RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
2/16/22 4:55 p.m.

In reply to Chesterfield :

Nope. I pay extra to go under. Too many bad experiences with dentists as a kid that I try to avoid them all together until it's absolutely necessary.

I started pricing out tooth extraction for these particular ones in 2019. Every time I'd get to my wits end with the pain, I'd call and hear $2k+ without insurance or 6 week wait, and that would magically cure the pain for a few weeks, just long enough to think that the nerve died, then out of nowhere it would pulse for about 30 seconds before putting me on the floor. 

The plan had always been a full mouth replacement, but every time I got close to being able to afford it something bad would happen, like the demon child being conceived, or my landlord paying his divorce attorney instead of his mortgage with my rent money, or my grandfather lying to me and my dad my whole life about an inheritance I was supposed to get that went to my scum bag uncle.

Some day maybe I'll get them all replaced. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/16/22 5:18 p.m.

Bonus month. Wooo. ~40% of base salary as a bonus this year. Could have been much better if our stock price had moved up a bit more. Nothing else to add. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/16/22 9:15 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Baller!

2/16/22 9:16 p.m.

Very minor win, the weather is unseasonably warm today so I just spent about an hour cleaning up and putting things where they belong. No pix because the progress is imperceptible to the untrained eye.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
2/16/22 10:51 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I do not remember if they asked about knocking me out or not, but I do remember getting a mouthful of shots. A minor win is I had pretty good dental experiences as a kid, and I liked my dentist. 

Recent minor win, my had to get a crown last week, but did not need a root canal. My wife was quite excited about not needing a root canal.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/17/22 8:15 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

The snow melting did wonders for my mental health. Reason number 387 why I need to move south. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott SuperDork
2/18/22 3:11 p.m.
NickD said:
TVR Scott said:
NickD said:

I'm being a guest on a podcast episode about the SCCA Xtreme Street classes tonight, and I wanted to do a quick read-through of the rules before then just to make sure I didn't foul anything up. Good thing the Xtreme Street rules are literally only two pages.

You have a link to the podcast?  I'm interested in the XS class and I'd like to hear what was said.

We recorded it last night, so it has to be edited and uploaded. Probably next week is when it will release. But the series is Upstate New York Autocross and it'll be here

Just listened to the podcast - really good info.  Thanks to you and everyone else putting them together.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/18/22 10:05 p.m.

First live show I've attended in about three years. Just a local cover band, but quite good. And no cover charge at the door!

*edit. They're playing Hotel California

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/19/22 7:14 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

The snow melting did wonders for my mental health. Reason number 387 why I need to move south. 

Same here.  It was warm yesterday and I got license plates so pulled out the Corvette to take to work. Of course it snowed again.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/19/22 9:07 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I haven't seen snow since early 2015. I regret nothing. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/21/22 6:59 a.m.

I was finally able to get license plates last Monday.  It does pretty poorly on ice so it sat until  my driveway thawed a bit. Thursday night I took it down to bring my girlfriend dinner at work, about 50 miles each way, and today it made the 85 mile trip to work in 20 degree weather without issue.  It's way more practical than it should be. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/22 10:15 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

... bring my girlfriend dinner...

!!!yes

wae
wae PowerDork
2/21/22 1:14 p.m.

While hanging out, waiting on the overhead door people I:

• Cleaned and organized the lift portion of the shop
  • Swept the floor
  • Ordered the Honda parts I need
  • Ordered der Scheißwagen parts I need
  • Ordered mother's day and Christmas gifts for my lovely bride
  • Got the miter saw back to the shop and out of my house

And then, to top it all off...  When my friend was here Saturday night, she stuck a couple chicken tacos and a bunch of diablo sauce in the fridge for me and I had forgotten all about it until now.  So lunch!

This is a damned fine day off!

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
2/21/22 6:26 p.m.

My daughter was born today. 14 years after her twin brothers. I don't spend much time on the forum anymore but this place helped me past a miscarriage and was the first "person" I told she was pregnant before the miscarriage. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/22 6:55 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Hell yeah! Congratulations.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/21/22 7:11 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Congratulations!  

Our son is 12 years older than his adopted sister and sometimes life gets interesting.  Once in a while my daughter has three parents telling her what to do.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/21/22 7:32 p.m.

The stars and Dr's aligned to get my uncle the care/surgery he needed and brought him back to us from the edge.  I enabled a brothers first vehicular splurge on a nice C3 Vette.  Family and kiddos are good.  Thanks to whoever is running this show.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/21/22 7:33 p.m.
Appleseed said:

!!!yes

You saw that too....

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/21/22 9:05 p.m.
Appleseed said:

!!!yes

2/21/22 10:24 p.m.

yep, ZR1 sawblades. 17x9.5 front, 17x11 rear. Dude didn't realize both rears were Left side, so after driving almost 2 hours to get there I said "how about a discount?" and he said "how about $150?" berkeley yeah! And I think lefts on both sides is kinda grassroots, no? 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/21/22 10:30 p.m.

You'll forget you have two left wheels by the time that car actually hits pavement. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
2/21/22 10:31 p.m.

Damn son, that's a find!! You're always on it with the cheap C4/C5 wheels! 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/22 10:33 p.m.

TIL ZR1 sawblades are handed.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/22/22 7:07 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Like ALL directional wheels SHOULD BE.

2/22/22 7:28 a.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

Like ALL directional wheels SHOULD BE.

All C4 rims except the 5-spokes were handed.

I don't know yet if these are for MonZora 2.0 or eBay.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EwEXZVBj63yj4WOmAKqKx6qFroAJ69PJcnbpQ2Qn6G9B2JP4RBK4kEqZaEVXLPuL