fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/22 4:45 a.m.

... and it has penis wheels

2022 Colorado ZR2, ECLB, 3.6L gasser w/ 8-speed, Bose, NAV, bedliner, tow package w/ integrated brake controller in Satin Steel. All the truck I should need.

Accessory time come spring: Tonneau and AMP bed extender. Peak leveling kit and tie rod sleeves while I'm in there. LED headlamps, maybe auxiliary lighting but ain't gonna be that guy that blinds you. No factory mud flaps so maybe RokBlokz or roll my own. 8-10" Xpel film above the rockers cause those Duratrac's are gonna sling. 589 rear shock skids. Not getting carried away here, truck duty first. 

Was going to wait on the '23 3rd Gen but with the Covie shutdowns, chip and supplier shortages etc I jumped on this. I've been looking for this truck in ECLB, ZR2 trim, options and Satin Steel for three berkeleying years, and I wouldn't order one. It's sort of a Unicorn to me as they don't seem to come around here unless Orange or Red, not my bag so I went 160 miles and out of state to snag this. 

2023's will get the 310 hp/ 430 lb ft 2.7L I-4 turbo only, highly rumored is the 10-speed auto, relocated rear shock mounts, 33" tire capable and obviously new sheet metal and interior. Time will tell, but if it's all that good I'm just a trade-in away. There were no ECLB spy shots that I've seen and that would be a deal killer. No more short boxes for me. 

I likes my truck, it's my retirement present, and it has all it's chips. 

*authentic photo at the mall, it's legit.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/22/22 7:25 a.m.

Nice truck. And the hootus wheels do crack me up. I pointed that out to my coworkers the very first one we got delivered. Who at GM didn't see it?

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
1/22/22 7:26 a.m.

Congrats on the new truck! I wish I had  put Expel on my Frontier.
 Happy trucking!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
1/22/22 7:42 a.m.

I like that a lot. Congrats. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
1/22/22 10:24 a.m.

I'm going to trade my 21 Silverado in for a 23 2.7 Coloranyon. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
1/22/22 10:27 a.m.
NickD said:

Nice truck. And the hootus wheels do crack me up. I pointed that out to my coworkers the very first one we got delivered. Who at GM didn't see it?

What has been seen, can not be unseen. crying

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/22/22 10:31 a.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) said:

I've always called them Canyoneros.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/22/22 7:22 p.m.

NOT what I was expecting from the title. 
That's a very nice DD truck

The uncomplimentary slang may have changed meanings in the last few years, like the cool kids do, and me being an old fart an all...  

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
1/22/22 8:02 p.m.

Nice truck! How long is the bed?

Who says there's anything wrong with penis wheels?!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/22 10:02 p.m.
NickD said:

When these ZR2 wheels first appeared I never thought that, later they were being tagged in online comments. My Jr. High self did get a chuckle. 

They don't bother me at all and I'm not tempted to change them out for aftermarket. They do make a good conversation piece though. 

The wheels I don't care for are the Midnight/ Blackout type that I can't see the definition of from 25 feet away. To each their own.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/22 10:08 p.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) said:

Does your Silverado have the 2.7 engine? I kinda remember talk about it.

How do you like it?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/22 10:10 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Long bed is 6'-2"

Short bed is 5'-2"

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/22 10:22 p.m.
03Panther said:

NOT what I was expecting from the title. 
That's a very nice DD truck

The uncomplimentary slang may have changed meanings in the last few years, like the cool kids do, and me being an old fart an all...  

I think the Colorado got tagged with mall crawler after a Toyota commercial of Chevy guys riding over speed bumps at the mall. 

I'd bet my beer money that most off road type trucks never see dirt or off road, that includes Raptors, TRDs, FX4s, Z71s and many Jeeps. It's their coin man. 

Thanks

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
1/22/22 10:34 p.m.

Great looking truck, and you probably made the right move getting it now.

I really wish the ZR2 trim came with a double cab and a long bed, but the longer wheelbase would reduce the off-road chops. For what I do off-road, a regular 4x4 would work fine in any case.

The people at GM knew about the wheels and made them like that (fill in the blank).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o5fRD988NjjyNvKc3c953cZGQ0wZsnqyrRV95HKQPE1cWsqPRr9ZMi7uMgfoGdNF