charged up do I risk taking it straight to the garage tomorrow?

I am however in a violent mood with my Direct tv now at the moment.  Game has started and it wont recognize my sign in.  I know i only use during the fall for real football i.e. College Football but sitting dormant shouldn't shut me out when they've been able to take my payment all year. angry

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/8/18 7:06 p.m.

The amount of hype being brandied about by the news, government, and people about a hurricane that is a week from landfall is disgusting. It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with politicians getting their face on the screen, ratings for the news stations, and hysterical Facebook posts for the rest of them. 

News flash people. There isn't a soul on this planet that knows where this storm is headed. Running around yelling the sky is falling does no one any good. 

Here is another news flash. If you live on the coast in hurricane country, you should be prepared for a hurricane from May to December and any kind of winter weather from December to May. You know what that means? You should always be ready for a storm. Then these aren't emergencies, just an event you are already prepared for.  

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
9/8/18 7:13 p.m.

It's always funny when these news morons get all bundled up and talk about how deadly a given storm is, but in the background is a guy fishing, someone walking their dog, or kids playing on wakeboards. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oe8mykxRwYyObIii9gulydRXzoFHJZHjyipd8eYcceavfwygmSzGBPtteb255HwD