Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/12/21 8:15 a.m.

A whole bunch of confluences are coming together to make something totally awesome happen.

I wanted to go in one direction, was suggested another, which pushed me into a third, which developed into a fourth.  And the fourth one STAYED UP.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/12/21 9:12 a.m.

Woke up late this Sunday morning.  Came down to find Wifee had run out for donuts.  The kiddos are gnoshing and all is well in the world.   Now taking a morning off to watch the f1 Finale.  Life is good. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
12/12/21 1:52 p.m.

I'm on a selling spree and it feels good. Clearing space in the garage (even if it causes a shuffle of other stuff) and putting money in the bank, which hasn't happened for a while. It's already helping me get better organized, too.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/12/21 4:03 p.m.

Found a gift for my dad that I think he'll really like.

He's hard to shop for since I've gotten him most of what he's wanted these last few years

12/12/21 8:43 p.m.

Am currently drinking lots of scotch with the glasses sent to me by friends/family from Australia.

Doing creative stuff that seems quite awesome, will see how​ awesome once sober again

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/12/21 11:33 p.m.

A friend asked me to codrive his recently purchased 2019 Civic Sport, so he could, "see what it can do." 

First in the H Street class, seventh overall in Pax. Didn't beat him by much, either. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/13/21 1:21 p.m.

My A1C went from a 6.4 to a 6.1.

12/13/21 2:06 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Am currently drinking lots of scotch with the glasses sent to me by friends/family from Australia.

Doing creative stuff that seems quite awesome, will see how​ awesome once sober again

Update:

It's still awesome and so is scotch

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
12/14/21 8:23 a.m.

We won the Champcar race at Barber on Sunday.  Set fast lap overall on Saturday and sunday.

It's good to be back in the winners circle!

My buddy Tyler debuted his car and finished 5th!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/15/21 5:25 p.m.

NEOhio region gave you a 10% off coupon for Summit if you attended a rallycross last year.

I just saved $148.  After food and fuel and entry, I got paid $48 to rallycross.

12/15/21 8:50 p.m.

A gift for me and my wife from a client.

It's nice being appreciated

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
12/17/21 5:57 p.m.

Not a huge deal, but it was nice to see. I'm car shopping and posted a wanted ad for a specific year(s) and model.  There is a nice clean low mileage one that I'd inquired about, but bailed on because there was just something not right. Nothing I could put my finger on, just something.

Today I got this message in response to my wanted ad.

Good day Guy, just want to warn you of "Jimmy's" ad for ... $5,800 asking price. He told me he was second owner. I got CarFax and car was originally a Quebec daily rental, many owners after. Plus in Feb. 2020 had $10,600 collision damage claim

I had still been watching the ad and was still tempted to go look.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/18/21 11:10 p.m.

I walked into the house and asked my 19 year old college student daughter if she wanted to learn how to pop rivet 2 pieces of sheet metal together. 

She said she has to make a bridge next semester in architecture class and might use rivets so she came out and learned a new skill.  

I was excited.  

wae
wae UberDork
12/18/21 11:21 p.m.

For $25 I rented a 12' step ladder today so I could get to the ceiling of the shop.  Using that ladder, I installed the 10 Barrina 4' LED tubes I bought back in June.  I didn't realize how dark it was in there until now!

I have no idea how I'm going to get power to them, but if I'm feeling daring, I may go back out tomorrow and hang the air filters.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
12/18/21 11:26 p.m.

In the past 6 months I've gone from 5 cars down to 2. Of those 2, one is a temporary beater while we shop for something that fits what I really want. Now I just have to decide what that is. It's a good feeling.

Oh wait, I forgot about the almost free Insight that's hiding behind the shop at work... ok so 6 down to three :P

Just got back from visiting my woman friend in the hospital. It easily was the most unorthodox date I've ever had. But easily the best one too.

I stayed with her for over 5 hours. We drank coffee and told dumb stories from our youth. Later I walked with her around the floor while we talked and laughed. I stayed almost 2 hours after visiting hours were over and would have stayed later but got caught by a nurse making her rounds lol.

She is super funny and has a razor sharp wit. She is scheduled for neck surgery tomorrow morning and is extremely nervous about the procedure. She's never had surgery or been under general anethesia before. I hope I was able to relieve some of that anxiety. She thanked me profusely for coming and visiting her. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I hope we have many more dates in the future!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/19/21 12:20 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I know you aren't doing it for this, but you just bought yourself some serious brownie points. Good job being a nice person.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
12/22/21 10:58 p.m.

This year my wife and I decided to adopt a family for Christmas in lieu of getting each other stuff (we don't need stuff).

Tonight I got to go drop off the variety of gifts we got (hope they're close to what they requested/needed lol), and it felt good. It was a really nice, young mom and her 3 year old son. We're all just human - this year we were able to help someone else give their child a Christmas they deserved.

My lady friend has been home from the hospital for about 4 days now. She can't go to work or drive and is going a little stir crazy. She invited me over for Christmas Eve to watch A Christmas Story (one of our favorite movies) and hang out. I must be doing something right. I really like her and hope that she becomes my girlfriend. It's been almost 8 years since I've been in a relationship so it will be nice to spend time with someone.

In reply to dculberson :

Thanks. I really like her and care for her. I just want to show my appreciation for her.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
12/24/21 2:03 p.m.

Crutchfield finally had a decent non-CD head unit for the Elise and a pair of speakers in stock from brands I recognise. Probably still a losing battle given the noise levels in the car, but four functioning speakers and having the head unit talk to the phone would be nice.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/24/21 2:18 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

We did something similar to the 4runner early this year, and it has been mostly great. It seems like all in-car infotainment tech will go stupid and require involved troubleshooting as soon as the car starts moving, but having legit Android Auto and minimal cables, and a nice touch display in the dash has been great. It's the best solution so far.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/24/21 2:25 p.m.

I scored half life Michelin ltx in my oddball size for $100 today. And then bought a flat tow bar for $30 with the brackets and pins from the same guy!

My centerlines can go on Monday. Im quite excited. 

johndej
johndej Dork
12/26/21 1:23 p.m.

Living the meme... Little man got here just in time for Christmas.

Also totally still keeping the Miata!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/26/21 5:29 p.m.

I only drove 115 miles today.

But i did it in my 70 duster, with tne windows down and the radio up. Man it felt good to splatter bugs on the windshield. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gcctcUiKZXLRLg3u83X9ERBKhDoqXs7tQWqHjhJoKlZ9l2HavF8dTq1SAYIi9wyI