Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
1/9/21 6:35 p.m.

My parents live there so are almost 12 hours from me. They need a plumber to find a leak from their 2nd floor bathroom. The home warranty place wants to rip out the first floor ceiling to find it. They also need 2 rooms of carpet and a hall. Any suggestions of someone that's not going to rip off a couple in their 70s?

Thanks in Advance.

Oh... lowes flooring wont answer their phone and home depot's lines are so messed up I cannot understand them. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
1/9/21 6:55 p.m.

In reply to Toymanswife :

Sorry not near the are,  but if there's a serious leak in the plumbing from a second floor it's much easier to open up the ceiling from the 1st. I know it sucks, but it's much easier to diagnose that way instead of ripping up flooring from above. Also the ceiling between floors is going to have mold growing on it, which is also why it's best to start from there

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/9/21 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Toymanswife :

What part of Nola? I'm not that close, but I can ask Aeromoto if he knows anyone, and my boss lives in Metairie.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/9/21 7:48 p.m.

If it's a home warranty thing, won't all of it be covered so they don't get ripped off?

Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
4/1/21 9:52 p.m.

Sorry I have not gotten back here. We found a handyman angel. Got the house listed. The day before it went under contract,  Mama had a massive stroke in the back of her brain . What started out as a 3 x 4 mm area..  ended up as a 36 x 20. It seems that bleeds popped up everywhere including the pons area that controls waking and sleeping. She was lucky to have lived this ling6as they diagnosed that the blood flow to the back of her brain never full formed. This stroke could have happened at 2, 20 or 71.  

So Sunday a week ago, she died. To say it's been a hell of  week is putting it mildly  

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
4/1/21 10:08 p.m.

Very sorry for your loss.   My sincerest wishes of comfort to you and the family.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
4/1/21 10:12 p.m.

My condolences. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/2/21 6:33 a.m.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I am happy she got as long as she did.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/2/21 7:11 p.m.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
4/2/21 10:17 p.m.

Very sorry for your loss Mrs T. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/21 10:46 a.m.

Dang.  So sorry.