Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/17/21 10:32 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Job interview at Honeywell on Thursday. Woo woo.

Good luck!

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
8/19/21 4:59 p.m.

It's tomato season.

That is all.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/19/21 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I totally read that as "tornado season."  Hard to make a good sammich with a tornado. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/19/21 7:32 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Mr_Asa said:

Job interview at Honeywell on Thursday. Woo woo.

Good luck!

Went moderately well.  Lady I spoke with is going to pass my info onto the team and see what they think.  We shall see.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/19/21 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

But where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
8/20/21 12:27 p.m.
slefain said:

Big property that was going to be a private school has been sitting empty (graded off) for a decade just outside my city. It was just approved to be rezoned into single family housing and townhouses. Hell. Yes. The NIMBYs 

Don't you live in Atlanta? Do these people not realize that big cities just get bigger?

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
8/20/21 2:11 p.m.

Cleaning the garage a bit, found a set of new Bilstein 5100 shocks for the Avalanche. Don't remember when I bought them, but perfect timing, since I now need them. Fronts installed yesterday, rears will be tonight.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
8/23/21 7:38 p.m.

Autocross yesterday in Bowling Green.  Crazy fast course that rewarded cajones and big power.  93 drivers and yours truly managed a 3rd place finish (behind a 570 whp Z06 vette on A7s and a 470 whp new Supra on Pirelli slicks (jeebus that thing went through the gears fast!)).

It was a lot of fun but a full day in 95 degree sun in a parking lot really took it out of me.  So secondary win is that I'm off on Mondays and was able to sleep in and lounge around today.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/23/21 7:46 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

It's tomato season.

That is all.

We're having a great garden year and we have a ton of tomatoes but we have no kitchen so we're limited on processing them into salsa, spaghetti sauce, or blanched tomato's for chili.  

Hoping to give some away at work tomorrow.  

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/23/21 8:01 p.m.

I wish I had you're guys luck- the midwest got hit with gale force winds months ago that snapped nearly everything I had, before the rabbits appeared to finish off the rest. I got ONE squash and some chillis so far.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
8/25/21 10:26 a.m.

For the first time in almost 14 years, I have insurance. Health, vision, and dental. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/25/21 4:25 p.m.

I just found my Skeletool and Style CS after they'd been missing for, I believe, 2.5 years. These were my daily carry's, and I had been very annoyed with myself for losing them. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/25/21 4:34 p.m.

Im officially between jobs. Here's to hoping the new one sucks less!

Honsch
Honsch Reader
8/26/21 1:27 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im officially between jobs. Here's to hoping the new one sucks less!

It will!

Earlier this summer I got 'rona downsized.  Updated the resume that night.  The next day I sent out three, got the first callback 20 minutes later.  Second callback about two hours after that.  Hired by the first callers with a 40% pay bump, so not a bad summer after all.

Rant:  It took 20 minutes to get the ball rolling and seven weeks to finish the process.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
8/26/21 7:26 a.m.

Very minor but given how bad I am at diagnosing vehicle maladies I'm proud of myself on this one.

Buddy owns a low mile 99 Dakota that recently lost it's ability to idle.  I agreed to take a look at it and see if I can make things better.   Went online and looked at a few things it might be and went right to the offending part.  Completely gunked up air valve on the throttle body.   Removed, cleaned, reinstalled and it idles perfectly.   Yay!!

(my usual automotive repair involves buying a couple hundred dollars worth of parts that aren't what I need)

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
8/26/21 9:00 a.m.

It's not my win but I felt it was worth celebrating.  An elderly couple just walked slowly up the hill past my house, turned and held each other while they looked out over the view before gingerly making their way back down the street holding hands.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/26/21 2:46 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

That's a beautiful mental picture. Thank you.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/26/21 4:42 p.m.

Made some progress with the state on our long term foster kiddo having recently been matched with us for adoption.  Having been with us for 5 years since birth she may be an official 84FSP kiddo in the next year.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/27/21 5:43 a.m.

Guess who can change out a Mustang rear brake caliper in under 20 minutes?  I guess that's what happens when you've done it five times this summer . . .

*includes bleeding the line . . .

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/31/21 11:26 a.m.

So Yay: I have an interview
Boo: Company is in Bradenton, ~45 minute drive in good traffic
Yay: I overpriced what I wanted for the job and they called me back next day
Boo: Interview is in person and is crack of the ass early

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
8/31/21 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Don't want to E36 M3 on your parade but they'll give you a call back even if you overpriced what you wanted. 

Case in point I asked for $85k in Michigan and Ohio, which is waaaay more than someone with my experience would be making in that area, and I still got a call back with a much lower offer. 

Anyways the good thing is that asscrack of dawn means that you could miss traffic! So that's cool. What's the position for? 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
8/31/21 6:57 p.m.

Stupid Samsung washing machine crapped out on me Saturday.  Just 10 years old and already kaputski.

But wait Mr Allroad, this is the minor win thread!

Oh yeah, my primitive diagnostic skills decided it must be the pump had gone bad.  Ordered a replacement that arrived today and put it back together faster than I'd teased it apart.   AND IT WORKS!

$43 part and it's good for another 10 years.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/31/21 7:05 p.m.
hunter47 said:

So that's cool. What's the position for? 

Kinda a weird mash up between a design engineer, CAD monkey, and on-site engineering tech that knows how to speak to the machinists.

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
8/31/21 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Dude nice, good luck! That sounds like a really good way to make yourself indispensible to the team should you accept an offer.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
9/1/21 11:47 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

So Yay: I have an interview
Boo: Company is in Bradenton, ~45 minute drive in good traffic
Yay: I overpriced what I wanted for the job and they called me back next day
Boo: Interview is in person and is crack of the ass early

Well, that was interesting.

They do flood doors, from residential all the way up to projects like various NYC and other northeastern cities municipal projects.  Saw some 25 foot tall doors that are designed to withstand a 20 foot tall tidal wave.
Gotta dig up my Solidworks certs and send 'em in.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R5OA4lyRogeyEHRajdSBzhB7XcvRuGQgPvkZJILA8TB2DLB6s97dzesQpfDGwAxx