1 2
Gary
Gary SuperDork
11/30/18 6:46 p.m.

Folks, great comments. I appreciate all the thought you're putting into this for me. I still don't know where we're going, but you've narrowed it down for me and I'm excited. We have a three ayem wake up. I think I'll know the destination by the time we get to PVD and check bags through to ...

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/1/18 4:01 a.m.

Providenciales, Turks & Caicos!

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
12/1/18 6:46 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

Turks and Caicos is amazing, you'll enjoy it emensely. 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/1/18 4:44 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Thanks! I agree. So-so internet service here. But the West Bay Club Resort we're staying at is very nice. And I thank Annie immensely. We will have fun. Speaking of fun ... we rented a car and they drive on the left side of the road here, which I haven't done since England in 1999. Fun. Another thing which is odd is that the islands are on Daylight Saving Time and the airport is on Standard Time. But I digress, Annie and I are on our balcony, drinking wine ( of course), and listening to blues on my Bluetooth speaker. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/1/18 5:24 p.m.

Sounds like the good life! 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
12/1/18 6:16 p.m.

My guess is St. Thomas.  Where ever you end up, have fun.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/3/18 9:20 p.m.

So Annie and I are enjoying our time here in T&C's ... With Annie's single sister ... who we love. So we're sitting in our great space, drinking wine, and listening to Bob Seger,

Fire Lake

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/4/18 10:20 a.m.

Nice! Although you're grounded!

When the ex-wife and I used to go to the Caribbean, the deal was "We get in the plane to leave US Soil, the phones are turned off and packed up, and they don't come back out until we get home."

Instead of Jamaica, I think the girlfriend and I are going to get a cabin up around Yellowstone this coming year and do something similar.  

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/4/18 8:12 p.m.

Having a great time here in Turks and Caicos.  Did a lot of dancing tonight with Annie and her sister and some nice folks from Chile. One of the Chilean ladies was a great dancer. I worked off the cheese cake dessert. Now we're back in our room listening to music on my mini blue tooth speaker.

Candy Dulfer - Lily was Here

thunder8
thunder8 New Reader
1/16/19 6:05 p.m.

That’s awesome! Have a great trip. But I also would highlight five reasons to visit Greece. 1. Beaches. Greece has the longest coastline in Europe (more than 13 thousand kilometres), therefore you can choose from thousands of beautiful beaches with crystal clear water. 2. The weather in Greece is ideal for a summer holiday. 3. The prices are relatively cheap compared to other southern European countries such as Italy or Spain. 4. Greek mediterranean cuisine is nice and healthy, greek salad, fish dishes, grilled meats etc. If you are a lover of blue sea and sunshine, Greece is definitely a great vacation spot for you. 5. Last but not least Greece offers great historical sites to visit.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
1/16/19 8:49 p.m.

In reply to thunder8 :

Thanks, man. It was fun. We're now looking forward to our next trip  ... South Florida starting on Thursday, Jan 24. We'll be in Pompano Beach, but going to "The Revs Institute" (on the other coast) in Naples, on Saturday the 26th. Looking forward to warmer weather than SoNE this time of year.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6erBx84J5gwCKqE02yFgB7taSGsIzwcoVbomkN6il4wvZg0FuUlxAW1jWXqJcdh8