AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
7/1/19 8:21 a.m.

My friend Mark let me co-drive his Fast Forward Supercharged NA miata at a PCA autocross on Saturday. Very confusing course, but a fun time!

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/1/19 9:11 a.m.

Mentioned to my wife a couple weeks ago that there was a vintage motorcycle race weekend locally this weekend, but didnt really expect much (she's been a bit against bike racing, historically).

She reminded me on Friday, so we went for a few hours on Saturday and she LOVED it, especially the CB160 and historic sidecar classes. Said going and watching made her feel more excited about riding and more confident on the bike.

So now I'm thinking about building a racing sidecar rig.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/1/19 3:20 p.m.

I bonked the right front into a curb in Columbus yesterday.  (Turning radius of teh R is wider than the U turn areas on Broad).  Could have sworn it affected the alignment.

...Okay, turns out I cannot upload photos.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
7/1/19 3:49 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Volvo strong! You will now get a bill from the city for curb repair.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/1/19 4:32 p.m.

GF was driving us home late after date night last night and I spotted a push mower with a free sign on it about 10 houses away from ours. We u-turned and it was an electric mower from like the 1970's that the sign claimed "works great!". Since I lost my mower in the divorce last year, and free is my favorite price, I pushed that ish home in the middle of the street in my button-down and slacks jibbering to myself like an idiot.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/2/19 7:32 a.m.

The HR Representative didn't immediately tell me to pack sand when I called. She's probably going to tell me that when and if she calls back. But that's later. She did say the position I was asking about was still open but the guy over that department is on vacation. 

So this is either a win in progress or a delayed loss. For probably the first time in recent years I'm going to choose to be optimistic. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/2/19 8:14 a.m.

duster gave me props

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/2/19 8:20 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I felt i needed to offset the amount of ball busting ive been doing lately.  

My win: i may actually be learning balance in life!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/2/19 1:01 p.m.

I splurged.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
7/2/19 3:49 p.m.

My oldest son, 16, posted a video to his YT channel and has gotten 22K views in one week.  I am glad that something he has put time and effort into has rewarded him, but YT?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/2/19 4:12 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

My oldest son, 16, posted a video to his YT channel and has gotten 22K views in one week.  I am glad that something he has put time and effort into has rewarded him, but YT?

Holy crap man, I've spent the better part of 8 months building my YT channel and my best video from that time has just over 1k views, most don't crack 25 despite all of 164 subscribers. He done good!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/2/19 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I had one of the top ten viewed videos of the week once.

It was a gaming video.  And it was like 2006.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/2/19 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Dude you're like OG YT there! Pre Google days!

BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
7/2/19 7:41 p.m.
Knurled. said:

I bonked the right front into a curb in Columbus yesterday.  (Turning radius of teh R is wider than the U turn areas on Broad).  Could have sworn it affected the alignment.

...Okay, turns out I cannot upload photos.

Maybe it was off before and you fixed it!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
7/2/19 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

It’s a Minecraft vid and it really shocked him. 

https://youtu.be/ZbxRGgmxEr8

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/2/19 7:58 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Dude you're like OG YT there! Pre Google days!

Yes.  And my YT account being merged with my Gmail account annoyed me mightily.

Heh, after 12 years it still has only 997 views!

Let's bump it over a thousand.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
7/2/19 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Plus one 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/2/19 11:24 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/3/19 12:19 a.m.

Do I win?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
7/3/19 9:09 a.m.

Got the spousal unit approval for buying a new tractor and the dealership was able to find one on a lot close enough to transfer. Still going to have a trip to get it, but won't have to wait 3-5 weeks for one to come in.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/3/19 9:46 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. and Javelin :

Not my own video, but the street review video of my Rotrex blown Miata now has over 14k videos. It's by far the most-viewed video on the guy's channel (DriveItRyan). Also, if you google search Rotrex Miata, 2 of the 4 video search samples it throws up are of my car (said street review and the Slip Angle track testing)

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/3/19 1:15 p.m.
BlindPirate said:
Knurled. said:

Maybe it was off before and you fixed it!

Numbers are exactly where they were a month or so ago when we threw my car on our shiny new alignment rack as a teaching aid.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
7/3/19 1:44 p.m.

Looks like the highest viewed video on my channel is 24,309. I really need to get some more projects started and filming. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/3/19 4:23 p.m.

I don't have all the answers. In fact, most days I'd argue I don't have any answers. But this morning, for just a few hours...

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/6/19 11:35 a.m.

Spare 4wd Dodge 46re sold in 24 hours for full asking price. Pretty ok with that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EsTaNIPl1Ga4VQme5nbxFw3ZjCLs7uxaCjd2Wk5eIIEaJdXXjTYyGguIBbwI4d34