Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/12/22 7:49 a.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

Oh my old Rasputin was/is one of my all time favorites. Where is that??

Pies and Pints at Easton Towne Center.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
12/13/22 8:25 p.m.

Scored a set of weather tech floor mats and window shade on FBM for $100. Early Christmas 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
12/13/22 8:27 p.m.

Finally got a tire changer. Sure it needs new air lines and maybe a touch of welding but I've bought less useful things for $300.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/13/22 10:23 p.m.

A couple of months ago a customer called to ask about his Tundra, which had fired up very loudly that morning, due to his cat being gone.  His father was in today, and mentioned that he had found the cat in his neighbors yard, and had it reinstalled by a local muffler shop.

Minor rant for the first half, minor win for the second half.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/13/22 10:31 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/14/22 12:32 a.m.

Instead of freezing to death chasing a broken wire, I bypassed it using a sedan wiring harness from the junkyard. Not a rig job, wiring soldered. shrink wrapped, and tucked tight to the original. It works great.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
12/15/22 9:25 p.m.

While true to form I didn't leave myself time to do all the work I wanted to before heading out of town tomorrow, I did at least replace an expired motor mount. It was the very first task done on the new lift, and it was glorious.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
12/16/22 12:35 p.m.

My boss just asked me to cancel the last meeting I'm facilitating this year so I'm now T-4.5 hours away from laying a big fatty burnout and starting my sixteen days off.

Infinite Burnout – RacingJunk News

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/17/22 5:56 p.m.

So, the photo is not really all of the win.

The win is, my aging brain connected two thoughts...  I was thinking I needed to clean up the "kitchen" at the shop, because there's stuff without a home.  Then, six hours after talking with a friend about his plans to help his son in law redo his kitchen...

They will even fit.  Tomorrow with the stud finder and a jack, we are good to go.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/17/22 6:29 p.m.

New MIG has a tack function that makes nice rosettes:

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/18/22 10:51 p.m.

New rescue Maine Coon is here. Little Maeve at 18lbs and 2 years old. Had a kitten about 6 months ago so she is amazingly a little underweight but she will fill out to around 21ish lbs over the next year and another 2-3 after that. Total love bug. 

Still brushing the dingleberries out of her butt and getting the knots out of her coat then photos. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
12/19/22 6:07 p.m.

Sold a car, will pay my winter tax bill and let me buy the Datsun a new Brake master cylinder!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/19/22 9:13 p.m.

I watched an idiot in an Infinity (cough, Nissan) driving like a  Nissan driver get nailed by a karma cop.

It brought me immense joy.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/19/22 9:50 p.m.

I typed big and rich into pandora a couple days ago and have be3n seriously enjoying the rock/country from the 90s and early 2000s it is playing. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/20/22 2:00 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Kind of how I came around to Krunk hip hop. Didn't like it initially,  but when the current crop of Tik-Tok mumble rappers hit the scene, I crawled back to Krunk and begged for forgiveness.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/20/22 11:34 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I typed big and rich into pandora a couple days ago and have be3n seriously enjoying the rock/country from the 90s and early 2000s it is playing. 

It always amazes me how much I dislike bro country, and how much I enjoy the roots of bro country. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/20/22 11:44 a.m.
mtn said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

It always amazes me how much I dislike bro country, and how much I enjoy the roots of bro country. 

You have very eloquently put to words what I have been trying to. Thank you.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/20/22 12:54 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

New rescue Maine Coon is here. Little Maeve at 18lbs and 2 years old. Had a kitten about 6 months ago so she is amazingly a little underweight but she will fill out to around 21ish lbs over the next year and another 2-3 after that. Total love bug. 

Still brushing the dingleberries out of her butt and getting the knots out of her coat then photos. 

post bath and heating blanket  very scared but very happy to have a home  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/20/22 1:18 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Looks practically identical to one of ours, Mr. Kitters

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
12/20/22 10:36 p.m.

Brought this home tonight. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/21/22 1:45 p.m.

This came out.

Required turning part of the body orange with the torches, but it came out.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/21/22 1:54 p.m.

I almost posted a meme in response to a theme in the last page. But I didn't. The more and more I looked at it, the more I realized the meme implied that a certain word was ok to use. It's a word I'm not comfortable using, so I didn't. It's a win because I caught it before it was too late.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
12/21/22 11:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That sir is not a minor win. Hell even the fact that it still held something is a win. What per chance did it retain?

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
12/21/22 11:56 p.m.

Steering box by chance?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/22/22 1:35 p.m.

In reply to Nockenwelle :

Old enough to have a steering box, rusty, worth spending money on. Pick two

Rear subframe bolt from the '14 Flex just out of frame.  Have to drop the subframe to get the upper control arms out.

The bushing mounts corrode badly and split.

Bolts not available so it went right back in.  The body will collapse before the bolt does.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D1SQ6fKy0Irvd2sHsXumxZj8iI8ktyYi6g1vDiXL9zQdZLChpd2CzZnJ2hHj0ETn