Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
4/13/22 9:28 a.m.

Finished up my first-pass rebuild of the new LEGO BTTF DeLorean set into a standard un-molested DMC-12 yesterday. Still haven't tackled the interior or under the louvers, but am pretty pleased with what I was able to do just with what I had in my spare parts boxes and a run to the local hobby store to raid their parts-by-the-bag bins.

I want to start in on trying to fix the side body lines... but that's likely going to be involve rebuilding a lot from scratch and likely a lot of parts that I don't have at the moment...

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/13/22 3:43 p.m.

Been pulling parts off the parts 280zx and trying to keep the "listing" updated as I go - already sold 2 parts in 2 days, netting me $40 in "profit" and that's for a headlight bucket and a rusty power antenna..

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/22 7:41 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Finished up my first-pass rebuild of the new LEGO BTTF DeLorean set into a standard un-molested DMC-12 yesterday. Still haven't tackled the interior or under the louvers, but am pretty pleased with what I was able to do just with what I had in my spare parts boxes and a run to the local hobby store to raid their parts-by-the-bag bins.

I want to start in on trying to fix the side body lines... but that's likely going to be involve rebuilding a lot from scratch and likely a lot of parts that I don't have at the moment...

I saw that pic just now and got very confused. I didn't remember amber signals. And then realized what was happening. 

wae
wae PowerDork
4/16/22 8:40 p.m.

The two side-jobs that cropped up are finished and out of the workshop and I've got some extra cash money in my pocket.  But the big win is that I can now work on moving der Scheißwagen to a more centered position so that I can re-install the engine.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
4/16/22 9:16 p.m.

My vice at age fifty is I play the powerball and mega millions lottery games. One "play" per drawing so I invest ten bucks per week.. with an abysmal payback for the most part. I usually purchase about five weeks worth of drawings using the same play (one set of numbers, picked by the computer) for all the drawings. I've done this for years and the biggest win I ever saw on a ticket was around $11.

But today I checked my tickets at the grocery store and I had won $202. #winning

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
4/16/22 10:11 p.m.

We're racing next weekend and the race car, truck and trailer are all ready to go.  The weather is supposed to be nice all week so I'm going to be able to hook up the trailer and load the car tomorrow and commute with the motorcycle.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/18/22 9:16 a.m.

Orla the kitten continues to improve, with neuro symptoms definitely reduced. 

Illness was kind of like initiating a "return to factory defaults."

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/18/22 12:14 p.m.

Infowars has filed for bankruptcy.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/18/22 2:19 p.m.
Karacticus said:

Orla the kitten continues to improve, with neuro symptoms definitely reduced. 

Illness was kind of like initiating a "return to factory defaults."

Keep a close eye on them. I'm sure you already know, but I lost one to similar circumstances a few years ago. She even got better and was mostly normal. Then the Neuro came back and she got to the point where she was effectively catatonic and could barely even cry. We elected to let her go- it wasn't fair to her at that point. 

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/18/22 3:40 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

It may yet all end in tears, but we've found her a Mini-Me to keep her company. 

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/18/22 4:19 p.m.

Kittens are tired (it didn't last)

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/18/22 5:40 p.m.

picked up a new rowing machine last week

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/18/22 6:54 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Those are the good ones.  Prices dropped like a rock after one of their patents expired.  I bought a Korean knockoff for fewer dollars a couple of years back that is pretty much equal, but I'd get the concept 2 now.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/18/22 7:26 p.m.

Recently, our local specialty grocery store started stocking Aloha teriyaki sauce again, but only in the restaurant-sized 1 gallon jugs, instead of the small bottles.  I gave in and bought one a little ways back anyway.  Because we had so much of it, we used it as a marinade for a pork tenderloin.  Had it soaking in the fridge for a little under a day.  Best pork tenderloin ever!

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/19/22 4:05 p.m.

My nephew came down today in his 86 and helped me get the Supra on the road for the first time since November. He was excited to take pictures of the cars together. 

Also verified that I could actually get in, out and drive the car just shy of 5 weeks after having my right knee replaced. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/19/22 5:39 p.m.

target liquor store decided I'd been good and deserved a treat. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
4/19/22 8:22 p.m.

Things are always getting better with T1D technology. Today we got a device in the mail that shows current Dexcom data like an alarm clock shows time. It is such a nice tool, especially in the middle of the night. Huge win!

https://customtypeone.com/products/sugarpixel

Double extra win, it is reasonably priced!

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
4/20/22 2:22 p.m.

Youngest went in for ear work this morning, which meant out the door before 5am. Boo.

She didn't need to get tubes in her ears, just a really deep cleaning apparently, and as the real win here, whatever anesthesia they used DIDN'T turn her in to a shebeast from hell when it wore off like the stuff at the dentist does. 

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/20/22 4:03 p.m.

It has taken a few days, but a detente has been reached between primary and auxiliary kittens. I have been given the role of furniture. 

This is totally mugging for the camera. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/21/22 1:18 p.m.

Got my property "all cleaned up", and got the Datsun registered a day early to be in compliance with the city. Cost me $92 for 6 months of insurance, $15 license plate transfer fee, and a few hours of cleaning. My driveway/backyard look the best they have in... months?

Big win.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
4/21/22 1:58 p.m.

I managed to hit affiliate on Twitch. And I ordered a new PC. I still want to build one at some point, but a prebuilt replacement is perfect for the amount of chaos I presently have going on right now.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/21/22 4:01 p.m.

Set a new record this year. Left the house, found my wife an anniversary present appropriate for the year at the local antique store, and was home in less than 45 minutes. Bonus win: they gift wrapped it for me!

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
4/25/22 2:56 p.m.

Annual oncology testing and screening culminated in me being officially cancer free for six years as of today.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/25/22 10:55 p.m.

I didn't expect to change jobs but I was given an offer to join a new company and I decided to take it.  

Giving my notice on Monday and it feels weird to be actually leaving.   That feeling will pass 10 minutes after I start the new job.   

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
4/26/22 1:28 a.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

Congratulations!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TAmK4iTw8Xgn9xPM3H3xG5GQ5s0WT9juKSJRuLNq0NFl1twV6T97I1tReOgwPr0R