barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/18/19 10:58 p.m.

Watched the Princess Bride with the mrs tonight. Kids in bed. Small simple things sometimes can fix a crap day and everything seems just a bit better. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
9/19/19 12:35 a.m.

Another cheap low mile Explorer came my way

98 v8 AWD with 123k miles on it and every electronic doodad you can imagine. $600 was the asking price.

Bought it and gave it to my dad who needed a car. It felt good to help him

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/19/19 8:21 a.m.

I have been watching the effects of the CBD chews on Sockets, the eyeless Collie.  It seems to help with her pain, but she bumps into more stuff, and is off balance a lot, which saddens me.  Spotting and identifying symptoms in a dog that can't see is doubly difficult.

Well, after some experimentation with her dosages, I think I may have found a combination that helps her the most while giving her the least side effects.    She is still "happy to be a dog", which is the basis of how I try to be her caretaker.   

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
9/20/19 3:27 p.m.
Cooter said:

I have been watching the effects of the CBD chews on Sockets, the eyeless Collie.  It seems to help with her pain, but she bumps into more stuff, and is off balance a lot, which saddens me.  Spotting and identifying symptoms in a dog that can't see is doubly difficult.

Well, after some experimentation with her dosages, I think I may have found a combination that helps her the most while giving her the least side effects.    She is still "happy to be a dog", which is the basis of how I try to be her caretaker.   

I gave my dog CBD calming treats and noticed much the same thing. He stumbled a lot with them, but he was very calm

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/21/19 7:21 p.m.

Someone on here suggested the 3m headlight restoration kit on a random thread and I picked up two kits and did the headlights on mazdaface and the wife's Scion. Came out AMAZING. So kudos to you, random forum member 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/21/19 9:37 p.m.

Freaking LOVE my Fit. Like a happy little six speed puppy. It’s not fast (neither am I) but it’s a ton of fun. 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
9/21/19 9:55 p.m.

My not-quite-3 year old actually helped me turn a wrench today, to replace the radiator on our Fit. Gotta start them early. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/24/19 7:07 p.m.

Found out by the curb for trash pickup down the street. Both are Kennedy boxes, and have tools in them. 

They were freaking HEAVY.  My nuts hurt now. But, its a free treasure hunt!

Its time to purge some tools to craigslist....

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/24/19 7:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Dude, srsly, every time you comment makes me remember back when I had the Incident and my "boys" were the approximate size, shape, and color of eggplants, and for two weeks or so all I could really do was kick back and maybe whine gently, because whining any harder was too painful.  Was prescribed oxy-somethingorother and all that did was make me throw up, which is extra loads of fun when you're 12 hours out of surgery, so I didn't bother with them.

Of course the dipE36 M3 doc said I could go to work in three days, and I proceeded to rip a bunch of stitches out within three hours on my first day back at work.  Internal stitches.  I didn't bother going back to the hospital.

Dusterbd13-michael
9/24/19 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Im gonna have to say that me not being that bad off is another minor win for today! Just way overdid the "no heavy lifting" restrictions ....

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/19 6:50 a.m.

Came back from a buyer test drive to find the apartment building 2 houses down from mine involved in a pretty good structure fire. 

Minor win #1:  it wasn't my house.

Minor win #2: nobody was injured except a cat, which was revived and treated for smoke inhalation.

Minor win #3: it was downwind of my house.

Minor win #4:  I sold the TSX to an acquaintance who needs a solid car for a fair price.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/25/19 5:52 p.m.

I recieved a text message at work from SWMBO at 8am saying her car was DOA and needed a ride home and a battery. At 8:15 AM I had the phone number of our interstate rep, and had texted him. By 8:16 he'd replied that he did in fact have the battery I needed and would swing by later and drop it off. At  2:45 Gilbert the interstate guy was outside of my store with a fresh battery for me. At 3:00 I clocked out. I drove home, changed, and by 3:35PM I was starting her car with its brand new battery. Kudos all around for how well that all worked. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/26/19 8:09 a.m.

It's heeere

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UberDork
9/26/19 8:57 a.m.

My new cordless (gas+battery) finish nailer arrived yesterday and the spare battery for it should show up tomorrow, meaning no more having to spend 45 minutes driving across town to rent one from Home Depot before heading out to the cabin to work on finishing up the interior. I SHOULD have bought it a week before I did as I would have saved the $75 the two days I had to rent HD's cost me, but I was foolishly optimistic about being able to get the final trim work done in those two days.

At this point I am approaching having enough carpentry tools to go into business as a contractor...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/26/19 10:12 a.m.

I turned 66 on Monday and was surprised with a skabooble on Happy Birthday wishes on the Book of Faces.  I must say it made my day as I’m not big on FB.  Then I got a text from a former co-worker today who apologized for missing it and is taking me out to lunch (bbq) with another co-worker. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/26/19 10:19 a.m.

just called Sweet Mfg to inquire about a non-standard steering u-joint made of standard parts.  Levi said "no problem, we can put that together and ship it today, and i can give you a better price than what's on the website."  and because they're in Kalamazoo MI (only a couple hours west), i'll have it tomorrow via UPS Ground.

another $56 out of the Challenge budget, but this is the last piece of the front suspension puzzle.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/26/19 11:17 a.m.

Needed to order some last minute parts and spares for the Challenge S10, and by adding and removing them individually from the Rock Auto shopping cart, I was able to get all but one item to come from one warehouse.  Checked Amazon for the missing item, and was able to buy it there, at about the same price, and no shipping!  

wae
wae SuperDork
9/26/19 12:01 p.m.

I'm either going to sell the Focus transmission for full asking price tomorrow or I'm going to get murderraped.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/26/19 12:10 p.m.
wae said:

I'm either going to sell the Focus transmission for full asking price tomorrow or I'm going to get murderraped.

murderraped is not as bad as rapemurdered, but still sounds risky.

Dusterbd13-michael
9/27/19 12:18 p.m.

Im fairly certain that i have hit god-level enabling the last two weeks....

And its AWESOME. 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
9/27/19 1:30 p.m.
Cooter said:

As someone that is completely and utterly non-religous, I still can't say "god bless you" enough for taking good care of that baby.  Thank you.  We need more people on this planet that care for animals.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
9/27/19 1:47 p.m.

So I have had a great day today at work.  I process insurance for a rather large company and our goal is 90-100 documents per day.  I regularly do 120+ per day so I'm good.  Today I didn't have breakfast, just a protein shake at home, and didn't have time to make a lunch because I spent time petting our new cat we rescued and I didn't want to be late.  So at around 11am I walked down the street to a nearby irish pub (I work in an awesome area) and ordered 4 scrambled eggs with some cheese, and why not, I grabbed a beer while I was waiting.

Totally forgot to order the food to go.

So they give it to me and there's an older couple (I say older, they're probably about my age) and they said something that caught my ear and I joined in their conversation.  5 minutes later, we're talking about awesome race cars of the 1960s (and I had just finished reading through the most beautiful racecars ever thread) and then we were talking about how awesome and 'merica the saturn 5 rocket was.  Guy buys me a beer.  And then another.  We keep talking, about America and her shortfallings and how americans basically want everything right now and cheap but refuse to be inconvenienced for it.  He buys me a third beer.  By now I'm telling him about Enzo Ferrari's famous quote "aerodymanics are for people that don't know how to build engines" and his wife is kinda like ugh, can we go now?  And there's a mexican guy between us and suddenly we all start talking about food.  So the three of us (not the wife) are talking about food from different countries and how awesome it all is and he buys me a fourth beer.  At this time I'm really grateful that I'm a fast worker and that by 11am I was already almost done for the day with my work load.  They finally leave and another guy sits next to me and we start talking about something, I don't even remember at this point.  He buys me a single of Green Spot whiskey, which for those that don't know, is very expensive and incredibly whiskey.  We talk about stuff.  And this cat that I just rescued the other night - the bartender is a super nice guy and really wants a cat, and he's had cats before - his previous cat he had since she was a kitten and he had her until she was 18.  I show him all the pictures and explain that she'll probably need a leg amputated.  He's cool, just wants a sweet cat.  So I have someone local that wants the cat we're fostering and I just got bought 4 beers (Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, 7.25%) and a shot so I'm feeling quite good.  Things are finally done so I start walking back to work, a block away.  My company is in an area that is basically all upscale bars.  Walking back to work I find what looks like a plain dark blue door that I've passed by many times and never noticed.  Apparently it's some form of artisan bar.  I walk in and they have dried herbs hanging on the walls so it smells like rosemary and basil.  It smells amazing.  The bartender says they don't open until 4, I tell him I would just like to check it out and see the menu.  He says that's fine.  The drink menu is full of the most delicious sounding ingredients ever - imagine instead of just serving popular drinks, a bar actually made cocktails with amazing ingredients that tasted good.  That was their entire drink menu.  So my wife is picking me up from work in an hour and we're going there.  Then we'll go home and I'll pass out drunk hugging our new rescued 3 legged cat.  I'm ready.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/27/19 4:11 p.m.

the above wall of text was brought to you today by a happy drunk, and that's a great way to spend a friday.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/19 4:30 p.m.

SWMBO's job was going downhill. In an office full of women, there is someone to focus your hatred on. SWMBO is no different. She, apparently, was somebody will more pull's shiny happy person. They threatened her with termination.

She quit this morning.

14:15 Zulu, she texts me.

She has  a new job.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/29/19 1:13 p.m.

The zoomboni lives!  Fresh gas.  A battery. And figuring out what 5 completely unlabeled switches do (and the previous owner misremembered what the starter was) and it fired right up.

Also: an uncorked 302 with side pipes in a one car concrete block garage is LOUD.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mSnVtNr8MiWGtZd3N2MJJKZbNVcab1T5FE8V4o5TcE7Nz3QQZaInJKcVKnpTxPVn