classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
9/1/21 9:19 p.m.

Yesterday I took some time to fully clean off/throw some stuff away from/vacuum 3 months+ cutting and grinding dust from my main wooden workbench. Today it felt good to put most of the tools I'd used away, and re-vacuum the workbench and surrounding floor to end the day in a space I feel like I can go work in tomorrow.

Feels good

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/1/21 9:48 p.m.

I thoroughly enjoyed eating half a large tub of KFC coleslaw.  

wae
wae UberDork
9/1/21 11:38 p.m.

It was a total rush job since my wife didn't decide that she wanted to do this costume at Dragoncon until about 2 weeks ago.  I've spent basically every spare moment of my time working on it.  But I finally finished it up tonight!  I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's not loading a prop into the car where the paint is still wet.

Groovy!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/1/21 11:43 p.m.

I finally found a truck, a 97 k1500 and its so clean I never would have guessed it was over 20 years old.

Crappy dark pic incoming because I didn't snap a pic earlier....

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
9/2/21 1:19 p.m.
wae said:

It was a total rush job since my wife didn't decide that she wanted to do this costume at Dragoncon until about 2 weeks ago. 

I've been led to understand that the badge line this year is close and claustrophobic, as it was in the olden times.

Good luck and stay safe at the Con!

wae
wae UberDork
9/2/21 1:31 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:
wae said:

It was a total rush job since my wife didn't decide that she wanted to do this costume at Dragoncon until about 2 weeks ago. 

I've been led to understand that the badge line this year is close and claustrophobic, as it was in the olden times.

Oh I don't go.  That's my wife's thing.  I'm taking the kids, the dogs, and the motorhome and spending the weekend camping in Indiana!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/2/21 3:20 p.m.
wae said:
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:
wae said:

Oh I don't go.  That's my wife's thing.  I'm taking the kids, the dogs, and the motorhome and spending the weekend camping in Indiana!

Not a cabin in the woods, I hope.  You might need the prop if you visit the fruit cellar after sampling the home audio system.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
9/2/21 4:23 p.m.

I've been checking the local library's online catalog every day and today it paid off- they apparently just added the final book of The Expanse (Leviathan Falls), and I've got the first hold placed on it- so I'll be able to check it out and read it as soon as they get it in a few months down the line.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/2/21 6:40 p.m.

Holy crap, the WordPress.com version of my old website is still live. Double win, had the recipe I wanted on it.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
9/2/21 7:52 p.m.

Scored a Razor MX500 (red one) for $40 on Facebook Marketplace because it wasn't working. Get it home and the main controller was unplugged. Score! 

The other win is I can ride this one! 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
9/2/21 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Nice!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/3/21 9:44 a.m.

Minor win:  other than about an hour this morning, I have the office 100% to myself today.

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
9/3/21 9:05 p.m.

We'll, it looks like this is happening!

Waiting for a delivery date. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/4/21 12:13 a.m.

Kris delivered my trains. You berkin rule, dude. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/4/21 7:24 a.m.

The Supra VIN starts with a W?  Are they built in Germany?  Or maybe I misunderstand how VINs work.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/4/21 7:30 a.m.
ZOO (Forum Supporter) said:

The Supra VIN starts with a W?  Are they built in Germany?  Or maybe I misunderstand how VINs work.

BMW assembles them, I presume.

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
9/4/21 7:33 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Actually assembled by Magna Steyr in Austria. 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
9/4/21 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

TIL . . .

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/4/21 3:48 p.m.

The American Dream Duster Roads rides again! He's been in storage since January 2018, but all systems are go again. Trying to decide just how much I want to invest in it before hanging the "for sale sign" on it. It's been a great car, but it deserves someone who will drive it more. Gotta thin the herd and concentrate on my '69 Olds again. But for now I think me and my boys will hit some cruise-ins.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
9/5/21 7:05 a.m.

Turning off Advancetrac seems to have allowed the rebuilt rear calipers on the Mustang to survivea day at Mosport. 

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
9/5/21 8:07 a.m.

Long time no see, after the miscarriage in December it took a bit for medical reasons but the wife is now 4 months pregnant with a girl. The twins will be 14 when there sisters born but everyone's happy! 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
9/5/21 4:55 p.m.

I got three of them. 

1. A few months back, my son's Fit had a rod bearing go bad. Nice loud knocking. I was able to get it replaced without pulling the motor. After probably 1500 miles, I can say it's fixed. Not bad for $25 EBay bearings
  2. Spent this weekend swapping the ac compressor, lines and new desiccant in the Fit. Filled it up and the ac is cold now
  3. wife decided to help and polished the headlights. They are wonderfully clear now. 

I'm amazed at how easy that car is to work on. 

-Rob

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/5/21 5:12 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Congratulations!

Due to medical and general adoption timing my 2 kids are 12 years apart.  Its a real trip.

The funny part is your daughter will end up with 4 parents.  Those twins will end up acting like another set of moms.   

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
9/5/21 7:11 p.m.

Secured a final interview with one of the largest private space companies out in Washington. 

Now to secure the bag.

In the words of RuPaul, "Don't berkeley it up". 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/6/21 12:22 a.m.

In reply to hunter47 :

May Alan Shepherd's prayer find you:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QvqOhRLVfBhLTH8LMwRKee0qEEsAuA2oc0KBEKKaRdOM3vozrs7gKlKZGAMuUMsd