MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/17/18 4:32 p.m.

Minor win of the day: Sold a 2011 Mini Clubman S hampton edition. Which means... I got to test drive it. Super cool fun little car with a surprising amount of room in the back seat.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/17/18 4:50 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

The Gumbo recipe I used

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/19/18 10:56 p.m.

I just got the engine and trans mounted up in my mr2 spyder! Still a lot to do but it’s a big milestone. 

NickD
NickD UltraDork
2/20/18 7:24 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/21/18 5:06 p.m.

There is nothing quite like a great, big, satisfying dump at the end of the day. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/21/18 7:32 p.m.

Not quite as satisfying as a big dump, but I did manage to get my work inbox down from 120 to 11 emails today. Took 10 hours to process all that stuff. What a relief to have it done though, much like a big dump.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/21/18 7:39 p.m.

For about a month now I've been trying to remember which song from my youth contained the vocalist exclaiming "it ain't for everybody!"  I was almost sure it was from a live Stevie Ray Vaughan recording, but today Pandora played it for me:  Molly Hatchet "Flirtin' With Disaster"

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/21/18 7:58 p.m.

Made chicken stew tonight. I let the kids know that we could eat at 5:30 when we got home or we could delay 45 minutes and I'd make dumplings too. Unanimous decision to wait for dumplings. Those kids know what's what.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
2/21/18 8:10 p.m.

My kids are awesome. That's all. Carry on.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
2/22/18 12:06 p.m.

The safety shoe mobile came to work today and work bought me some nice looking safety shoes. Win!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/23/18 6:58 p.m.

Mom's husband was diagnosed with lung cancer recently. He had an operation today and they are pretty sure they were able to get it all. Test next week to make sure but they were optimistic.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
2/24/18 12:22 p.m.

The dealership I work at has been doing a television ad campaign highlighting individual employees and showing them at work and then partaking in whatever their hobby is. Yesterday the sales manager CJ comes up to me and tells me that people noticed that none of the ads dealt with technicians, so they want me, being one of the younger and more presentable techs, to do an ad. I ask what I have to do and he replies with "What's your hobby?" Easy, autocrossing. So I guess this summer I get to drag a film crew to an autocross, and me and my Miata will be on TV. I wonder if it's going to be an issue that I race a brand that none of our dealerships sell

Dirtydog
Dirtydog HalfDork
2/24/18 2:07 p.m.

Brake job is done.  Now my daughter,can safely use her car, and give mine a break.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/24/18 3:13 p.m.
Dirtydog said:

Brake job is done.  Now my daughter,can safely use her car, and give mine a break.

ha. pun intended I assume

Dirtydog
Dirtydog HalfDork
2/24/18 4:04 p.m.

Not very punny, but true.

CJ
CJ New Reader
2/24/18 4:24 p.m.

Today, I was looking at a tool catalog and reached out to tap the star rating to see what people thought about it... it was a paper catalog... 

The win is that I realized it was paper before I did.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
2/24/18 9:06 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Maybe they'll let you take one from the dealership for the day. 

The old saying of race on Sunday sell on Monday.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
2/25/18 7:21 a.m.
wlkelley3 said:

In reply to NickD :

Maybe they'll let you take one from the dealership for the day. 

The old saying of race on Sunday sell on Monday.

Well, I work for GM. So maybe I can take a Corvette or Camaro. If they try and make me take a Sonic or Cruze, the ad is off.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
2/26/18 8:22 a.m.

Summit isn't making me pay return shipping on a part I ordered wrong. 

Karacticus
Karacticus HalfDork
2/26/18 9:44 a.m.

The 328xi SES lit and the engine started to misfire under load (and at idle) about 30 miles into a 200 mile total return trip.  Got me all the way out, and the misfire didn't return until about 30 miles from home, so made it.

Scanner said misfire #5.  Realized I had a spare set of plugs in hand and the Z4 that's garaged for the winter has the same N52 motor, using the same coils.  At 160,000 miles on those coils, they don't owe me anything, so after replacing the plugs, swapped all the coils in from the Z4.

Car ran great on the commute in this morning!  New OEM Bosch coils for the Z4 should be here on Thursday.

I can see the attraction of running a fleet operation...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/26/18 4:25 p.m.

I'm going to a show tonight.

And yes, my first name is Hugh.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
3/4/18 11:55 a.m.

I'm at an autocross!

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/4/18 11:59 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I'm going to a show tonight.

And yes, my first name is Hugh.

I’m hoping you gave the Rection as your last name.  

“Hugh G. Rection to the ticket window please.  We’re looking for Hugh G. Rection...” 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
3/4/18 12:45 p.m.

After two days of 60mph winds I found half a tan roof shingle in my driveway, my roof is tan. Climbed on the roof today and found no missing shingles. Hell yea!

Paul B

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/4/18 2:46 p.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

Chances are it is one of the underlying shingles from the double layer that is laid along the bottom edge of the roofline. We had several pop loose in the winds over the last few days. At a glance it won't look like any are missing. 

If it had a clean cut edge on both sides, it is most likely to be from an outside corner.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZOGN7dnVezFvVPGBzd3xQVRANWcETfkXFrGgZcfjkQSuIiHS4t1idyX8ZoQfIO2p