alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/19/18 10:33 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Would make sense, but I had always done eggs on a cooktop. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
1/19/18 4:19 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to alfadriver :

For some reason I thought you learned the lesson I did just after high school. 

28 seconds to hard boil in the shell, 31 to scramble it all over the microwave.  

Someone jokingly gave me an old microwave as a graduation present, so we put all the things you're not supposed to put in a microwave in it. If we could have grown up a couple years later, that's now a pretty big YouTube channel.

Ever microwave a CD? It is by far the most entertaining way to ruin a CD and a microwave simultaneously. laugh

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
1/19/18 5:46 p.m.

I've been gutting one of my basement rooms to turn into a workshop, it was originally framed and had wood paneling for a bedroom but it is too damp and I'd rather have a workshop. Today while removing framing I found a 1oz 10 carat gold coin. Hooray $500 scrap value!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
1/19/18 9:05 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Dagnabit!

Just trashed the microwave from the breakroom earlier this week.

It worked, but wouldn't turn off.

I could've nuked all sorts of fun things. Never crossed my mind.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
1/19/18 9:11 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

You missed a golden opportunity to make your own lightning. 

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
1/19/18 9:11 p.m.

Egg and omelet ingredients in a ziplock bag, microwave and enjoy a good omelet.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
1/20/18 6:21 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

If youtube had been around when I was a kid I could have either been rich or unemployable.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
1/20/18 11:50 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to SaltyDog :

You missed a golden opportunity to make your own lightning. 

I'm seeing an episode of Star Trek!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
1/20/18 1:06 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

I’ve got to know, who in the world makes a 10 kt gold coin?

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/20/18 6:59 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

It was made by Columbia Mint, apparently it was a company that did collectables like Franklin Mint. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
1/20/18 8:17 p.m.

13 kids ranging from 6-10 in my house for my twins birthday party today and no broken kids or windows! 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/20/18 9:38 p.m.

Coping roll cage tubes with a portaband worked like a champ!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
1/20/18 9:45 p.m.

I found a replacement door for my Miata, and it's the right color! And a trunk lid without the factory rack. 

What I really need is front fenders, but finding anything in Sunburst Yellow is a win.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
1/21/18 4:42 p.m.

I made these brownies today, with Ghirardelli cocoa powder. 

Yes, that is a win. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
1/21/18 4:58 p.m.

The stock lower radiator hose fit the engine swap perfectly. 

And i scored some rusty, used flex exhaust pipe off the side of the road. Apparently it fell off of something. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
1/22/18 10:36 a.m.

The $300 plasma cutter just keeps proving that it was worth spending the money on.

Has 2 really rusted and rounded exhaust nuts last night, plasma cut the nuts right off and now it's the exhaust is apart. Have to remove the studs from the other side now, but the nuts are off at least. 

docwyte
docwyte SuperDork
1/22/18 11:11 a.m.

Decided to sell the supercharger I bought for the M3.  Posted ad Friday morning, conversation with potential buyer Friday afternoon.  He comes by Saturday morning and buys it.  Not only that, he brings his 4 year old son and we proceed to have an impromptu playdate with my 4 year old son. 

Made out pretty well on the supercharger too, which paid for more than half of the MCS double adjustable suspension I also bought recently.

Win, win, win!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/18 1:43 p.m.

The scumbag funeral director who ripped off my Dad for $20,600 in pre-paid funeral expenses was arraigned this morning on 84 felony counts. There were over 50 other victims w/ a total ripoff of over $284K. Scumbag would accept pre-paid funeral money but never put it in escrow w/ the insurance company. He co-mingled it w/ personal or business expenses or just plain old spent it, then went bankrupt. More victims are expected to come forward.

I doubt Dad will recoup any money in his lifetime tho. He had to pay over $13K out of pocket to bury Mom in November.

Scumbag is in jail today, no lawyer as of yet and no bail money. Rot in hell motherberkeleyer!!

Not much of a win... but a damn good start.

edit: scumbag is on $500K straight bond, who gonna touch that?

Dad's interview made the top ten minutes of 6 o'clock TV news. surprise

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/22/18 1:59 p.m.

Never got to post this picture, because it was always a pain. Buuut here goes:

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
1/22/18 2:59 p.m.

I got to spend a number of hours building the Lego Saturn V with my 3 year old. She had a blast. Scratch that - we both had a blast. She was alternately very studious and following along or playing with the pieces I didn't need yet.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
1/22/18 8:25 p.m.

So Saturday marked 3 months of G35 ownership, so I decided to chart the maintenance costs.

Front pads: $28

Oil change: $19

Winter tires: $120

Total: $167

Damn, it's great having something that just works.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
1/23/18 8:57 a.m.
Casual Six said:

Damn, it's great having something that just works.

I wish I knew what that was like.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
1/23/18 8:58 a.m.
MazdaFace said:

Never got to post this picture, because it was always a pain. Buuut here goes:

Congrats!

I proposed the day after I got home from the challenge, but have yet to post pictures... :/ I think you all will appreciate how I did it though whenever I do get around to posting pictures. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/23/18 9:06 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Thanks! She wanted to do nice xmas photos this year, so I set everything up with the photographer & bought a ring. The only people in on it were myself & the photographer. Took her totally by surprise; she just thought we were there to get nice pictures for our christmas cards.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
1/23/18 9:39 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Smooth! I really need to write mine up and upload the pictures. I suppose there's not much to write... I should just do it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tx0siJ1T6KiSFP9mICQpGC2PBKTZnIcNbWaeluLP0LCEH65vrU1hvDuETcBazJEZ