Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
6/21/12 9:34 p.m.

Well my dealer received our first Dart and I must say nice looking car turbo, leather, and a manual trans No test drives today but tomorrow.....

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/21/12 10:03 p.m.

Turbo you say?

Grizz
Grizz Dork
6/21/12 10:07 p.m.

I think the 1.4 is the all the time turbo one, but I'm not sure.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
6/22/12 6:35 a.m.

Cousin works at the local dealer ship, he sent me a pic yesterday....grrrr....My office is next door....

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
6/22/12 6:44 a.m.

I've been driving them for 3 months. Trust me, this is NOT the big brother to the Neon. It's in a whole different league. Can't wait for the SRT version

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
6/22/12 7:12 a.m.

How much headroom in rear?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve PowerDork
6/22/12 7:53 a.m.

On the road, is it a bit...(wait for it)...darty?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/22/12 7:56 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: On the road, is it a bit...(wait for it)...darty?

I'm not sure that comparison is entirely...on target?

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
6/22/12 7:57 a.m.

The new SRT Dart:

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
6/22/12 7:57 a.m.

I can't wait to see a GRM review of one - preferably one with the new Tigershark motor, as I've been wondering if it's all it's cracked up to be.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/22/12 8:02 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: The new SRT Dart:

Not THAT Dart definitely hit a .......bullseye.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/22/12 10:49 a.m.

Dart's don't hit bullseyes, JAVELINS do!

All joking aside, the new Dart seems like a really good car. I can't wait to go test drive one. Maybe I should play hookie at the Dodge dealer after a work meeting on that end of town today and see if they've got one yet.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/22/12 4:32 p.m.

so how soon till chrysler kills it off for a crossover or small SUV?

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/22/12 4:46 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: so how soon till chrysler kills it off for a crossover or small SUV?

Oh come on, Marchionne has been kicking some ass since taking over, I don't think they'll do anything stupid. I mean look at the lineup of new stuff: Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango, Chrysler 300, Chrysler 200, Dodge Charger, and the Dodge Dart are all significantly better than the cars/trucks they replaced and have at least been arguably at the top of their class heaps as well. Oh, and the Viper.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/22/12 5:37 p.m.

I just had to throw that out there.. Chrysler is notorious for building a small that everyone loves... and then replacing it with something big that nobody wants

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/22/12 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

That lineup of new stuff - other than the Dart which I know little to nothing about - in no way excites me. I guess I need to google me up some dart info.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
6/22/12 8:28 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: The new SRT Dart:

SO. MUCH. WANT!!!

I even like the plate.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
6/22/12 9:55 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I just had to throw that out there.. Chrysler is notorious for building a small that everyone loves... and then replacing it with something big that nobody wants

Couldn't you say that of about every car that's been made? Just look at the Mustang.

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
6/22/12 10:44 p.m.

Yeah, you just described the whole auto industry mad-machine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cH7CjVJgWRoXag127R4TKqr2Ycz2LOZHaHUmkRW2puzZId9hJBnGJ0IaKTMe0KRb