is it possible to double thumbs up?  Nissan fanboi here. smiley

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/11/19 8:07 p.m.

Very good indeed. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
1/12/19 7:40 a.m.

Wasn't sure if I should put this in the rant or the win but the end result wis something I think I'll like despite the roller coaster of a day. Got called into the office yesterday and informed that corporate is eliminating my position. But all is not lost. They offered to train me on heavy equipment and give me a raise. So Friday I was the purchasing agent and Monday I'll be driving a cat 980k. The 12 year old in me is hyped to be driving this beast and the adult in me loves the raise. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/12/19 4:43 p.m.

got the stickers for Lyft today but probably won't start until next weekend.  Freedom! smiley

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/13/19 8:50 a.m.

So we are Hamilton fans. Both the driver and the musical. 

Back in July, Lin-Manuel Miranda announces that he was going to put on the show in Puerto Rico. And this was a year where we spend Christmas there. So we altered our plans to see it, well before tickets were available. 

In early November we managed to get two!

Today is the day, the final day of a 3 week Christmas vacation, and we are seeing Hamilton in about 3 hours!!!!

Yes, I am excited!

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
1/15/19 6:23 p.m.

Minor win: my del monicos I cooked for dinner were a living cow yesterday.

Major win: 3 hours in the sous vide at 125 made them buttery tender and perfectly cooked.

Hot water, who knew?

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
1/15/19 6:26 p.m.

so this thing is amazing to drive 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/17/19 10:49 p.m.

This is going to be my first year at the Toronto Autoshow as a working journalist and not just as an attendee. I'm pretty stoked.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/17/19 10:54 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Congrats dude.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/21/19 5:31 p.m.

PIEROGIE.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/21/19 9:31 p.m.

A vintage bicycle I tried to buy in November and the guy wouldn't budge off 150 bucks was purchased in an auction lot by a local thrift store and my buddy picked it up for me in exchange for a spare blue bike tire. He paid 10 bucks 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
1/23/19 1:42 p.m.

2 days in a row with no accidents. We're getting there child. It's about damn time. 

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
1/23/19 7:21 p.m.

I just bought a set of OEM Nissan wheels almost 3x rarer than R34 GT-R wheels. They should arrive from Japan in 2 weeks!

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
1/24/19 9:29 p.m.

I did some stuff today, and now there's a pizza on its way here.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
1/24/19 9:35 p.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

I think it's classed HS, provided your treadwear rating is over 200.

Awesome, congrats!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/25/19 9:16 a.m.

So we are obsessed.  Just got tickets to see Hamilton, again. In Detroit this time.

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
1/25/19 11:54 a.m.

The local REC just called to tell me I'm getting a $480 utility credit to cover a portion of my car charger purchase and install!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/25/19 12:58 p.m.
alfadriver said:

So we are obsessed.  Just got tickets to see Hamilton, again. In Detroit this time.

I wish I could see it again. And again. And again.... I've seen it twice now, and will go again as soon as I can. I think my wife has seen it 4 times, definitely 3 times.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/19 1:21 p.m.
mtn said:
alfadriver said:

I wish I could see it again. And again. And again.... I've seen it twice now, and will go again as soon as I can. I think my wife has seen it 4 times, definitely 3 times.

This idea is so completely outside of my world view that I cannot adequately express my thoughts.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/25/19 1:57 p.m.
Duke said:
mtn said:
alfadriver said:

This idea is so completely outside of my world view that I cannot adequately express my thoughts.

Never seen a movie twice? Or gone to see a favorite band multiple times? 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/25/19 2:27 p.m.

So I got a letter from the county treasurer addressed to the former owner of my house at my address.  I have owned the house almost 4 years now.  

Stopped by the courthouse to see what's up. Turned out she hasn't updated her address online for her car registration and it was accidentally sent to me. No big deal.

Now Bobby, the county treasurer, and I are on a first name basis thanks to all the cars I have run through her office.  I was expecting that. 

What I wasn't expecting was that I am apparently also on a first name basis with the Director of Equalization because he really likes my place and the Sheriff because he remembers me from having to approve my wife's and my carry permits. I really enjoy living in the country. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/25/19 2:46 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

What the hell is a "Director of Equalization"? and what do they do? I live in the Commonwealth of PA and we don't have that one.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/25/19 2:50 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

That's the guy who decides that your property is worth and how much you owe in property taxes. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/25/19 11:25 p.m.

That is definitely a man to be on a first name basis with. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
1/25/19 11:28 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

We call that the tax assesor, and in my county they haven't done it in 2 decades, they are threatening to though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jopeFe76auCtX4Uijh5bv3x8EVzQEJWnGc7zNsT9YjY4FQbITt1CAXmuRa0D1xI2