Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/13/23 11:20 p.m.

I sold the 750 Ninja. Older guy contacted me saying he'd been looking on Craigslist forever for one. He has a stash of Muzzy race bike parts and engines. I keep forgetting that 1983-1994 are throwaway years. Its a 1990, a 34 year old sport bike that's complete. I know its going to a good home because it's new owner has this in his livingroom:

(Yamaha RZ500 V4 2-stroke)

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
2/15/23 8:30 a.m.

I just deleted the LinkedIn app (still have a profile) and turned off all e-mail notifications. Feel like that app had become a detriment to my mental health. Reading non stop about the "hustle and the grind" when I'm burnt out has made me feel worse about things. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue HalfDork
2/15/23 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Good call. I don't know how heavy LinkedIn users find the time to actually do any work in between all the hustling and the grinding they're always droning on about. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/15/23 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Same reason I stopped reading any thread about finances when I  was dead broke.

I've been saving since I was 3. My IR401AKportfoliowonderthing will allow me to retire by age 36. You're dumb for not putting 78% of your pay immediately into stocks is not something I need to be reading after I spent my last dollar on a loaf of bread.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/15/23 4:53 p.m.

Pretty much everything around here is disintegrating except the time with my girlfriend.  She's going on a trip to Disney with her family in April, they're all driving.  She saw an ad for Radwood in Charlotte and asked if I wanted to go and then drop her off to catch the family in SC. If I can get out of work I'll be headed down for the day.  She's trying to decide on costumes in case. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/15/23 5:07 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

Pretty much everything around here is disintegrating except the time with my girlfriend.  She's going on a trip to Disney with her family in April, they're all driving.  She saw an ad for Radwood in Charlotte and asked if I wanted to go and then drop her off to catch the family in SC. If I can get out of work I'll be headed down for the day.  She's trying to decide on costumes in case. 

If this manages to work out and you want I will come over to Charlotte buy you lunch or dinner before you head back North just so I can say I've met Wally

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/15/23 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Well worth the effort, especially if you can snag his girlfriend in the bargain, too!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/15/23 5:18 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) :

Look at you all growns up!

(sorry that's a swingers reference which I know is ancient history in movies terms)

he's groweds up and he's groweds up and he's groweds up!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/15/23 7:14 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

You're so money, and you don't even know it.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
2/15/23 9:16 p.m.

For the first time I've logged on to this forum from something other than my phone.

You cant see who up voted or down voted a post!! Ive been concerned that it would be public knowledge and of the repercussions. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/15/23 9:21 p.m.

I'm probably going to be there until early afternoon, it depends on where we're meeting her family. 

In reply to Duke :

She's the fun one. About an hour after picking up my friend in California I had been relegated to third wheel. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
2/16/23 9:35 a.m.

We've had heavy rain for the last several hours.  Between this and earlier rainfalls, I can pull the Miata out of winter hibernation earlier than usual, as long as the roads don't get salted again.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
2/16/23 9:40 a.m.

I'm probably going to be there until early afternoon, it depends on where we're meeting her family. 

In reply to Duke :

She's the fun one. About an hour after picking up my friend in California I had been relegated to third wheel. 

Count me in for meeting up as well.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/16/23 9:49 a.m.
stafford1500 said:

In reply to Duke :

Count me in for meeting up as well.

So it looks like Saturday April 1st at Hendricks Motorsports. I have it on my calendar and I am looking forward to you and your other half Wally

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/16/23 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

you're like this bear with these big berkeleying fangs and these claws and you're like how do i kill the bunny?

damn i love that movie.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/16/23 3:01 p.m.

Massive raise this year. 23% percent all in if you count he cost of living adjustment they did and the increased bonus target. Very happy camper but I have worked so many extra hours last year. Still have 8 weeks of vacation I have to use sometime in 2023 as well.  New building possibly being built for the site as well. Buys time to stay here and for a move to a gated community if that is what the wife wants after the whole house breaking issues. 

The bad we had a bad employee let go and he made threats yesterday directed at his old boss and he came back to the office. Lots of cops again, two who where at my house and said hi. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/16/23 3:56 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Start trying to schedule time every month of the rest of the year.   Or everyone is frowning when you have 3-1/2 weeks left to burn in December 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/16/23 4:23 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

you're like this bear with these big berkeleying fangs and these claws and you're like how do i kill the bunny?

damn i love that movie.

I've gotten the money and bear speech from a couple of buddies.

“I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey.”

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/16/23 4:30 p.m.

The driver's seat felt awkward. Figured it out. So I  fixed a crushed seat bolster on the drivers seat of Fester, the F150.

Unbolted the cushion, undid the plastic snaps, and stretched the seat foam up. 2 inches. In the garage, I cut an 8x2in. chunk of foam insulation and carved into a bolster shape. Stuff it in under the bolster and test. Cut away a little more foam insulation, reassemble.

BAM! Seat feels perfect.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/16/23 5:38 p.m.

And now I need to rewatch Swingers; it's been a long time.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/16/23 7:13 p.m.

We're either leaving late Thursday or early Friday depending on work so we'll be there sometime Friday evening, and leaving Saturday afternoon/evening to meet her family in South Carolina, I think around Florance.   

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
2/16/23 11:24 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

There's a Buckee's at Florence. 

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/17/23 12:40 a.m.

Our plane tried to explode, so we got an all expenses paid extra night in Honolulu 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/17/23 1:57 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

There was a point in my life that I would have been disappointed that it didn't.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/17/23 4:02 a.m.

In reply to M2Pilot :

That's why they're stopping there, they are dying to see one. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vq2W1CFTcQ0WnOkt0ZnPa3edNs9ziaAXSWyYAtO2WkBF9eC3f0VKiDQNWpdC4SeQ