9/11/19 7:09 p.m.

In reply to Subscriber-unavailabile :

Wears like iron but grips like iron!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/11/19 8:05 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Cotton :

I'd rather the backhoe than the finish mower, but I really like. Kinda jealous.

Bonus win though, today was ham day. I'm getting a lot better at brining, just sucks it takes a month to find out how the changes worked. 

I’d love to have the backhoe,  but damn they’re expensive.  I think the one that fits my tractor is something like 7k.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/13/19 5:18 p.m.

There have been comments that many of us are not embracing technology as fully as we could.  Thanks to the popularity of iPhones in the company I’ve tried to correct my behavior by embracing the most futuristic communication method possible.  Everyone’s been getting FaceTimed.  We’ve jumped way into the future today.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/13/19 5:50 p.m.

I have been neutered. The win? My wife plans to wait on me hand and foot all weekend! And, i have the challenge car all but finished. 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
9/14/19 8:39 p.m.

Walked down my street today to check out some garage sales, walked back with an autometer 5" tach with shift light for $10. If i had any use for SBC parts i would have had a lot more to carry.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/14/19 8:49 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Only weenies have 5" Autometer tachs with shift lights

(edit for the uninformed: I've had one of those for a long time, it lights up the inside of the car)

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
9/14/19 8:50 p.m.
Cotton said:
RevRico said:

In reply to Cotton :

I'd rather the backhoe than the finish mower, but I really like. Kinda jealous.

Bonus win though, today was ham day. I'm getting a lot better at brining, just sucks it takes a month to find out how the changes worked. 

I’d love to have the backhoe,  but damn they’re expensive.  I think the one that fits my tractor is something like 7k.

They are so expensive because of the hydraulics and frame bracing. The 3 point units will mess a tractor up due to excessive stress.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
9/14/19 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
9/14/19 11:14 p.m.

Been married about 5 years now. Me and wife have only spent 2 nights away from each other not including tonight. I know weird. Anyways I’ve been looking forward to this night and it’s awesome!!

Blaring my music of choice!

spoiling the dog which she hates

Drinking beer putting together her birthday gift 

And end result 

Kids now have perfect homework/snack bar 

and now to drink more beer!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/19 9:17 a.m.

We had great turnout at yesterday’s AX, despite being the week after Nats. The event went off pretty smoothly, everybody got 6 competition runs and the 30 or so who wanted to got 2 fun runs. 

The only downside is I drove like ass during the competition runs and then found almost 2 seconds on my last fun run. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/15/19 4:59 p.m.

Selling on eBay can sometimes be like trying to hit a moving target.  I started out selling some spare parts from my Challenger nearly 2 decades ago, then sold Dana 44 rear ends out of Jeep Cherokees about a decade ago.

Well, I don't have many desirable Challenger parts left, and shipping makes selling entire rear ends a difficult proposition, even if my back was able to deal with that sort of thing anymore.

So, for me eBay is all about finding your niche, and continually expanding and learning more.  Smaller is better, and if you are selling oversize packages the profit had better be worth the trouble.

Well, I think I may have found something that I can do pretty well with.   Not saying what they are, but I can get them for free (legally) and mail them in an envelope, if I wanted.

Both of these listings sold within hours.   And check the amount of views.   I think I found a new niche.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/15/19 6:22 p.m.

Todays’ autocross.  I was fastest fendered car (I got beat by an A Mod by 2 tenths).

Our site is small and crowned so everything is off camber.  

https://youtu.be/wk6lc7WJ-yg

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
9/16/19 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Sounds too good to be true, looks pretty legit. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/16/19 11:39 a.m.

Hint: They are something I have never had a junkyard charge me for.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
9/16/19 1:18 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Todays’ autocross.  I was fastest fendered car (I got beat by an A Mod by 2 tenths).

Our site is small and crowned so everything is off camber.  

https://youtu.be/wk6lc7WJ-yg

Is that the dumptruck training pad? I've not raced there in years, but I always liked that surface.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/16/19 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Powar :

Yup, it's a fine site but a bit small to give us many options on course design.  Autocross sites are hard to find and it's only gonna get as construction regulations prevent giant slabs of asphalt in the hunt for greenspace and water runoff issues.

wae
wae SuperDork
9/16/19 3:16 p.m.

Today, my ride was an alternative fuel Toyota with amazing handling:

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/16/19 3:31 p.m.

The doctor that did my vasectomy gave me the tough motherberkeleyer of the month award today. Apparently only one in about fifty of his patients don't take any prescription pain killers after their surgery. I have only taken a couple of Aleve. He was impressed.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/16/19 5:53 p.m.

I bought a house that's 31 years old.

It had the original 31 year old carpet.

It now has 10 minute old carpet.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/16/19 6:53 p.m.

In reply to wae :

It looks quite grounded to the ground.

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
9/16/19 11:39 p.m.

Found a winter rig for the wife. 97 explorer we got cheap and has a whole 107k Miles on it. I bought my 00 explorer with almost the same drivetrain ( mine has the 5spd auto instead of the 4 spd) with 120k 15 years ago and I'm still driving it.

And as a plus side it'll tow both the rampage and the Caprice and it has a tow package already. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/17/19 12:12 a.m.

Cooter... that seems awesome. Is it all makes and models, or is it just specific ones that are worth anything? 

Also... is it hinges from glove boxes? Trying to think of something small and seemingly worthless. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/17/19 10:38 a.m.

Most everything that sells well on eBay is vehicle specific.   There are plenty of niches out there waiting to be found.  These aren't the easiest to find, and I have a procedure to remove them that, while time consuming, allows me to remove them without breakage.  

Please understand that I have no interest in ruining one of my steady sources of income while injured and off work by saying what it is on an internet forum for all the world to see.  I would rather post my my first car, high school mascot, mother's maiden name, and the last 4 digits of my SSN.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/18/19 11:04 a.m.

A few months back, I bought a Leatherman on eBay. It was obviously mis-marked - the title and description were for a more expensive model, but the pictures were clear as to what it was (although they were craigslist quality pictures). I threw an offer for $25 on it and to my surprise, they accepted. When it arrived, I found that they didn't even include the original leather sheath in the pictures or in the description, but it did indeed come with one!

Well, I just sold the sheath that it came in on eBay for $28 after shipping costs, and the auction for the tool itself is up to $17.50 with 4 days left. WOOOO! 

Always amazed at how much a bad ad can hurt the sale price. Literally had this person titled the ad with what was engraved on the tool - 2 words, and taken 6 pictures, they'd have sold it for more than double what they got. Not as good as Cooters get-it-for-free and sell it for $90 widgets, but still awesome. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/18/19 11:30 a.m.

Mazdaface did great on the highway with a kayak on the roof. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R0TIw84v0h6kvIvNO1iZDPTWNRgRwCw88rC3qNpVy9nNFepuMvNBHw2YET2Vodhk