Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/6/19 11:47 a.m.

I have fixed the dangerously bad headlights in my daily mazda6. And the horribly reassembled accident repair. 

For $40 bucks. Im happy with that.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/6/19 11:26 p.m.

Replaced the clutch in little bros Impreza. Failed throw-out bearing. 6 hours from start to finish, not too bad for pulling an engine on a car I’ve never worked on before. I don’t care for the car but with the ease of working on them I can at least now see the appeal. If only it hadn’t been 105 out today. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/7/19 1:50 p.m.

My half price Hoosiers have been picked up.   Time to finish up the STR season (for local championship purposes) and then start railing these poor bastards in CSP and getting all the parking lot glory!  Muahahahahaha!

Dusterbd13-michael
7/7/19 5:14 p.m.

This will sound canoe-ish

Heard a radio ad for the getupside app. Download it, and in the last month made $40 in returns from it. Just posted to my PayPal account, so it didn't rip me off! 

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/8/19 8:23 p.m.

I looked out the back window of my fiance and I's new house yesterday, to see my cars/stuff, in my garage, from my dining room.. Despite the fact that our bathroom is in a million pieces, it was a good moment. We've been really lucky to be able to get where we are.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
7/9/19 10:18 a.m.

The problem house down the street appears to be clearing out. All the cars are gone from the back yard along with the dogs. This makes me happy.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/10/19 6:04 p.m.

Sold my street Miata today.  This young man drove up from Bristol Tennessee to pick it up.   Because i’m sort of a nice guy I even filled it up before he got here.  It was nice to meet a young enthusiast (he’s just 17) who is sold on Mazda magic.   I told him about autocross and he may start doing that with the ETR gang.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/10/19 8:14 p.m.

Company team-building event.  I was the guy who brought his own helmet.  Fortunately, I was also the guy who brought mad skills.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/11/19 5:17 a.m.

Finally cracked the 80-second barrier at Pineview Run with a 1:19.243 second lap during the Challenge Cup last night

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/12/19 7:42 a.m.

Had to call off prior engagements after work, but:

Fixed the crankshaft oil seal leak in the daily. 

Diagnosed and fixed the erratic spark condition in the motorcycle. 

Picked up all my tools out of the communal space.

And still got to bed at a decent hour.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/12/19 12:23 p.m.

Waited until the last minute to register for a TNiA event at Gingerman.  This morning I received the bring a buddy for free e-mail.   Best part is the buddy I'm bringing is my daughter.  We will be sharing my new to me 08 Mustang.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/12/19 7:59 p.m.

The person I work with who I had an "interpersonal discrepancy" with earlier this week is on good terms with me again.

Got a notice in my e-mail from my credit card company that I needed to update my income information, and I did some math and realized that I had to double the number that they still thought I made.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
7/12/19 10:38 p.m.

Cracked a fresh Mallört, paired with Noodles and Company.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
7/14/19 8:26 a.m.

Or how I learned to stop worrying and embrace the K cup.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/14/19 8:34 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

I think that is great!  I love to see young kids fired up with this hobby/disease.

At the Downers Grove car show on Friday night (fairly large gathering) two teenagers were buzzing down Main Street on those motorized bicycles you build at home.

I am sure some were annoyed and maybe thought it was illegal but I still thought it was awesome to see kids messing with engines and wheels.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
7/14/19 8:55 a.m.

TIL that I can flip eggs like a boss.

Dusterbd13-michael
7/14/19 9:36 a.m.

2 gallons of superclean, an hour with a pressure washer. Dustin is gonna be suprised when he sees that his truck is actually almost pleasant to work on.

No E36 M3, the entire engine bay was black. Firewall, valve covers, etc. 2 inches of built up filth on the frame and accessories, etc. He bought a cheap, running 85 silverado with a v8, that needed an engine (flexplate broke) and a full brake system (bad flex lines) and a buch if electrical system work (holy berkeley thats hacked). We were si filthy from the flexplate i refused to work on it anymore or allow it to be on my lift for fear of the biohazard spreading across the shop.

Much much more better now.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/14/19 9:59 a.m.

I spent 4 hours yesterday ripping apart the ignition system of the hearse chasing a terrible misfire that started while swapping out thermostats.  Figured I dumped too much water on the opti.

It was just low on gas frown

I was going to put this in the minor rants thread but found this thread first, I guess this is a win.

Back to diagnosing the original boiling over problem.

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/14/19 12:55 p.m.

Well I guess I'm buying a project sight unseen.... Was trying to figure out trailer logistics and the owner said he would deliver for gas, in his 28' enclosed trailer. I'll call that a win! 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
7/14/19 5:18 p.m.

Fixed the fuel level sensor on my Silverado for free. Just had to change a pin. Having a working gas gauge after not having one since March is liberating. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/14/19 6:32 p.m.

Autocrossed today and when I put on my cone day shorts I found $14 that had gone through the wash.

Towed the club trailer to the event so I got a free entry.

Sold two sets of used tires for $200 which were picked up at the venue.

Bet a C6 on slicks a dollar for best raw time and collected that too (from an STR NC).

Good darned day! laugh

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
7/14/19 9:15 p.m.

Sent the firetruck down the road today.  I lost a *lot* of money on that thing, but I did get a Buick straight 8 out of the deal.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/14/19 11:29 p.m.

First attempt at an NT stop, sucked much less day two than day one.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/15/19 11:51 a.m.

I stopped at the mall and some genius put a Chick Fil A next to a Nathan’s so I can have decent fries with my sandwich.  These are the people that should be getting parades. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/15/19 12:19 p.m.
SnowMongoose said:

First attempt at an NT stop, sucked much less day two than day one.

Nico Tine?  North Texas? Non-transvestite?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
msRjwL5DnVB6CmWeyXLxUoClB9QthOKVByMz2d6HlIzHGBPOfflcwbdJ600iL9YC