1 2 3 4
RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
3/10/20 5:24 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Thank you for your guidance...I'll put you down for 450.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/10/20 5:58 p.m.
Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/10/20 6:01 p.m.

Something weird is going on, page 2 won't load, it just hangs.  I can load pages 1 and 3 just fine.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
3/10/20 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Maybe your computer has a…..virus.

Added later…

We’ve got a question for you.

How many people do you think there are on this forum that would let us know if they got Corona.

I estimated 400 - RevRico estimated 400 to 500.

I’m calculating the 50/50 on when the first GRM’er will report that they’ve been positively diagnosed and the GRM population size is one term that’s required in the model.

BTW, I’m currently targeting April 20th.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
3/10/20 6:29 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

I'll cast  another vote in the 450 number for the sake of this discussion.

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
3/10/20 6:56 p.m.

Oooh, our corporate email just went out specifying that our downtown headquarters might have someone infected. Results from testing in 48h, but they won't tell us which department (only told that department to work from home). My odds just shot up!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/10/20 7:07 p.m.

My wife teaches 2nd grade here in Ohio. 

Ohio has new case(s). 

There is talk of closing schools and teaching online. This becomes complex. The kids have chrome books but there is no guaranteed provision that the kids have internet. The district is solid middle class on average but that still means many fall below that income level. 

Without this, they may have to go to school all summer. 

Complex. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/10/20 7:45 p.m.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/11/20 6:59 a.m.

My father is still hunting and hoarding n95 masks and hand sanitizer. 

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
3/11/20 8:59 a.m.

Still don't understand the run on toilet paper happening all over the Western world...

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
3/11/20 9:04 a.m.
Sparkydog said:

"I got it from Amy, who got it from Paul.

Paul got it from Ernestine - who could have got it anywhere at all."

Tom Lehrer said it best:  I Got It From Agnes

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/11/20 9:08 a.m.

Hooray!  Finally got some confirmed cases in MI.  Honestly, given the frequency of flights between Detroit and places in China, pre-suspension of course, I'm surprised it took this long.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/11/20 9:48 a.m.
John Welsh said:

My wife teaches 2nd grade here in Ohio. 

Ohio has new case(s). 

There is talk of closing schools and teaching online. This becomes complex. The kids have chrome books but there is no guaranteed provision that the kids have internet. The district is solid middle class on average but that still means many fall below that income level. 

Without this, they may have to go to school all summer. 

Complex. 

And, many nurses have school aged kids.  If kids are sent home, how do nurses go to work?  They will be needed.  Apparently in Italy, they don't bother testing the medical staff on the Covid wards any more. They need all hands on deck.  They have put the non Covid patients in isolation, and test the staff who are caring for them...

Kobayashi Maru.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/11/20 9:52 a.m.

Everyone in my company is apparently still in the clear; majority, if not all, travel has ben canceled. So far one confirmed case in KC as of four days or so ago.

Lady is self-quarantining, but she's also been in contact with her family...who likely haven't self-quarantined. And since it can take at minimum 14 days to show symptoms, who knows who she and/or they possibly spread it to in the meantime.

The state health officials haven't mentioned anything about school closings and other than masks and disposable gloves, our shelves are normally full as usual. Haven't been to Costco though, so who knows about that. Walmart/Target/Aldi is good, though.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/11/20 10:11 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

... And since it can take at minimum 14 days to show symptoms...

Just to clarify, (from current information) it's not a minimum of 14 days, it's (effectively) a maximum of 14 days.  With a slight possibility after that.  Typically, most will show symptoms within 5 days.

COVID-19: median incubation period is 5.1 days - similar to SARS, 97.5% develop symptoms within 11.5 days. Current 14 day quarantine recommendation is 'reasonable' - 1% will develop symptoms after release from 14 day quarantine. N = 181 from China.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/11/20 10:16 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Whoopsies, thank you.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/11/20 10:27 a.m.

Yesterday we went to the store for toilet paper because we actually needed it and there was only 2 packs left. Jeez louise.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/11/20 11:08 a.m.

My company suspended air travel, ha! I don't ever fly so I have to continue. I'm still scheduled to pick a couple VPs up at the airport and give them tours next week. If only that air travel was canceled

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/11/20 11:58 a.m.

This showed up this morning.  Quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/11/20 12:02 p.m.

I am home today with a fever and flu-like symptoms, so I would be liking my odds of being the 1st GRMer diagnosed if I hadn't heard the woman at my gym Monday boasting that she'd had strep throat for a week and didn't stay home from anything because quarantines are stupid. I share the gym with her 3x a week. Thanks, shiny happy person.

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
3/11/20 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Some people exist in society, others inflict themselves on it.

She is the later

Peabody here
Peabody here UltimaDork
3/11/20 12:13 p.m.

It's probably wise to take medical advice from some woman at the gym

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/11/20 12:23 p.m.
Peabody here said:

It's probably wise to take medical advice from some woman at the gym

+100000000

A trainer at the gym was trying to get everyone to run out to take mushroom defense stuff..  https://www.amazon.com/Mushroom-Defense-Formula-Medicinal-Mushrooms/dp/B06XFPBZBH

Having a father who thought that chiropractors could cure my asthma and he also believed my asthma wasn't caused by allergies...  has really helped me see through this garbage..

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/11/20 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Peabody here :

Uh, trying not to take anything from her. I have a call into my doc for the advice. But sudden sore throat and fever with no cough align with strep throat, so like I said, this is probably not gonna make me the first GRMer with Covid-19.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/11/20 2:40 p.m.

Grumble.  Tiger Moms family REALLY want to do a big group trip this year.  It was supposed to be to the Phillipines in June but when the current outbreak got started they waved off that idea.  Then it was the Bahamas (ok), Italy (fine), then Hawaii (umm, getting super spendy again guys).  Some of them live in SF, some in Denver, and us in KY.  It's a logistical nightmare with a whole pile of "what if" with the spread of pathogens.  I don't love this and am feeling more and more like an isolated cabin near Gatlinburg is in my future.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SYsmUBSRlr35UKuFzPVzITPIq8FqwdYbpT4PtfrfRGFFL6QKflDJl6Lk8yRSyAbO