2 3 4 5 6
mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/23/16 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Mike:

I was considering that for this summer. I have to Georgia to get to Michigan because of my dumb overachieving kid anyway.

In reply to Dusterbird:

Formal announcement after papers are signed. I don't want to have another Aerowagon situation.

Mike
Mike Dork
2/23/16 10:10 p.m.

I just found myself digging through old social media posts of mine and came across this.

I'm trying to imagine a world that would support this product. It's a toilet, spoiler alert. It still amuses me, and Kohler still has it on their site.

http://www.kohler.com/numi/images/videos/numi_web.mp4

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
2/23/16 11:53 p.m.
Mike wrote: I just found myself digging through old social media posts of mine and came across this. I'm trying to imagine a world that would support this product. It's a toilet, spoiler alert. It still amuses me, and Kohler still has it on their site. http://www.kohler.com/numi/images/videos/numi_web.mp4

You gotta be E36 M3ting me.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/24/16 12:11 a.m.

I'm really hoping the heated seat and foot warmers are methane-powered.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/24/16 9:34 a.m.

Oooooh! Do tell! I seem to have missed this acquisition!

BlueInGreen44 wrote: There's a new face in the family driveway.
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/24/16 9:38 a.m.

I put about 40 miles on the Saab yesterday. I really, really like that car

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/24/16 9:49 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

Picked it up on Sunday from a GRMer in Novi

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek New Reader
2/24/16 11:18 a.m.

I'm making progress on the $2016 Challenge RaceVan. Sure, I'm only removing interior pieces and bolt on parts. But it feels really good to be making progress almost every night. It gives me hope that I might actually get it done in time for the Challenge. I'll call that a minor win.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/24/16 2:15 p.m.

GRMers are the best!

Any kind of a build thread to follow?

BlueInGreen44 wrote: In reply to paranoid_android74: Picked it up on Sunday from a GRMer in Novi
BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/24/16 5:10 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: GRMers are the best! Any kind of a build thread to follow?
BlueInGreen44 wrote: In reply to paranoid_android74: Picked it up on Sunday from a GRMer in Novi

Not yet.

I did drive it to work today. That was entertaining Winter fun for the (minor) win!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/24/16 7:43 p.m.

Was bored at work. Now have three jobs? Win?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/24/16 9:21 p.m.

Win for Keith: the Mini is once again self-propelled after a number of old British car symptoms were vanquished.

Now we do the Mini cheer. Everybody! Snort snort bwaaaaaahhhh!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/24/16 10:15 p.m.

The small wins are all that's keeping me going right now, but I rode the motorcycle on February 24th in a sweatshirt. That felt good.

RedGT
RedGT Reader
2/25/16 7:47 a.m.

I discovered that I once again own a car that is common in the local U-Pull yards. This weekend is gonna be fun. (Miatas, Vibes - nonexistent. Subaru - had a professional dismantler 5 min from my house. Haven't had an excuse to go to a yard in about 3 years.)

logdog
logdog SuperDork
2/25/16 6:32 p.m.

I replaced the distributor in my 5.7 Shaggin Wagon and it only took 2 tries to get the Cam retard set to spec without a scan tool.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/26/16 6:53 p.m.

My wife and daughter cleaned out the elky and got it loaded so I could make the autocross tomorrow. I just got home from work and thought I wouldn't be able to go due to no prep time.

They are absolutely fantastic women.

My wife even offered to get up early to make sure I have breakfast and get on the road in time.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/26/16 8:16 p.m.

My truck drove home under its own power without any dumb driveability issues. they may re start tomorrow but ill call it a win for atleast 12 hours.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
2/26/16 10:06 p.m.

Fixed the slow drip on the water heater, the stupid sweat in copper union even sealed on the first try! Last time I had that apart I had to put pipe dope on the berkeleyer to get it to seal.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/27/16 7:51 p.m.

I had a blast at the autocross. Second in class. Only guy that beat me had more money in his "65 f100" than I have in my house.

And the elky came home under it's own power and needs no fixing other than what it needed before the event. First time I've come home from the track like this in over a decade.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/27/16 8:03 p.m.

I vacuumed the house today!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
2/27/16 8:25 p.m.

I cleaned my Accord and washed my garage floor today. It feels good.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
2/27/16 8:27 p.m.

The roof on SanFord is to the point that it should no longer leak.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
2/27/16 8:41 p.m.

Got a new roof on the hoose today.

photo 222596FC-2681-4172-866D-D59841338311_zpswmkb8893.jpg

Thank goodness for good insurance or this would have been in the rant thread.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
2/27/16 9:00 p.m.
Duke wrote: I vacuumed the house today!

Me too!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/27/16 9:45 p.m.

So a week ago I bought, and drove about 60 miles home, a '95 M3 for $1500. That's a minor win right there.

The whole drive home I was leery of the loose ball joint on the driver's side, but what really concerned me was the helicopter sound at steady throttle, which got louder when coasting in gear. Today I dropped the exhaust so I could replace the driveshaft center support, but I couldn't see or feel anything wrong with any part of the driveshaft. I did notice, when removing the 3 E46M3 19" rims and the 1 E36M3 17" rim, that the lugs were not very tight on any of the rims. So I bolted on a matching set of 17s with some worn-out Blizzaks, torqued the lugs, and went for a drive. WTF, no helicopter noises! So that's my minor win for today.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aUZVmbxhut9fE0Mt5LvqVotSmwk00TtkvutFVOHU7T1PDSvXOSJ3F1BlxYhl3QPk