Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/4/22 12:51 p.m.
mtn said:

Wanna post an address so we can send ya some serious Gourmet E36 M3 in celebration?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/22 5:14 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I think I'm good. She's bringing what she likes to drink, and I'm trapped home with a bad leg so I've got food covered. 

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

We're both awkward nerds so I wasn't expecting this message.  Thankfully we mostly text so I get a minute to review everything before I reply.  My first instinct is always to be a smart ass or assume it's a wrong number. 

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
1/4/22 5:40 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

You better change your handle to "ThePlumber" cause you're gonna be laying some pipe.  :^P

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/4/22 6:28 p.m.
CAinCA said:

You better change your handle to "ThePlumber" cause you're gonna be laying some pipe.  :^P

Maybe it's gigantic and that's why he is known as the bus driver!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/4/22 8:31 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
CAinCA said:

I mean... depends what kind?

Double decker bus?
Bendy bus?
Short bus?
Downtown express?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/4/22 8:35 p.m.

Margie! Maaaargieeee!!! The train's jumped the traaaaaaacccks. Agaaaaiiinnn!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/4/22 8:49 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
CAinCA said:

maybe time to head over to the Silverado Forum...............

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
1/4/22 8:56 p.m.

Current crop of barn kittens.

Much better fed, less sneezy, runny noses and goopy eyes than a week ago. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/5/22 6:34 a.m.

I survived another January 4th

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/5/22 10:49 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Big win..

My win: After moving a giant, leaky-sealed, Walker 2-ton Jack with me for 5 years and not finding a buyer - I ordered a rebuild kit and will take it on/make a video on it as a 2-motivator way to get it working. It rolls much better than my HF special on my cracked driveway, and lifts ~5" higher.  Whoot whoot!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/5/22 11:22 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to NickD :

Big win..

I'm not so sure. I'm having to change out leaf springs on a freshly-undercoated GMC 1-ton today. The other option might have been a nice reprieve

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/5/22 3:56 p.m.

Brake switch on the Mazda5 failed a ways back, locking it in park.  After overriding the lockout, it wouldn't let cruise control work.  At the time, the fix was whatever aftermarket switch was in stock at O'ReiVanceZone.  That solved the lockout, but not the cruise control.  Finally tried replacing with the OEM part over the weekend, and that brought the shift lockout back.  Was looking at the aftermarket part and how it worked, and figured the OEM one may not have been fully snapped in place.  Turns out it just required a fairly abusive amount of force to fully install it.  Parking lockout is gone, and no light on the dash anymore.  Haven't had a chance to test cruise yet, but I bet it works again.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/6/22 2:46 p.m.

My daily driver 2002 Camry got sideswiped a few weeks ago. Cosmetic damage, car runs fine still. It's kind of a beater already, so I expected the insurance company to offer me a pittance to total it, or fight against paying to repair it.

Nope. The insurance company is cutting me a check for pretty much what the car is worth, and I get to keep the car.  No salvage or buyback either. They are just cutting me a check for the repair costs (which are stupid high right now). I was going to sell it soon anyway. So now I basically have the money AND the car. Guess I'll keep the car a bit longer!

daeman
daeman Dork
1/6/22 4:51 p.m.

It's only taken about 8 years, but I have achieved the next level of dorkdom

daeman
daeman SuperDork
1/6/22 4:51 p.m.

Now

iansane
iansane HalfDork
1/6/22 5:23 p.m.
Shadeux said:

I miscounted how many 1x4x8s I needed yesterday for my little project, so I stopped at Lowes on the way home today to pick up two more. I am driving the C7 Corvette. 

I walk out carrying the boards and as I get closer to the car I notice two other guys loading their stuff start eyeing me. I walk up, open the hatch and casually stick the boards in and shut it. As I get in I see one guy has turned away, but the other one is still staring at me, like he's thinking "did I really see that?"

Once you find out a 10 foot piece of PVC pipe fits, lumber is a breeze.

Easier when there's no roof.

But then again I found out a 10ft stick of 3" exhaust pipe will fit in the jag through the skipass with the trunk closed and room to spare so there's that.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/6/22 5:25 p.m.

I can't remember if it's 7 or 9, but you should have seen the looks I got pulling case after case of beer out of the C5Z trunk.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/6/22 5:34 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

I can't remember if it's 7 or 9, but you should have seen the looks I got pulling case after case of beer out of the C5Z trunk.

My FIL worked one summer for a guy who owned a distributor. FIL did not work at the distributor, but at the end of the summer, the owner said "well, you've worked hard all summer. Come on over to the warehouse, you can take all of the broken cases". 

FIL filled his Ford Maverick up with Old Style and Special Export to the point it was riding on bump stops. He drove it straight to college, he didn't even have room for his clothes. There was a case of beer under his knees, he couldn't see out any window except his own and the windshield. He said they (my FIL and his 4 roommates, 3 of them on the football team) didn't have to buy beer for a month. 

PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham
PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham UberDork
1/7/22 8:11 a.m.

Got a raise yesterday. Happy. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/7/22 12:06 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
CAinCA said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

The girl came back last night for dinner and made fun of me for not having a coffee maker. I offered to buy one and she said not to bother, she'd gotten an extra for Christmas.  This morning I got this message:

Wally: "Hey girl, you bring the coffee and I'll bring the sugar."

Aaaahhhh Yeeeaaahhh!!!!

;^)

Pics, or it didn't happen.devil

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
1/7/22 12:12 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
CAinCA said:

The girl came back last night for dinner and made fun of me for not having a coffee maker. I offered to buy one and she said not to bother, she'd gotten an extra for Christmas.  This morning I got this message:

Aaaahhhh Yeeeaaahhh!!!!

;^)

The man buys a Corvette and now he's a player!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/7/22 12:44 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
CAinCA said:

Aaaahhhh Yeeeaaahhh!!!!

;^)

Ha ha.  You funny.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
1/7/22 1:59 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/7/22 2:07 p.m.

Wow, a "proof of life" photo!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/8/22 8:29 p.m.

Maybe a month ago I listed some engine mounts I've carried for a bunch of years on eBay, tonight got the email they sold/buyer paid! First sale on eBay, now I should find some other stuff to list!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1coO7MWFfKB1UwlE78E2nTyULSj3ckgMtvMG9Zcj4UsfthHPktQmxyEsv9z59gyf