CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
11/16/22 4:42 p.m.

I've been having a hell of a month. Wife's been sick. I've been sick. Work. Kids. etc. Yesterday was the first day in a couple weeks that I didn't need to use any cold medicines. I had a good chat with a co-worker about a project that we're working on together and came up with a game plan that might actually work. I also had a nice talk with my son who's been struggling at college. I went from feeling like I was going to have a meltdown to almost normal in about 2 hours time. 

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/16/22 8:00 p.m.

My 16 year old son teaching my 18 year  old daughter to weld.  They are making multiple monitor arms for their PC setups. It's just amazing to see my super impatient son being really patient and supportive with his sister. It helps that she's doing really well. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/16/22 8:31 p.m.

It appears somebody downvoted my delicious sausage post above.

cheeky

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/17/22 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Fixed that for you, buddy

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/17/22 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Why thank you.

Oh, and the sausage links were deep fried, not on the griddle.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/18/22 5:37 p.m.

For the third straight year, my PAX has gotten better 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
11/18/22 6:06 p.m.

A guy at work bought this and let me take it for a spin.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/18/22 6:07 p.m.

In reply to pkingham (Forum Supporter) :

Somebody got an "A" in wood shop (from Meet the Parents movie)

All kidding aside you raised those kids right.

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
11/18/22 7:06 p.m.

I sold both extra race cars this week.  It's like getting paid to enlarge my shop!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/19/22 10:47 a.m.

I successfully moved out of one of my storage lockers this week!

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
11/19/22 1:06 p.m.

Kids A1C went down 1.3 points. It is the lowest it has been since diagnosis. New tools = amazing results. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/21/22 12:59 a.m.

E36 M3 (the car) has run for over 150 miles since replacing the fuel pump  

(Grain of salt: gauges stopped lighting up)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/21/22 4:40 a.m.
NY Nick said:

Kids A1C went down 1.3 points. It is the lowest it has been since diagnosis. New tools = amazing results. 

That's awesome.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/21/22 11:23 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Mine went up by .7, but the good is I think I pinpointed why.

I would usually not take any insulin for lunch under the guise that I would burn it off working. True when it was just a sandwich. Lunch lately has been 2 sandos, chips, apple, etc...

Now I take about 75% of what I should take if I wasn't moving instead of nothing at all. We'll see if I'm right in a few months.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
11/21/22 11:50 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My wife and I work like hell to manage his T1D and it can be really frustrating to get up 3x per night and do a bunch of other decision making and management and not see the results. Getting the Omnipod 5 is the only change in that drop. Other than that we do all the same stuff, same decisions, same food, similar physical activity. That device is pure berkeleying magic. I would bow at the feet of the people that made it.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
11/21/22 1:03 p.m.

I got asked to join a race team today. Vintage Modifieds, an old friend, he has 2 of them and would like me and the family to come to the track with him and help out. I think that would be very cool, I hope I can make that work with the family schedule. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
11/21/22 3:46 p.m.

9 days off in a row. Wooo. Went for a 8 mile hike today and riding up to julian with the HArley club tomorrow. Only about five text from the office. I am very happy. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/22/22 4:22 p.m.

Mastercool flare kit FTW. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/22/22 10:16 p.m.

I talk. Incessantly. Every once in a while it pays off. Rented a Penske box van to pick up my brother's auction winnings, a paintball field.  (Yes, really.) I joked with the counter guy. Went out and got him the mileage, treated him like, you know, a person.

Its about half the cost of a full day rental If you get it back in 3 hours or less. Blew the window by about 15 minutes.

Naw, I saw you pull in over there about 8 minutes ago. It was the "I  know what you just did for me" without acknowledging I know what you just did for me. I did verbally thank him for the solid.

An impatient, angry, or otherwise bad customer would have been paying full boat. It pays to be nice.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
11/22/22 10:49 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

The Fiero lives!!

And it sounds awesome laugh 

Hmmm, and now it doesn't.    Sigh.

Anyone know why a 3800SC motor would run, but then not?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/23/22 2:46 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

I'd start by checking to see if any wires are loose, frayed,  or crushed.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
11/23/22 3:10 a.m.

I bought a new dining room table that's big enough for the family and got it delivered before Thanksgiving which is awesome because we have all the kids and I'm cooking. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/23/22 6:18 a.m.
KyAllroad said:
KyAllroad said:

The Fiero lives!!

Crank sensor? I seem to recall they were kinda bad about those.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/23/22 6:51 a.m.
KyAllroad said:
KyAllroad said:

The Fiero lives!!

Oh, all sorts of reasons.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
11/27/22 8:08 p.m.

Success story - we noticed water in our basement and cut off water to our hot water heater before it did much more than soak what was on the ground, fortunately almost nothing irreplaceable. FIL came down ~12 hours later and helped us replace it, and footed the bill for 1/2 as he has done that for his other kids. So our 20yr old HWH is now gone, new one is fantastic!

2nd win - told wife I was "bench Building" the Courier how I would like to do it, and that it's crazy how expensive it looks - considering I could be starting with free engine (LQ9), transmission (t56), and the car itself. She suggested I save some of the bonus money this spring to go for it! Now, to get the dang Datsun going..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AZTCjggtN6otDDA3ATDbpTx3i0P3pH5pqoHFVOKYrRUl0SzRRE9otTInIbxrolbY