AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/18/18 2:12 p.m.

local dealer price on roller assembly for sliding door on mama's Odyssey is same as best i could find on the www, so i didn't have to ask for price match!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
9/19/18 4:46 a.m.

6 plywood crates stuffed with our E36 M3, after hitching a ride on a boat and two trucks (at least) is now here, and being unloaded.

i.e. I have tools again!

also, the locals doing the unloading/unpacking have been a riot

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/19/18 8:35 a.m.

Xbox rewards turned into Microsoft rewards. If you game or use Windows much, surely you've heard of it. Well on searches alone through Bing, a search engine that I despise, you can earn 7500 points per month. That's a bit more than you need for a $5 target gift card, but also a bit more than you need for Xbox live or game pass subscriptions. With daily streaks and bonus points, you can double your earnings every month and pay for both services, with a few points left over. 

I have found the wonders of automating the 50 searches you need to do every day to earn the points. Now all I have to do is open an app and a website every day, and I can game for free. (20 mobile searches, 30 pc searches)

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/19/18 9:34 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Care to share?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/18 1:57 p.m.

I'm in the top 10 on the leader board. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
9/19/18 2:00 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

In reply to RevRico :

Care to share?

I'm using This bot. Handles pc and mobile searches for up to 5 different accounts.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
9/19/18 9:02 p.m.

The Wife started PT today. It’s the first time she’s put weight on her left foot since April and she can walk about 15 ft at a time with a walker. It’s a start.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/19/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

That's fantastic news! yes Hope her recovery progresses quickly and things get back to semi-normal for you soon

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/19/18 9:10 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

berkeleyin Ay!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/19/18 10:43 p.m.

I got a new grille for the SE.  $22 shipped. yes Unfortunately the hood won't fully unlatch because I glanced away from the truck in front of me and heard a crunch.  Didn't actually feel anything at 2 mph but it was enough to push the grille and headlamp back a bit without breaking either and make the secondary latch not work. no  Oh well.  I also bought a pull-a-long which I've always wanted to have in the arsenal which I'll use to move things forward again and that'll maybe involve sawing away the grille first.  I wish I felt as upbeat about electrical gremlins. cool Fortunately the hood wasn't marked along the front so hopefully it's all well.  The slam panel is obviously twisted so that'll be a cool little project.  Maybe time to buy an HF spot welder.  Strange minor win I know. blush

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/18 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

As someone who's lost the ability to walk unassisted, (ACL reconstruction) I know firsthand, the joy of a few steps without crutches. It has few equals. 

Tell her we are pulling for her.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/20/18 12:05 p.m.

Doppler looked good this morning and doc said we don't have to drive across the state for an in-utero blood transfusion. Big relief.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/22/18 8:03 p.m.

Kazoo Jr. scored his first "podium finish" at today's autocross.  3rd of six, but a podium none-the-less.  Equally important, he still hasn't beat the "old man", but he's close.  (I was 2nd)

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/22/18 8:48 p.m.

Took a bicycle ride for the first time since i broke my foot/was diagnosed with gout and midfoot arthirits 6 months ago and i didnt die.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/24/18 9:48 a.m.

Just got back from a much needed two night getaway. Slept under the stars on night one, saw half a dozen deer, hiked into the forest till it was so thick I couldn't see 20 feet. Close friends. The night sky from high in the rockies. I really needed it and I feel re-energized. 6 day work week, bring it on.

Go to Fish Lake national forest. It is worth the drive.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/24/18 9:57 a.m.
dropstep said:

Took a bicycle ride for the first time since i broke my foot/was diagnosed with gout and midfoot arthirits 6 months ago and i didnt die.

You need to pick up the pace! devil

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
9/24/18 10:20 a.m.

Took the new car out to its first event under my ownership yesterday. It did great and was very composed despite being on well worn Rivals. Managed 2nd in raw and pax. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
9/24/18 4:10 p.m.

I realized that in the course of a few days I went from "I can't drive stick" to "I'm pretty awful at it".

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/24/18 4:49 p.m.

Credit score went over 650 this weekend which pre-qualified me for an apartment. Unfortunately the unit I wanted from four months ago rented after being empty for eight years. However it was to an employee that didn't work out and he may be gone already. So here's hoping. If I'm super lucky I could move next week. Stoked.smiley

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/24/18 5:05 p.m.

Found a replacement OtterBox for my ancient S4 at Goodwill,  brand new. Orange and bro-camouflage, but I don't care, it was $2.00!

jharry3
jharry3 Reader
9/24/18 5:14 p.m.

My daughter got fired from her job.  It was a college part time job.   Owner wanted someone to work the chocolate shop, clean up, and also write a blog on the internet.  Owner told my daughter she was the best writer she ever saw.  (this is true , my daughter is a very good writer, National Honor Society, etc). 

Two days later the owner starts screaming at my daughter that she isn't mopping the floor right and fired her.   (???)

My daughter was pretty upset but I told her that woman did her a big favor, plus is probably crazy, and she doesn't have to put up with that behavior anyway.

Its a win for her to learn this.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
9/24/18 9:25 p.m.

My off-brand 3 wheeler project runs!  I had not touched the carb before tonight and who knows how long it had been sitting before I bought it a month ago. 1970s Commuter TE380.  It has an old Kohler 8 horse and salsbury torque converter which sticks engaged (next little project). The 8 and 10 yr old junior Crxpilots didn’t like the faded orange fiberglass so one chose green paint and the other chose blue. Right now it’s rustoleum seaside which should be close to the base color in the Gulf livery.

It has some farmer-grade straight pipe exhaust and spits flames on decel. I’m shopping for an atv throttle or motorcycle twist throttle. If you have either one cheap and in decent shape, hit me up. It would make a little kid smile (and my kids). After throttle and torque converter are sorted I’ll try to fabricate a simple seat.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/25/18 12:05 p.m.

I got a lead on the biggest piece of the puzzle to get back moving on my Quantum!

And all it took was another person putting his XR4Ti for sale.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
9/25/18 5:23 p.m.

I had my first red light GRM conversation because of GRM bumper stickers. Added bonus was the November issue in my mailbox when I got home. It's been a Grassrooty kinda day. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/28/18 6:22 p.m.

Modern medicine.

5lbs, 11oz, 19"

Just hope we can bring her home soon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
we5tZa3HMdJSgDPdPTMe3uugY58UqY8of8BCzzeeSMOwcRVDxf3dE00GWZtWOTba