1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/29/10 9:52 p.m.

Today I reinforced my belief that VatoZone sell cheap e36 m3. 5 heater cores in 7 years!?! Berkley!

I have it down to an hour.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
11/1/10 8:34 a.m.
Salanis wrote: Don't whiz on the electric fence.

or on the spark plug of a running lawn mower.

cardiacdog
cardiacdog New Reader
11/1/10 9:50 a.m.

In reply to TJ:

No swamps around here TJ, but we do have beautiful views of the Tennessee River. Lots of music history here in the Shoals. Check out the Handy Festival if you are into blues/jazz

TJ
TJ SuperDork
11/1/10 1:25 p.m.

In reply to cardiacdog:

I'll make it over that way some day...it's not too far.

Oh, and something I learned today:

Do not try to go to the Comcast office to turn in a cable box and think you can do it on your lunch break because 100 other people have the same idea and the line starts about 15 feet from the door. I've only been to that place one other time and it was just as bad. Why do I pay them again?

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
4/10/13 7:14 p.m.

Zombie thread revival!

Today I learned that 25 years is the absolute limit for rear drum brakes on an old Econoline. In year 26 the shoes will explode under hard, panic braking conditions...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
4/10/13 8:28 p.m.

Today, as I learn every day when I get out of bed, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
4/10/13 8:36 p.m.

In reply to 96DXCivic: which FSAE team do you coach?

Knurled
Knurled UltraDork
4/10/13 10:05 p.m.

The Chrysler "JA" chassis was designed by someone who took the pentagram on the car's badge to heart. The whole design is just evil. It took nearly six hours to extricate the transmission from the nightmare of interlocking sheetmetal brackets that comprise the front subframe/crossmember/engine mounts assemblies.

I think I'd rather do a 3000GT VR-4 transmission again.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
4/11/13 7:52 p.m.

Learned there are still trusting people out there. The guy at the shop that did the brakes on my van hadn't written up the bill by the time I got there to pick it up. He said just take it home and come back tomorrow to pay.

Secretariata
Secretariata Reader
4/11/13 9:47 p.m.

SO's car didn't gain POWAH! Since the last time I drove it. Magic needs to happen so it can have approximately 100 HP more with no effort or cost to me.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
4/12/13 1:10 a.m.

People wearing "Free Hugs" t-shirts often don't expect anyone to take them up on it.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/12/13 6:57 a.m.

weird .... hard to believe

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/12/13 9:35 a.m.
96DXCivic wrote: 2) Never get in a monogamous long distance realationship that isn't marriage
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/12/13 9:38 a.m.

1) Gnomegang packs a wallop
2) It's debilitating to operate an air chisel with a hangover

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
4/12/13 10:08 a.m.

Things I learned from this thread:

1. At some point in the past, Corey thought he was R Kelly.

2. There is such a thing as the "Handy Festival"

3. Kenny at some point woke up in a Mental Institution.

4. GPS made his headache worse

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
4/12/13 10:13 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
96DXCivic wrote: 2) Never get in a monogamous long distance realationship that isn't marriage

I checked the long distance relationship thing off the list by 19. Crushed me once, never did it again.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/12/13 10:31 a.m.

In reply to gamby:

hah, at 24 i decided that "long" was worse than "distance", and in the next seven years i did not see anyone exclusively for longer than 2 months. that's what i should've been doing all along.

[/threadjack]

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
4/12/13 10:35 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

Sounds like fun to me.

BTW--I'm in full-blown MS150 mode. Rode the MS25 (which ended up being 30 miles) last Sunday and I'm piling up the miles now that the weather FINALLY warmed up.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
4/12/13 2:54 p.m.

In reply to gamby:

i've been running since december, haven't been on the bike yet this year. going to do the MD ride again this year, 1st weekend of june, and running the Detroit Marathon in October.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/12/13 3:15 p.m.

Holy zombie thread! Well in other news I am getting married to that girl in July so hey guess it didn't go to bad.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/12/13 4:54 p.m.

I have also learned a lot since 2010. That was three jobs and two states ago...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sleT7J8SseD4SuOLlPzrSUyinDGqAzFW5maz4VUjftAFPSrBMHz6RZ9IZ1hPAyVb