Antihero PowerDork
5/21/22 12:44 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

Wally, we all hope you are doing well!

This!

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
5/21/22 5:37 p.m.

My uncle a priest gave me some great advice after a really tough situation with one of our foster kids.  Unfortunately we had to send him off to professional mental healthcare after him being "my son" and a fantastic boys for 5 years with us.

It was an M3 situation and was on the ragged edge.  My uncle in a cool calm manner told me to forgive myself for anything I thought I had done wrong.  It hurt bad but really helped me.

Take time for yourself, it's all good, you are only human.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
5/21/22 5:49 p.m.

I got a hug and a follow on the Kancamangus for you if you ever get to NH. We can all see why you are the man she loved.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/21/22 11:06 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I got a hug and a follow on the Kancamangus for you if you ever get to NH. We can all see why you are the man she loved.

I’ll do my best to keep up if this happens.   Pulling for you Wally. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/22/22 2:02 a.m.

Wally is at Radwood this weekend, he's having fun!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
5/24/22 3:02 p.m.

Wally so sorry for your loss :(

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/22 9:56 p.m.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all the thoughts and messages.  This month leading up to Friday has been a mess in a bunch of ways.  I had to take a break from a few things to get some personal and work issues settled. A lot of things have been going very well, which brought along more unexpected difficulties.  Over all I am doing pretty good now but it took a bit to get here.  I unexpectedly got to a point where I was mentally exhausted by the time I got home many nights and couldn't string a coherent thought together.  Things are better than they were in a long time and I am doing pretty ok now.  It is kind of weird to admit that and I feel a little guilty at times but it is getting more manageable.  I should have a free evening tomorrow and be able to talk more.  You all are some of the best friends anyone could ask for.      

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/25/22 7:28 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Wally, I wish I knew what to say. I hate platitudes. Keep hanging in there. I hope things keep getting getting a litle better for you as time goes by.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
5/25/22 6:16 p.m.

We all love you, Wally. Keep on keepin' on.

Next time you're in MA playing with weird vans, let me know!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/25/22 9:09 p.m.

You'll never get over it but you will get better.  Glad that you are starting that process.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
5/20/23 1:21 p.m.

I wanted  to bring this back to the top, to let you to know people are thinking about you Today, and all of your good times are still remembered and enjoyed by us. I still laugh at the quote "my wife's peach being a discussion here"

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/20/23 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

That is the classiest thing you've said here.  Thanks 1000+.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/20/23 11:02 p.m.

Steve_Jones, agreed.  We're still here, Wally.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
5/21/23 9:13 p.m.

Yep. We are all here for you.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/21/23 9:22 p.m.

So sorry for your loss.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/22/23 10:03 p.m.

Thank you, i got through Saturday pretty well.  I took off from work, went to the cemetery, then had a nice dinner with Jodi's family.  I haven't been able to log on here much because of a few different issues, but I really appreciate everything so many of you have done for both of us through the years.  We wouldn't have had the life we did without all the help and support, and I certainly wouldn't be getting along as well without it now.  You're the best group of people anyone could have for friends. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/23/23 10:30 a.m.

Wally, you're my favorite person across three different social media platforms.  Not only do I like your posts and updates, but I get a lot of enjoyment when I see you interact with mine.  Most of all, I like seeing you happy, and I like seeing your trips and adventures (they're always something interesting!).  I'm glad you got through Saturday.  I'm always out here wishing you the best, man.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/23/23 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I’d second that: no matter the arena, I always enjoy hearing from Wally. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
5/23/23 6:47 p.m.

We all still love ya, Wally. Even though I follow you on pretty much everything, I never tire of seeing you doing your thing. Glad you're doing well!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/6/23 9:29 p.m.

For those of you that are not friends with Wally on FB, Today would have been Jodi's 48th Birthday, so probably a tough day for our buddy. Let him know he's in your thoughts. He's 100% in mine Today. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
10/6/23 9:50 p.m.

Wow. As strange of a reminder as it is, it reminds me that my Wife's first husband's is next Friday, and he would be 46.

Wally, you are in our thoughts.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/6/23 10:12 p.m.

Still here and thinking of you and Jodi.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/6/23 11:15 p.m.

We're here for you, Wally. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
niVIaODGEnPb7yJBhbYR7UZqbMX2bDp5BoW6CUC23pQhrLjGZ9eh0vozX0keML2F