mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/12/22 9:02 a.m.

I am being asked to take on my dream job. Everybody's dream job. Zamboni driver. The guy is begging me. I just don't know if I have enough time, but still counting this as a win, even if I am not able to capitalize on it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/22 9:45 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/12/22 10:20 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

It's a pretty good gig.  I have no complaints but it could pay better.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/12/22 12:57 p.m.
mtn said:

I am being asked to take on my dream job. Everybody's dream job. Zamboni driver. The guy is begging me. I just don't know if I have enough time, but still counting this as a win, even if I am not able to capitalize on it. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/12/22 8:49 p.m.

My contractor bro had some downtime and got the 84FSP grosh counter and sink all plumbed and setup.  Now feeling classy with hot water in the garage...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/12/22 9:01 p.m.
mtn said:

"*hearty laughter* You're about to be killed by a Zamboni!

TELL ME WHERE YOUR berkeleyING BOSS IS, OR YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! ...IN FIVE MINUTES!"

If only they had worked in maple syrup or Tim Horton's somehow, they could have made Deadpool the most Canadian memeriffic antihero ever.  Even more than Wolverine, who mostly just drank and lumberjacked in the movies.

NY Nick
NY Nick HalfDork
1/13/22 10:01 a.m.

I have been putting off getting a new phone because I didn't see the value, my 6S has been working without major issue for a long time so why spend the $? Well The memory was full and I didn't want to get rid of the things I had on it so it was starting to run really bad. I ponied up and got a 13 Mini (I don't like giant phones). Holy crap is this nice. So fast, and it just works way better. I should have upgraded a long time ago.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
1/14/22 10:27 a.m.

The mole I had removed on Tuesday is not melanoma! 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
1/14/22 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Having gone through several biopsies of skin cancer myself, that is great news.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/14/22 3:24 p.m.

I just found and then acquired a complete set of Athearn Western Pacific passenger cars. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
1/14/22 4:24 p.m.

This probably isn't a minor win, but whatevs.

If you followed me into Ford stock back in June-ish and then got out today like I did you got a 72% return.

I might go buy a TIG welder.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/14/22 6:35 p.m.

Just sold a new in box reloading press for more than I paid for it 3 years ago...

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
1/14/22 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Now you have me wondering how much I could get for my press and dies...

Folgers
Folgers New Reader
1/14/22 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Is it taboo to post things like that for sale here? 

I’ve seen a few posts about boom stick related stuff for sale, but nothing specific.

Im asking if it’s ok, depending on location and item I may be interested. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/14/22 10:50 p.m.

Coffee girl spent another night here.  We had a great time, and she took me out today for some fresh air. We hit an old fashioned candy store, a comic book store/vintage arcade, and a really good diner. We're both happier than we'd been in a long time.  I can't believe how well this is going. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/15/22 3:17 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

That's awesome. I'm really happy for you.

How are the injuries doing?

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/15/22 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Thank You. They're coming along. The knee is feeling better. I'll likely be in the walking boot and out of work for a couple more weeks.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/15/22 4:14 p.m.

laughlaughlaugh

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/16/22 5:55 p.m.

I thought the Maryland temp registration and plates expired at the end of the month. No you berkeleying idiot, they expire on 1/15.

Called the dealer title clerk at 3:30 pm on the 14th to get an extension.

They were delivered via FedEx before noon on the 15th. Well done title department! Good things can still happen.

The state of PA will take up to 3 months to process and issue my new registration and plate. Just read in the news that there is a paint peeling issue on the new PA plates.

OTOH, PA dept. of revenue wasted no time sending out an inheritance tax notice to me on Dad's and my joint account. 10 days after he passed.

I see where your priorities are PA.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/20/22 10:34 p.m.

Turned on the heater in the garage and it let me work at 28 degrees instead of the 12 it was when I went in there. Score!

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
1/21/22 8:47 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

laughlaughlaugh

Mini Cooper, so I'm assuming headlight bulb replacement? :p

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/21/22 9:27 a.m.

2 year old god niece got the Rona. She was also a premie, so some things hit her harder than others. Heavy duty congestion and heavy breathing. Mom was about a hour away from a hospital run, as per the pediatrician's time table.

And it finally started to reced. Berk yeah.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/21/22 1:32 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That is the awesomest of news!!!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/21/22 11:03 p.m.

2 nights in a row in the garage and 2/3 patch panels are formed and ready to weld. The 3rd one was formed, but shaping the other 2 made me hate it and it shouldn't be toouch work to replace it tomorrow and get a driver's floor in!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/21/22 11:26 p.m.

Finally made it back out to the shop and made good progress on a project. It's been a few days and I think my mental state was suffering for it. Hope to get a car listed for sale real soon now!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OVJYWdVr2STBhqSqhWzBrBolX2IFtreSKGlSClxQQQYIIDa2qt24gYgps0SQ9z0l