classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
5/28/21 11:26 p.m.

Scored a set of 4 Michelin pilot sport A/s 3+ for $125 (195/45r16) in absolutely mint shape. They'll be a little small on the style 9 wheels they're going on(7.5" wide), but I'm realistically not a good enough driver to know the difference, and it's cheap lowering. I will hope to get them through an Autox or HPDE this year to justify the spend.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/28/21 11:58 p.m.

Tried one of those new spicy Chicken Sandwiches at BK for dinner and I feel like I needed a smoke after eating it.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/29/21 12:11 a.m.

Worked on the Evo, only mishap was a small amount of spilled oil.  
No swearing, no bleeding, no bonus trip for parts, just smooth sailing.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
5/29/21 10:47 a.m.

Happy to see Trans Am back at Lime Rock (even if my beer is warmer than the air temperature today).  

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
5/29/21 4:46 p.m.

Just won a nice chunk of $ from a church raffle and the right to buy a 2020 z51, 3lt corvette at MSRP.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
5/29/21 5:23 p.m.

Everything is serviced and happy. Memorial day traditions. Carbs checked and cleaned, timing set, valves checked and oil changed. I actually have 7 running driving registered cars that are all up to date. Got some offers out on a bike as well which would be the new project and then once I sell some stock I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 917K or build a Subaru powered 356.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/21 10:08 p.m.

I have yet to commit murder. Prison free is the choice for me. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
5/30/21 4:50 a.m.

I cleaned my garage up better than it has been in months, removed dividers the PO added to my toolbox so that i could put more tools away, and re-hung a few LEDs I had let droop. Overall I think it will feel much nicer to work out there now.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/1/21 10:29 a.m.

Looks like the state of Maryland is ending on-site vaccinations and relinquishing our autocross venue earlier than expected, so we can start running there in mid-July instead of (maybe) August.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/1/21 3:16 p.m.

I may have inadvertently found a simple solution to a common and recurring problem.

The Mrs. P-mobile has the 1.4T with the PCV and related valve cover diaphragm problem. The diaphragm maintains the correct pressure (vacuum) in the crankcase as the PCV is not metered. Her's blew yesterday and was pulling full vac, and reading both P0171 (lean) and P1101 (incorrect airflow).  The valve cover is ordered but won't be here fast, and I really don't want to drive her everywhere. So I thought I might be able to plug the diaphragm housing and drill a small metering hole to maintain the correct(ish) vac and airflow. It was a nice thought but it didn't work. What if I meter the airflow on the intake side? How can I do that?

With a Mikuni main jet, of course. Drilled and tapped the motor side of the PCV valve and tried a 125 (1.25mm) main. It worked a couple hours last night and all day today. No CEL and it's running fine.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/1/21 3:52 p.m.

On a whim, checked Atkins Rotary's website for a certain trim piece.  Magically it showed up in their online catalog, even though there was nothing a month or two ago.

Bought-ened!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/1/21 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It was you, BTW, that gave me the above idea. During a discussion about PCV systems, it may have been in the turbo slant 6 discussion, you mentioned that some manufacturers do exactly that in their PCV systems.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
6/1/21 8:42 p.m.

The A/C seems to be doing its A/C thing again after some very amateur troubleshooting and a couple of days (and nights) of being way too hot.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that it was the dead start capacitor that took out one of the fuses.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
6/1/21 8:49 p.m.

Wife's CX-5 has one broken part in the 7-ish years she's owned it.  They are still too new to show up in junkyards.  Finally got an alert that one had shown up.

Went to check it out and it was even the same color

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
6/2/21 12:57 p.m.

I paid $48 freedom dollars for shipping on a box of electricity bits to build an amplifier for the guitars I barely play. That order was placed on Friday, may 28, 2021. It is scheduled to arrive, from Canada, to my door on Friday, June 11, 2021. Accounting for filling the order, processing payment, and packaging it, that's less than 2 weeks and under $50 to get something FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. 

In today's age of immediate gratification and free 2 day shipping, I still cannot believe how fast and cheap stuff can move globally. Modern miracle in my book. Amazing. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
6/2/21 1:25 p.m.

I just quit Facebook.

Also, pleased that the HVAC tech confirmed I didn't do anything dumb while getting the A/C working again.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/3/21 6:57 a.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

I paid $48 freedom dollars for shipping on a box of electricity bits to build an amplifier for the guitars I barely play. That order was placed on Friday, may 28, 2021. It is scheduled to arrive, from Canada, to my door on Friday, June 11, 2021. Accounting for filling the order, processing payment, and packaging it, that's less than 2 weeks and under $50 to get something FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. 

In today's age of immediate gratification and free 2 day shipping, I still cannot believe how fast and cheap stuff can move globally. Modern miracle in my book. Amazing. 

Less than two weeks ago my son ordered an exhaust system from Kraken in Bulgaria.  It arrived yesterday.  By air.  For $60 CDN.

Disclaimer:  I didn't see the invoice and it does seem too good to be true. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy MegaDork
6/3/21 6:57 p.m.

A  couple of days ago, I completed my longest ride since I restarted my journey of getting into shape.  The Win is that my legs didn't ache for days afterwards. In fact, I was able to do squats and dead lifts today.

May be an image of text that says 'ම Brett Murphy rode with Joseph Johnson Yesterday at 1:23 PM Raleigh, North Carolina URY FIVE POINTS METHO MILBURNIE Raleigh Kni CARALE GH Brett Murphy Afternoon Ride Distance Elev Gain 34.54 mi 1,310ft Time 2h 52m'

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/3/21 9:08 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

I ordered a handmade knife from Nepal and got it in 7 days, it literally went thru Katmandu and Italy among other countries. Still was faster than a package shipped from Dallas somehow.

It's amazing, agreed

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/5/21 10:25 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I want to buy your Flex.

6/5/21 10:27 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

That is outstanding!  Nearly 3 hours in the saddle is no joke!

6/5/21 10:28 a.m.

First ride in 3 years on Memorial Day (bottom), vs this morning's ride (top). Damn I love trail riding.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
6/5/21 11:26 a.m.

We moved last July and had minimal access to our back yard across the front lawn. This week the trees and stumps were removed and I can drive my truck and trailer right through a new path from the driveway to the backyard.  Its still a little rough,  wood chips coming in a day or two to level/clean up a bit.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/5/21 6:16 p.m.

Filled up the '81 RX-7, drove home, drove to rallycross, rallycrossed, drove to fuel station a little ways away.  Took 11.8 gallons.  For 233 miles.

That is dang near 20mpg including rallycross.  I don't have the fuel gauge figured out just yet but it looks like 26-27mpg highway.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/5/21 7:02 p.m.

I helped build an autocross course today for our Novice School/Test N Tune and it came out fuggin' sick. I was particularly proud of my decreasing radius sweeper into optional-direction evenly-spaced slalom into non-optional decreasing-spaced slalom. The one instructor walked it and went "Alright, who is responsible for this? This is evil." Even at the end of the day there was still a dispute on which way was faster through the optional slalom.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dF6i7M7H48bLKAnkC57JkmQQiC9BHw8geqqzkyYa2lt6vFBoCKnibsQesV7yQ4cD